• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Well like most youths, he could just think it makes him look cool...That's it. Considering that he also is hanging out with the "cool group" that is team skull, I can see why he wants to make a cool persona for himself.

THE Owain and his sword hand.

This is a good example. I'll never forget the incredible Owain from FE. However, Owain was extremely overt with his thinking he had special powers. The reason I originally asked about it is because I don't see this in Gladion from the information we have so far.

Youth can exhibit these traits, but they don't all (if they do, I haven't noticed many instances with my 400+ students in the past). In many cases of real youth exhibiting these beliefs of holding special powers, it is a minor symptom of possible mental illness, however the symptoms may not be recognized, severe enough, or coinciding enough to result in diagnosis. Youth are also quite imaginative and the two qualities can play off of each other, or be unrelated. This can be reflected in the level of dissociation happening with the student, including how it is manifesting and how it is influencing their ability to function, interact, etc. With the strange things happening in Alola and the fact Gladion has Type: Null, it is more likely he actually does have something going on with his hand twitching and it's not just delusions. Of course, he may fall into the chunni stereotype, but I would need to see more information before this is decided. I thought perhaps we already had that information, which is why I was confused his hand twitching is the only thing pointing in this direction.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm sure others have made this point, but I'd like to discuss it.

Could it be possible that the Ultra Beasts are not pokemon, but in fact mutations of members of the Aether Foundation? Members could splicing pokemon DNA with their own in an attempt to turn themselves into power pokemon.

For example, UB-02 Beauty could be a combination of Lusamine, Florges, and Leavanny. UB-01 could be a combination of Lillie (likely kidnapped), Jellicent, and Chandelure.
I could possibly see that, but instead of them just putting Pokémon DNA inside of them I think it's moreso like they "cloned" themselves with Pokémon DNA.

And while it was a side note, I doubt Lillie was kidnapped, if she was used to make UB-01 then it may be a family thing.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I could possibly see that, but instead of them just putting Pokémon DNA inside of them I think it's moreso like they "cloned" themselves with Pokémon DNA.

And while it was a side note, I doubt Lillie was kidnapped, if she was used to make UB-01 then it may be a family thing.

I doubt it.

I think she more than likely opposed both Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, choosing her own path instead. Lusamine may likely force Lillie to become an experiment, as a way to initially avoid experimenting on herself.

knightwolf09

So I take I'm one of few that don't think the beasts were made by Aether at all.

clbgolden12

I doubt it.

I think she more than likely opposed both Team Skull and the Aether Foundation, choosing her own path instead. Lusamine may likely force Lillie to become an experiment, as a way to initially avoid experimenting on herself.
Well assuming UB-02: Beauty is based on Lusamine, she eventually experimented on herself anyways.

But besides that, I think she did at one point go along with Aether and maybe was letting them experiment on her, until she saw what they were doing and then she went to join Kukui. But I guess only time will tell as to which of us are right.

So I take I'm one of few that don't think the beasts were made by Aether at all.
Yes. :p

Nah, but really, you're not. The general groups are either "Beasts are from another dimension but their presence is because Aether" or "Aether made the UBs", unless you don't think Aether is responsible for either at all.

Last edited:

Lykouros

Sandslash fan

Bonus points if somehow Amber/Ambertwo is involved! Conspiracies!

You think they're more like extraterrestrials and they took the form of the Aether members, or no?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Nah, but really, you're not. The general groups are either "Beasts are from another dimension but their presence is because Aether" or "Aether made the UBs", unless you don't think Aether is responsible for either at all.

Personally, I'm on board with the whole "interdimensional beasts drawn forth by the actions of Aether" hypothesis. It is highly possible that the beasts took on forms similar to Lusamine and the Lily Kids because, after spending enough time with them, their forms changed to reflect those humans they're closest to. That, or there is a UB for every human on Earth (their outworld doppelgänger, so to speak), but only those linked to the major characters of SuMo made it through to the dimension you're playing in. Who knows, though I do doubt that the Family Lilly are actually UB's in disguise.

knightwolf09

Well assuming UB-02: Beauty is based on Lusamine, she eventually experimented on herself anyways.

But besides that, I think she did at one point go along with Aether and maybe was letting them experiment on her, until she saw what they were doing and then she went to join Kukui. But I guess only time will tell as to which of us are right.

Yes. :p

Personally I don't think they're responsible for how they look nor do I think they're responsible for their existence. Frankly I think they're alternate universe versions of existing characters. It makes the most sense to me because I doubt they mutated themselves into those things, otherwise those characters will be gone real quick without giving us a chance to know about them since 02s look like the second major boss of the game.

Lizzard

Master Wannabe
If Beauty is Lusamine, why Lusamine seems so shocked when UB-01 appeared? They are both Ultra Beats, right?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
My personal theories are that the Ultra Beasts are counterparts in another universe or they could be lab experiments that took a form similar to the first person they saw.

goodpeople25

If Beauty is Lusamine, why Lusamine seems so shocked when UB-01 appeared? They are both Ultra Beats, right?
The relevent characters actually being the UBs is just one of several prominent theories. But even going with that there's still lots of explanations, from her being surprised that UB-01 is there but not at her existence to her not currently knowing she's an ultra beast.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
It would be pretty great if a plot twist occurs near the end which shows that Ultra Beasts don't threaten the worlds of pokemon/humanity as much as we think they do....
And it turns out we've been acting like villains towards them the entire time.
One can dream

clbgolden12

I feel like this was said a few pages ago, but it'd be cool if the final villain encounter was with one big, giant Ultra Beast. Hopefully it wouldn't look TOO weird, though.

She could be acting.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I really hope the Ultra Beasts will serve as major bosses rather than more Pokemon to capture. Something about the prospect feels more exciting to me...

knightwolf09

I feel like this was said a few pages ago, but it'd be cool if the final villain encounter was with one big, giant Ultra Beast. Hopefully it wouldn't look TOO weird, though.

She could be acting.

Don't see the need to fake it, since you and Hau aren't exactly paying attention to her expressions more than the gigantic ghost jellyfish appearing from a wormhole in front of you. So I think she's as shocked to see it you are. Maybe it caught her off guard to appear where it did.

DreamShield

I agree with many its an interesting concept, not much known, so reserving full review. I do think its interesting how all three revealed so far have a partial basis in sea life as a connecting theme. Not really seeing the UB's actually being people thing, seen some say its similar to people being convinced N was a Zoroark. I'm of the same opinion that its not happening, its an interesting if not obvious idea for the amount of people jumping on it, if its true i hope its done well.

Bus

I agree with many its an interesting concept, not much known, so reserving full review. I do think its interesting how all three revealed so far have a partial basis in sea life as a connecting theme. Not really seeing the UB's actually being people thing, seen some say its similar to people being convinced N was a Zoroark. I'm of the same opinion that its not happening, its an interesting if not obvious idea for the amount of people jumping on it, if its true i hope its done well.

They do? So far, the only one with a clear sealife theme has been UB-01, the Jellyfish girl. Mosquito Man and the Cockroach lady are no way near sea life.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
The only recurring theme between them is that all three are based on invertebrates.

Rampharos

My theory on the Ultra Beasts:

Team Aether is trying to create super-powerful Pokemon for some purpose. Gladion was originally part of Aether and when he saw their failed attempt, Type:Null, he decided what they were doing was wrong and quit the team taking Null with him to protect it.
I think Team Aether decided that null was a failure because even though it was powerful, it didn't share the goals or qualities that Aether had decided they want for in their ultimate Pokemon. At this point they decided to imbue further experiments with their own essence (DNA?) in order to ensure that the creations would share their qualities, thus leading to ultra beasts that vaguely resemble certain members.

Why do it?

I feel like it's most likely they have at least semi-good but warped intentions (like most recent enemy teams). Perhaps they decided that the totem Pokemon weren't doing enough to protect Alola and wanted to make their own, but things went astray (maybe one of the team has bad intentions and tampered with it).

I also think it's possible that Gladion and Lusamine might have bigger roles in alternate versions based on the fact that UB-02 differs between resembling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.