• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Hey I just had a thought!
What if Ultra-Beast can speak pokemon and human. Or Roto will just translate what they say for us. They probably feel as if humans and pokemon are inferior to them and wish to eradicate them. That'd be a cool plot! :D But if they could talk that'd be great too!

A plot like that pretty much makes them like the last 3 villians from main series games....

TyLogic

A plot like that pretty much makes them like the last 3 villians from main series games....

Really? Which ones? Or maybe they are upset about the experiments the Aether Foundation are doing on pokemon like Type: Null. Hey! What if Type: Null was made to get rid of the Ultra Beasts.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Cyrus was going to destory and remake the universe, Ghetsis used people and pokemon in order to be superior to everything else. And Lysandre outright wanted to eradicate all people and pokemon bar a select few.

Type:Null's theory is interesting. From what the description says about "matching the power of a certain pokemon spoken of in legends"- I think it was actually designed to fight a legendary pokemon. And not an Ultra Beast. But the UB's vould be angered by it.
I think the Ultra Beast plotline may be inspired by a japanese folk tale. But I'll have to post it later

TyLogic

Cyrus was going to destory and remake the universe, Ghetsis used people and pokemon in order to be superior to everything else. And Lysandre outright wanted to eradicate all people and pokemon bar a select few.

Type:Null's theory is interesting. From what the description says about "matching the power of a certain pokemon spoken of in legends"- I think it was actually designed to fight a legendary pokemon. And not an Ultra Beast. But the UB's vould be angered by it.
I think the Ultra Beast plotline may be inspired by a japanese folk tale. But I'll have to post it later

I actually posted a theory recently in the Aether thread I think, suggesting that Type: Nulls "true power" is a form where it is a Mystery(????)-type.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It seems a lot of people have trouble imagining a genuine non-Pokemon enemy in the main series games

I'm of the belief that these Ultra Beasts are from another plane of existence. Think of, say, the Distortion World, which Giratina was banished to long ago. I think these Ultra Beasts come from a more etherial plane that maintains some sort of aspect about the Pokemon multiverse. Kind of like some more out there interpretation of angels. I imagine them from a "heaven" realm which maintains souls and energy, so life there is a lot more alien than in the physical universe

roserade the warrior

It seems a lot of people have trouble imagining a genuine non-Pokemon enemy in the main series games

I'm of the belief that these Ultra Beasts are from another plane of existence. Think of, say, the Distortion World, which Giratina was banished to long ago. I think these Ultra Beasts come from a more etherial plane that maintains some sort of aspect about the Pokemon multiverse. Kind of like some more out there interpretation of angels. I imagine them from a "heaven" realm which maintains souls and energy, so life there is a lot more alien than in the physical universe

The thing is that pokemon is basically everything on the pokemon world, they represent everything that lives and doesnt (just for the record, klink is a pair of gears... they doesnt even have eyes or mouth, just a pair of gears; I like the mon, but is a good example of how inorganic a pokemon can be). Even humans are speculated to be pokemons in some sort of way, even the god creator of that universe is a pokemon. So why would UB not be pokemon? It is nearly impossible to imagine UB are only that, UB.
The fact that the 3 UB we have seen have come from portals, it is very likely that they come from a different dimension to the one we directly play in

Hauke_von_Arding

The thing is that pokemon is basically everything on the pokemon world, they represent everything that lives and doesnt (just for the record, klink is a pair of gears... they doesnt even have eyes or mouth, just a pair of gears; I like the mon, but is a good example of how inorganic a pokemon can be). Even humans are speculated to be pokemons in some sort of way, even the god creator of that universe is a pokemon. So why would UB not be pokemon? It is nearly impossible to imagine UB are only that, UB.
The fact that the 3 UB we have seen have come from portals, it is very likely that they come from a different dimension to the one we directly play in

Klink does have Eyes... and a mouth. The eyes and the mouth are obvious.

roserade the warrior

If you see clearly, those "dots" and "crosses" are not eyes or mouths (or at least is very unlikely), they are just painted there (like cradilys fake eyes, not the yellow orbs in the "mouth", but the yellow lines on the skull). Even when he is put to sleep he does not close its "eyes", which doesnt happen with voltorb or magnemite, which are very similar. I must admit that is possible it just never closes its "eyes", just like heatran or magikarp. But in those cases the creatures seemed more organic, and their eyes were more... like eyes (?) For the mouth I am pretty sure it doesnt have one, like voltorb, or the magnemite line.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

If you see clearly, those "dots" and "crosses" are not eyes or mouths (or at least is very unlikely), they are just painted there (like cradilys fake eyes, not the yellow orbs in the "mouth", but the yellow lines on the skull). Even when he is put to sleep he does not close its "eyes", which doesnt happen with voltorb or magnemite, which are very similar. I must admit that is possible it just never closes its "eyes", just like heatran or magikarp. But in those cases the creatures seemed more organic, and their eyes were more... like eyes (?) For the mouth I am pretty sure it doesnt have one, like voltorb, or the magnemite line.

hmm... can we feed it poffins? 'Cause I think I read that some pokemon, like the ones without mouths, can't eat poffins... Though I think shedininja can't either and you could argue it has a mouth... yeah, idk

but back to the other argument, yeah, with what information that we have, it's a bit hard to know what would make ultra beasts different from pokemon in ways that pokemon don't already vary in among themselves. But I suppose it would be possible to form an explanation. Like there was some fan theory I once ready about that involved pokemon being "energy beings" rather than physically-based organisms like humans and animals. idk.

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
Honestly, defintion for what constitutes a pokemon is so vague its no wonder there's confusion. Espesilly, since so many pokemon shouldn't logically be so. There's aliens, viruses, man-made, robots. Whose to say whatever UBs are can't be added to the list?

Crystal Power

Yes, but I can understand why. Other than humans, Pokemon has filled in every other being in the series universe. From basic fish, creatures on land, insects, extraterrestrial beings, Gods, etc etc. So I do understand why it's alerting to many people to suddenly have this medium being involved in the series universe. What are these Ultra Beast everyone is thinking, just a new rank of Pokemon? A pokemon human hybrid? Or perhaps we finally will see the inclusion of new beings that aren't Pokemon nor human.

Either way I think it's exciting that we have this new mystery to debate. Looking forward to finally knowing the truth of Ultra Beasts. :)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yes, but I can understand why. Other than humans, Pokemon has filled in every other being in the series universe. From basic fish, creatures on land, insects, extraterrestrial beings, Gods, etc etc. So I do understand why it's alerting to many people to suddenly have this medium being involved in the series universe. What are these Ultra Beast everyone is thinking, just a new rank of Pokemon? A pokemon human hybrid? Or perhaps we finally will see the inclusion of new beings that aren't Pokemon nor human.

Either way I think it's exciting that we have this new mystery to debate. Looking forward to finally knowing the truth of Ultra Beasts. :)

It's gotten to the point I actually have issues with how humans can exist in a world intelligently designed for Pokemon.

There's a certain cosmology to the Pokemon multiverse. There's the Pokemon world, and alternate versions of that as shown in the Delta Episode and Mirror Universe anime episode. There's a dimension for Dialga, Palkia and Arceus. Giratina dwells in the Distortion World where it was banished. So I feel that maybe the Ultra Beasts developed in Arceus' dimension, where the different laws of physics resulted in different organisms

TyLogic

Hmmm. Well some say that humans came from pokemon. Maybe they're the missing link?
Anyways I think it's more than likely that Ultra Beasts are from another planet. That's nothing new. I mean, look at Elgyem and Beeheyem.

Hauke_von_Arding

It's gotten to the point I actually have issues with how humans can exist in a world intelligently designed for Pokemon.

There's a certain cosmology to the Pokemon multiverse. There's the Pokemon world, and alternate versions of that as shown in the Delta Episode and Mirror Universe anime episode. There's a dimension for Dialga, Palkia and Arceus. Giratina dwells in the Distortion World where it was banished. So I feel that maybe the Ultra Beasts developed in Arceus' dimension, where the different laws of physics resulted in different organisms

Who said the World was intelligently designed for Pokemon? Actually it was intelligently designed for a symbiosis between Humans and Pokemon.

TyLogic

Who said the World was intelligently designed for Pokemon? Actually it was intelligently designed for a symbiosis between Humans and Pokemon.

Some pokemon have a symbiotic relationship but not all do. It's more like they enjoy each others company.

I don't think that Ultra Beasts have a relationship with any life in this dimension. (If they are from an alternate one)

RedJirachi

Veteran member

It was literally molded and crafted by Pokemon. GOD ITSELF is a Pokemon. Humans are the odd ones out in this world, and as they continue to build lore around it it raises more questions

TyLogic

Hmm. Plants are living things too... But not all plant's are pokemon. Trees must be so jealous of Trevenant. XD

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Still baffled by what you have against plants.

Oh...hmmm, you got me there. Fine, I guess it makes some sense, since humans aren't the only non-Pokemon organisms. Pokerus would be a third.

Right now, I'm picturing the cosmology of Pokemon to be this:
* Arceus' dimension: Contains Arceus and the Ultra Beasts, a higher plane of existence that maintains reality
* Dialga and Palkia's dimensions: Physical manifestations of time and space, where the Unown dwell
* Giratina's dimension: The Distortion World, a barren prison reality where Giratina was banished to
* The Pokemon multiverse: The player's plane of existence, home to the majority of Pokemon, humans, plants and viruses

sheld999

Oh...hmmm, you got me there. Fine, I guess it makes some sense, since humans aren't the only non-Pokemon organisms. Pokerus would be a third.

Right now, I'm picturing the cosmology of Pokemon to be this:
* Arceus' dimension: Contains Arceus and the Ultra Beasts, a higher plane of existence that maintains reality
* Dialga and Palkia's dimensions: Physical manifestations of time and space, where the Unown dwell
* Giratina's dimension: The Distortion World, a barren prison reality where Giratina was banished to
* The Pokemon multiverse: The player's plane of existence, home to the majority of Pokemon, humans, plants and viruses

what if the ultra beast are like the fallen angels of pokemon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.