• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyLogic

So why do people assume that UB-02 Absorption is supposed to resemble Gladion?

They have nothing in common in my opinion. Someone said that it was because they have similar color-schemes and spikes...but I think their just trying to make sense of it. Honestly, I think that their color-schemes are similar but way too different. And Gladions "spikes" aren't as elaborate as UB-02 Absorption's. Not to mention what's obvious about their build. UB-02 Absorption doesn't even have anything to resemble Gladion's hair.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I don't see that at all. I see the Ultra Beasts as either alien invaders or inter-dimensional beings that were either brought to our dimension on accident or on purpose. Either way, I don't think these are Pokemon.

People keep assuming that the Ultra Beasts have to be Pokemon, and I keep pointing out how unfathomable it must seem.

TyLogic

I don't see that at all. I see the Ultra Beasts as either alien invaders or inter-dimensional beings that were either brought to our dimension on accident or on purpose. Either way, I don't think these are Pokemon.

How would they be brought here on accident? Maybe the Aether Foundation gave Porygon2 a data filled disc (Dubious Disc) that didn't give it a virus, and it successfully travelled between dimensions and did something it shouldn't have. Like, it stole UB-02 Beauty's Pizza! :D

(I'm serious on the Porygon2 part though...)

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
How would they be brought here on accident? Maybe the Aether Foundation gave Porygon2 a data filled disc (Dubious Disc) that didn't give it a virus, and it successfully travelled between dimensions and did something it shouldn't have. Like, it stole UB-02 Beauty's Pizza! :D

(I'm serious on the Porygon2 part though...)

Wouldn't that make it Porygon3
The Aether Foundation likely messed up during one of their portal experiments, which in turn enticed the Ultra Beasts to come over to our world. Maybe they sent one of their grunts to explore this strange world, which caught the attention of its native beings.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So why do people assume that UB-02 Absorption is supposed to resemble Gladion?

They have nothing in common in my opinion. Someone said that it was because they have similar color-schemes and spikes...but I think their just trying to make sense of it. Honestly, I think that their color-schemes are similar but way too different. And Gladions "spikes" aren't as elaborate as UB-02 Absorption's. Not to mention what's obvious about their build. UB-02 Absorption doesn't even have anything to resemble Gladion's hair.
Yeah, I agree, I doubt that Gladion is (or is the basis of) Absorption. They only seem similar in a few aspects.

Wouldn't that make it Porygon3
The Aether Foundation likely messed up during one of their portal experiments, which in turn enticed the Ultra Beasts to come over to our world. Maybe they sent one of their grunts to explore this strange world, which caught the attention of its native beings.
Grunts? What are you talking about, they're Aether Workers! ;)

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I had this weird dream that Ditto is going to be involved in the UB's plot. For some reason I feel like they'll be at least mentioned within Aesther foundation workers as an inspiration.

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
ULTRA BEASTS ARE THE RESULT OF HUMANS DNA BEEN PUT INTO POKEMON

please tell me why i am wrong.
This could be interesting

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Well they seemingly come from an entirely different dimension for one thing.
Another thing is that we really don't know enough to make such a bold claim.

Bus

Its not impossible, but given the weird spatial portals we've seen them come through (as well as Lunaala & Solageo travel through), right now the most firm theory is that they're coming from another dimensional plane entirely; hence the hyperspatial pokemon theory. Like someone mentioned, though, we really don't have a whole lot of information to go on. Merging human's DNA with pokemon would be really similar to genetically modifying/creating a pokemon which has now been done, what, 5 times? Porygon, Mewtwo, Genesect, Type: null, and Ditto (if the theory of it being failed mew clones is accurate). If you think about it, even Bill has already dabbled in that in the first generation; he crossed himself with a Clefairy lol, so I feel like its been done too much to actually.

TyLogic

I think that them being interdimensional beings is highly plausible, but why would they have beef with us? According to text, they only showed up recently.

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
Its not impossible, but given the weird spatial portals we've seen them come through (as well as Lunaala & Solageo travel through), right now the most firm theory is that they're coming from another dimensional plane entirely; hence the hyperspatial pokemon theory. Like someone mentioned, though, we really don't have a whole lot of information to go on. Merging human's DNA with pokemon would be really similar to genetically modifying/creating a pokemon which has now been done, what, 5 times? Porygon, Mewtwo, Genesect, Type: null, and Ditto (if the theory of it being failed mew clones is accurate). If you think about it, even Bill has already dabbled in that in the first generation; he crossed himself with a Clefairy lol, so I feel like its been done too much to actually.

Out of curiosity, where did we see Sol/Lun go through similar portals? Was it in a trailer or screenshot?

AmethystLeslie

Out of curiosity, where did we see Sol/Lun go through similar portals? Was it in a trailer or screenshot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA This trailer, although the parts people were talking about were from the non-gameplay portions of the video. They seem to go through a portal near the end of the trailer, but it's not gameplay footage, so I have no reason to believe this'll happen.... unless it does, then i'll eat my words.

Bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA This trailer, although the parts people were talking about were from the non-gameplay portions of the video. They seem to go through a portal near the end of the trailer, but it's not gameplay footage, so I have no reason to believe this'll happen.... unless it does, then i'll eat my words.

It looks like it could be part of a cutscene or merely an opening sequence/cinematic just showing them off briefly.

R_N

It looks like it could be part of a cutscene or merely an opening sequence/cinematic just showing them off briefly.

It's likely neither and is instead just a cg sequence made to hype the plot. They do these all the time.

A smaller example, but the HGSS trailers had CG Lugia accompanied by the CG legendary birds and people figured this meant they'd either interact or Lugia would require capturing the birds before catching them, like Ho-oh's requirement in Crystal. Obviously, in the final game, neither had a requirement.

goodpeople25

True but weren't the legendary birds catchable in HGSS when they weren't in GSC? So wouldn't the trailer still be. possible representation of that? Just not of what people thought at the time of course. (Lugia was connected to the birds already for why it was there)

TyLogic

So, why do they need to keep UB-01's name a secret? It's not like the others have names that give away in-game detail. UB-02 Absorption doesn't say much of anything. UB-02 Beauty says more, but it's still kind of ambiguous. Why is UB-01's name so important?

goodpeople25

What makes you think it even has a name? We have 2 numbers for ultra beasts, 2 has a good out of universe reason for having an additional name (it's version exclusive and were not sure about the status of the other one) so isn't UB- 02more likely to be the exception not the rule?

Bus

What makes you think it even has a name? We have 2 numbers for ultra beasts, 2 has a good out of universe reason for having an additional name (it's version exclusive and were not sure about the status of the other one) so isn't UB- 02more likely to be the exception not the rule?

I think thats what he meant. Right now, all its called is UB-01 and that's it; it doesnt have a designation like Beauty of Absorption. Plus, Im pretty sure one of the trailers hinted that its name is important in some way. At the very least, it was implied that UB-01 has some kind of designation that we're unaware of at the moment. "UB-01: Innocence" perhaps seems its seems child-like or whatnot.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So, why do they need to keep UB-01's name a secret? It's not like the others have names that give away in-game detail. UB-02 Absorption doesn't say much of anything. UB-02 Beauty says more, but it's still kind of ambiguous. Why is UB-01's name so important?
Maybe it's something concerning Lillie?

Nope, CoroCoro stated that 01 does have a name, and that it's kept a secret for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.