• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowF

Would you guys feel weird if we are able to capture Ultra beasts and they end up being Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion? Also how many Ultra Beasts do you guy think we will get?

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Would you guys feel weird if we are able to capture Ultra beasts and they end up being Lillie, Lusamine and Gladion?

Yes. I'd feel weird if we can capture them at all regardless if they end up being people we know. But at the same time...I want to use them.

Bus

'Absorption' is the English name for the Mosquito, huh? I guess that kinda makes sense a bit; what with the proboscis and all. A bit of a weird translation to go from Expansion to Absorption, though.

Sulfurian

At this point I don't think the Ultra beasts ARE the humans but rather experiments that are designed after the creator's personality or appearance. After seeing them in action in this trailer I can conclude that yes, they are indeed Pokemon. In the fight against the Island guardian they'll probably use Pokemon moves, and upon entrance they let out a cry with an aura around them. (I don't think sentient beings would let out a cry upon entering a battlefield, but that's just me) Does Mewtwo look natural? Heck, does Genesect look like a Pokemon or more of just a Machine? Well obviously people would say yes because they most likely grew up knowing these two are Pokemon.

However here we have another case of Mewtwo gone horrifyingly wrong. Instead of creating "the ultimate Pokemon" they created something that could rival box legendaries potentially. I think it's just that we're not used to the design yet and the artwork threw us off. However, seeing them in-game has confirmed my belief that they are Pokemon.

knightwolf09

At this point I don't think the Ultra beasts ARE the humans but rather experiments that are designed after the creator's personality or appearance. After seeing them in action in this trailer I can conclude that yes, they are indeed Pokemon. In the fight against the Island guardian they'll probably use Pokemon moves, and upon entrance they let out a cry with an aura around them. (I don't think sentient beings would let out a cry upon entering a battlefield, but that's just me) Does Mewtwo look natural? Heck, does Genesect look like a Pokemon or more of just a Machine? Well obviously people would say yes because they most likely grew up knowing these two are Pokemon.

However here we have another case of Mewtwo gone horrifyingly wrong. Instead of creating "the ultimate Pokemon" they created something that could rival box legendaries potentially. I think it's just that we're not used to the design yet and the artwork through us off. However, seeing them in-game has confirmed my belief that they are Pokemon.

Anything is able to fight let out roars. Doesn't make them pokemon. I mean they are called Beasts afterall meaning that they're still creatures.

Last edited:

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I don't think the UB's ARE the human characters, but there has to be some connection...gene splicing?

TheEliteEmpoleon

Nice to see that we got a video after all today. Despite being short, it piqued my interest about ultra beasts. I can't wait to see what role they play in the story.

.Aerodactyl.

I'm definitely of the opinion that they aren't pokemon but will become Pokémon/be adopted in the Dex by the end of the game.

I find it interesting that they don't show any in battle footage...it's so far only overworld. So we MAY not personally fight them at all but just watch NPC's do it (although I admit that does seem a little strange to me). I'm still of the opinon that the fighting will be a misunderstanding and all will be made right in the end (much like the mewtwo movie).

As for how many, as someone asked earlier, I'm guessing like 9-13ish. Around the "10" mark. But that could end up being as much as 15-20 if most of them are split between versions. I don't think Expansion and Beauty are the same Ultra Beast... I think they are both just #2 in there respected universe/game version because the other one wasn't discovered/didn't appear to get a number, unlike Pokémon version exclusives that are still known to exist in the Pokémon world even if they aren't found in the wild.

So excited for the game though! I feel like I'm definitely going to be replaying this one, if I want a main I'm probably gonna have to buy both versions for the first time in my life.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

Anything is able to fight let out roars. Doesn't make them pokemon.

They have their own unique cry, that's one thing Pokemon have. When we see them in battle and they start using moves Pokemon know, when their own signature moves, that's another check off the list.

Anything in this universe can be a Pokemon. Ice cream with eyes is a Pokemon, animals are Pokemon, gods are pokemon. It sounds to me like people who deny that they're Pokemon dislike the designs and hope they aren't catchable.

.Aerodactyl.

They have their own unique cry, that's one thing Pokemon have. When we see them in battle and they start using moves Pokemon know, when their own signature moves, that's another check off the list.

Anything in this universe can be a Pokemon. Ice cream with eyes is a Pokemon, animals are Pokemon, gods are pokemon. It sounds to me like people who deny that they're Pokemon dislike the designs and hope they aren't catchable.

I wouldn't say that...I think it's because the website doesn't call them Pokémon and literally doesn't even put them in the same section as Pokémon and is, so far, doing their darnedest to say "these aren't Pokémon!". Doesn't mean they can't/won't eventually become Pokémon at the end of the game, but right now, the word on the official site is "these aren't Pokémon". It's the impression they want us to have.

knightwolf09

One, we don't know if they even have pokemon moves and they just use their own ways of attacking. Two, they're called Ultra BEASTS, that means they're still creatures that can have cries. What you think they're supposed to be silent if they're not pokemon? And three, these don't even look like they're from this universe to begin with. And I like the designs, so you can't use that against me.

PokeAJ

UB02 Beauty looks so much like stereotypical alien designs that I'm wondering if the UBs are simply aliens? Maybe they can shape-shift emulating humans and pokemon but still looking like themselves too. Would be interesting to say the least for the story and the anime if they were to tackle the topic of aliens.

XXD17

Draco rex
I don't think the UB's ARE the human characters, but there has to be some connection...gene splicing?

They're like extra-dimensional beings. Why they resemble humanoid invertebrate? I have no idea...keeping with the theme though, how about a tardigrade, some sort of annelid worm, a sea urchin, and a house fly as ultra beasts?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Did any rumor mention anything of Ultra Beasts?

Also, in the trailer, when they came down from the sky, they looked like sprites, which is strange. But Beauty being faster than lightning is cool...UB-02 Beauty is my favorite, she's so cool. But the more we see about it, the more I have no clue if they will be catchable or not. They could just be bosses like everyone said. But I'd love to use one and for them to have stats. And once again, they'd be such a tease.

MartiniTheDratini

Well this isn't true. I like the concept and designs of these UB, however I don't think they are Pokemon, mainly because they are not classified as such on the official Pokemon websites. They aren't classified as Legendary, Mythical, New, or Alolan/Variant. If these were just new Pokemon, they would be on the Pokemon page somewhere. I personally think these UB are akin to that thing in Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. A powerful enemy that is neither Pokemon, nor human, that the player must defeat.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Honestly I'm hoping we don't have the answers to these questions come November 18th. I like me a good mystery...

iggy the skorupi

So with the games coming in just about two months, when do you think we will get the truth of what the Ultra Beasts are? Next Corocoro, a few days before launch, or the day of when people play the game and the Internet explodes? This guessing and speculation over these things is kind of driving us all insane.

.Aerodactyl.

So with the games coming in just about two months, when do you think we will get the truth of what the Ultra Beasts are? Next Corocoro, a few days before launch, or the day of when people play the game and the Internet explodes? This guessing and speculation over these things is kind of driving us all insane.

I'm guessing and hoping for after release and we are playing the games :D

Status
Not open for further replies.