• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm really happy about the Ultra Beasts though, it's nice that after 20 years they are giving us something more to battle than just the local "evil team".

This could bring a whole new dimension to Pokemon.

I see what you did there! :)

Orphalesion

I see what you did there! :)

I'm not gonna lie I was tempted to write "get it? hurhurhur" at the end of my post :p

But I really think those Ultra Beasts could revolutionize the pokemon games, and it's the perfect answer to everybody who asked "well if you guys don't want an evil team messing with the legendary, what else are we supposed to fight?"

Extra-Dimensional, cosmic horrors, that's who we are supposed to fight :)

Daisukereds

*tinfoil hat* Cyrus actually succeeded in rewriting reality to some extend...that's the origin of the Mega-Evolution timeline and the UBs are either spawned by Cyrus mind as he lies dreaming in the neither regions of the cosmos or the sillborn last remnants of the old timeline O_O

Cyrus managed to extract crystals from Pokémon as well (red chain). It would be awesome to be able to battle a re-awakened Cyrus (or battle all main Bosses). Most likely won't happen, and there is no such connection between the games.. having alternate dimensions existing on their own.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I don't buy that Lillie is a UB-01 quite yet. Right now I'm theorizing that Lillie was the first person to meet UB-01s, she befriended them to the point where they took a similar form as her, and then Aether started capturing them, but Lillie was able to secure one in her bag.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I'm not gonna lie I was tempted to write "get it? hurhurhur" at the end of my post :p

But I really think those Ultra Beasts could revolutionize the pokemon games, and it's the perfect answer to everybody who asked "well if you guys don't want an evil team messing with the legendary, what else are we supposed to fight?"

Extra-Dimensional, cosmic horrors, that's who we are supposed to fight :)

I very much agree with this. X and Y was just the basic 'evil team destroying the world by use of the legendary mascot'-story, but damn, this looks like a lot of effort went into these games!

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I don't buy that Lillie is a UB-01 quite yet. Right now I'm theorizing that Lillie was the first person to meet UB-01s, she befriended them to the point where they took a similar form as her, and then Aether started capturing them, but Lillie was able to secure one in her bag.

That is a nice idea. With Zygarde cells known to be around the region now. Maybe the mystery in her bag is an Ultra Beast instead

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Calling it now: Lysandre is going to be an Ultra Beast.

I was thinking about this long before today but now I know how it'll work. Plus the sudden hints to XY's continuity today with Dexio and Sina's quest.

Bulbapedia said:
It is unknown if Lysandre survived the impact of the building collapse.

He built a weapon that granted immortality two a human and Pokemon. Plus he was dealing with the Life and Death Pokemon. It's practically bound to screw up something and make him a human/Pokemon hybrid monster if that's the true theory. I feel like it's likely with Zygarde in the game as well, like he'd also be able to absorb the cells.

/insane speculation.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Like I said before, Lillie is a Pokemon trainer. You can see her holding a bag. It only says that she plays an 'important role' in the story to Sun and Moon. It could mean anything including that she and UB-01 are in sync with each other.

Ultra Beasts: "Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.."

Lillie: "Lillie is a mysterious girl who assists the professor. This young girl is about the same age as your character, and she's working as Professor Kukui’s assistant for personal reasons. She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books. Lillie will play an important role in the story of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon."

If you're saying that Lillie is UB-01 then there's no reason why she'll have Pokemon with her in the first place or have a reason to dislike Pokemon battles. An Ultra Beast having Pokemon on their team, this will be like "Pokemon the First Movie" again.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
UB-01 is a shapeshifter. It can't be Lillie herself since it doesn't make sense for it to look like an alien version of her if it can't be her completely.

I expect Squid Girl to shapeshift into other important characters.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I doubt the Ultra Beasts are aliens since aliens can technically be pokemon. I'm going for either eldritch abominations from another universe or lab experiments gone horribly wrong. I'm going with the latter.

UB-01? Is this 01 merely part of an archaic number system, or does it mean that there will be at least ten of these?

Tuoko

Like I said before, Lillie is a Pokemon trainer. You can see her holding a bag. It only says that she plays an 'important role' in the story to Sun and Moon. It could mean anything including that she and UB-01 are in sync with each other.

Ultra Beasts: "Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.."

Lillie: "Lillie is a mysterious girl who assists the professor. This young girl is about the same age as your character, and she's working as Professor Kukui’s assistant for personal reasons. She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books. Lillie will play an important role in the story of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon."

If you're saying that Lillie is UB-01 then there's no reason why she'll have Pokemon with her in the first place or have a reason to dislike Pokemon battles. An Ultra Beast having Pokemon on their team, this will be like "Pokemon the First Movie" again.

The problem with this is that it's confirmed that Lillie isn't a Pokemon trainer.

Thepowaofhax

The problem with this is that it's confirmed that Lillie isn't a Pokemon trainer.
You don't necessarily need to be a Pokemon trainer to have a Pokemon, js.

Kingudora

My favourite
UB-01 has me very concerned. It seems that the Aether Foundation had some research on extradimensional beings, and the Ultra Beasts are what appeared. If Lillie is Lusamine's daughter, maybe UB-01 took on her appearance because of Lusamine's motherly feelings towards pokémon (even those from other worlds, mind you). Like an eldritch horror that just wants to be 'loved', but its very presence is dangerous.

I can see why people believe that UB-01 is Lillie (or at least partly), since she is mysteriously absent in that scene.

Ascended Dialga

I find it interesting that UB-01's type(s) and abilities weren't shown in the trailer. Makes me wonder if Ultra Beast evens are Pokémon. Who knows? It's possible that UB-01 isn't any more of a Pokémon than one of Zygarde's Cells.

Orphalesion

Maybe UB 01 just replaces Lillie at some point and then we have to rescue her from the Sunken City of R'lyeh the other dimension where the Ultra Beasts come from.

I just noticed my appreciation for the name "Ultra Beasts" that sounds like something from an old Super Sentai show ^-^

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
These new 'Ultra Beasts' are interesting. I'm getting serious Digimon Cybersleuth Eater-Adam feelings from the description of them so far - which is not a bad thing. It's a pretty big trope and I'm more surprised Pokemon is actually incorporating it!

Kingudora

My favourite
I find it interesting that UB-01's type(s) and abilities weren't shown in the trailer. Makes me wonder if Ultra Beast evens are Pokémon. Who knows? It's possible that UB-01 isn't any more of a Pokémon than one of Zygarde's Cells.
It is not listed as a pokemon on the sun and moon website. They are under the "Alola Region" tab. It seems that they are NOT pokemon, which is a disturbing thought in a universe where even extraterrestial space viri are considered pokemon. So the Ultra Beasts seems to be the eldritch horros of the pokemon universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.