• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bus

It does resemble Lilie an awful lot and, who knows, it may end up being a bridge between these dimensional people. I have a couple of guesses of why its important, but we wont know much until more is revealed. As a side note, I really love the concept of these Ultra Beasts; i dont know why, but I find their mystery and existence really fascinating. Anyway, my guesses are these:

a) UB-01 is lost in the Pokemon world and the other ultra beasts (if there are more than just Absorption & Beauty) are scouring the world, possible tearing things up, looking for her thinking she's been kidnapped (or perhaps she has been kidnapped by Aether Foundation/Team Skull hence the Ultra Beasts arrival)

or

b) UB-01 escaped from their hyperspatial dimension to warn the people of the Pokemon world of an impending attack and has been secretly working with the Aether Foundation to mount a defense to combat them; one of those defenses having been Type: null, though after being deemed a failure, it ran away with Gladion to join Team Skull and their merry band of rejects.

TyLogic

I think thats what he meant. Right now, all its called is UB-01 and that's it; it doesnt have a designation like Beauty of Absorption. Plus, Im pretty sure one of the trailers hinted that its name is important in some way. At the very least, it was implied that UB-01 has some kind of designation that we're unaware of at the moment. "UB-01: Innocence" perhaps seems its seems child-like or whatnot.

UB-01 Innocence... I swear I said that first. Did you steal that from me!? If not it's cool.:D

But yeah. It still doesn't make sense. UB-02 Beauty is linked to Lusamine, so why hide UB-01's name?
Beauty is an adjective, while absorption is an adverb (I think). I wonder what kind of word it would be. Name-wise, based off of the nickname that (I thought) I made up, I think it will be the personification of innocence, like how Guzma thinks he's the personification of destruction.

Bus

UB-01 Innocence... I swear I said that first. Did you steal that from me!? If not it's cool.:D

But yeah. It still doesn't make sense. UB-02 Beauty is linked to Lusamine, so why hide UB-01's name?
Beauty is an adjective, while absorption is an adverb (I think). I wonder what kind of word it would be. Name-wise, based off of the nickname that (I thought) I made up, I think it will be the personification of innocence, like how Guzma thinks he's the personification of destruction.

Did you really? Oh, sorry; I swear I came up with that off the top of my head lol. No stealing intended.

My reasoning was much simpler: it resembles lilie who's a little girl (at last she looks like lol) and I figured she obviously held a child-like innocence

TyLogic

Did you really? Oh, sorry; I swear I came up with that off the top of my head lol. No stealing intended.

My reasoning was much simpler: it resembles lilie who's a little girl (at last she looks like lol) and I figured she obviously held a child-like innocence

No prob! Great minds think alike! (creativity in this case.)

There's just one problem with your above speculation. They said UB-01 doesn't really seem to have any will of it's own or emotions... How would it warn us then? Maybe it acts similar to Zygarde Cells and only takes orders. In that case, Ultra Beast are evil and wish to kill us or capture us and take our ability to harness the power of friendship.

Bus

No prob! Great minds think alike! (creativity in this case.)

There's just one problem with your above speculation. They said UB-01 doesn't really seem to have any will of it's own or emotions... How would it warn us then? Maybe it acts similar to Zygarde Cells and only takes orders. In that case, Ultra Beast are evil and wish to kill us or capture us and take our ability to harness the power of friendship.

Oh, I didnt know they stated that lol. Although, they did say it doesn't 'seem' to have any will of its own, so they might not know/realize.

TyLogic

Oh, I didnt know they stated that lol. Although, they did say it doesn't 'seem' to have any will of its own, so they might not know/realize.

Yeah, that's always been my way of thinking.

But it's name still has to have some importance. UB-02 Beauty's name is kind of obvious. Maybe UB-02 Absorption is called that because it can absorb Z-Energy. (The energy inside Z-Crystals, I assume)

I think that UB-01's ability to change shape is key in this.

XXD17

Draco rex

Actually, "beauty" and "absorption" are both nouns...I'd expect 01 to be like "purity", "flexibility", "malleability", or "transformation"

Tepigfan

I have a weird idea about the ultra beasts, like what if they all are pieces of a puzzle? Like we all thought maybe the tapu's come together into one pokemon, but what if the ultra beasts all turn into one pokemon? Like as people have speculated, they might be some sort of replacement for the elite 4, what if they all come together and form a more powerful ultra beast? And it would work like a sort of champion. What do you think? I dont think its very likely but it could work.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Running theory: I believe that the Ultra Beasts come from the same dimension that Arceus comes for. That's why they seem almost...angelic, in the Evangelion sense(or Revelations sense). They kind of are. From Gen IV, we know that the creation trio have their own dimensions with different properties from the one we're familiar with. They're so alien because they developed in another cosmos, with different physical laws. Might go to explain why Lusamine and friends are the Aether Foundation

And if this is the case, it's possible that when they remake Sinnoh we might get an expanded Distortion World encountering the alien creatures in that reality

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I have a weird idea about the ultra beasts, like what if they all are pieces of a puzzle? Like we all thought maybe the tapu's come together into one pokemon, but what if the ultra beasts all turn into one pokemon? Like as people have speculated, they might be some sort of replacement for the elite 4, what if they all come together and form a more powerful ultra beast? And it would work like a sort of champion. What do you think? I dont think its very likely but it could work.
I can see this. TBH I've been hoping for awhile that our final fight with the Ultra Beasts involve one big giant one that's basically them "fused" together.

Running theory: I believe that the Ultra Beasts come from the same dimension that Arceus comes for. That's why they seem almost...angelic, in the Evangelion sense(or Revelations sense). They kind of are. From Gen IV, we know that the creation trio have their own dimensions with different properties from the one we're familiar with. They're so alien because they developed in another cosmos, with different physical laws. Might go to explain why Lusamine and friends are the Aether Foundation

And if this is the case, it's possible that when they remake Sinnoh we might get an expanded Distortion World encountering the alien creatures in that reality
But if they're from Arceus' dimension, why are they attacking Alola?

TyLogic

Actually, "beauty" and "absorption" are both nouns...I'd expect 01 to be like "purity", "flexibility", "malleability", or "transformation"

Really? Oh yeah! Nouns are a person, place thing or idea! (Right...?) The "idea" part is kind of confusing.

Those names are cool, but unlikely. It's name is a secret, so I doubt it will be "flexibility" or "malleability" because those are kind of obvious, but "purity" is a possibility.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I can see this. TBH I've been hoping for awhile that our final fight with the Ultra Beasts involve one big giant one that's basically them "fused" together.

But if they're from Arceus' dimension, why are they attacking Alola?

They may be well-intentioned, or maybe they're fallen angels. Just because they're from the same plane as Arceus doesn't going to mean they're good guys like Arceus...and even that is somewhat suspect, as Arceus seems to be True Neutral

TyLogic

They may be well-intentioned, or maybe they're fallen angels. Just because they're from the same plane as Arceus doesn't going to mean they're good guys like Arceus...and even that is somewhat suspect, as Arceus seems to be True Neutral

They don't all seem like angels to me. Look at UB-02 Absorption. And watch them make an extremely ugly one. "UB-03 Repulsive". Huh...Kind of makes me think of Garbordor actually...

glacialcat

They don't all seem like angels to me. Look at UB-02 Absorption. And watch them make an extremely ugly one. "UB-03 Repulsive". Huh...Kind of makes me think of Garbordor actually...

Not all angels are pretty though. The Book of Ezekiel describes Cherubs as a being with four faces: Human, ox, eagle, lion. And ophanim are described as 2 nested wheels covered in eyes and on fire.

TyLogic

Not all angels are pretty though. The Book of Ezekiel describes Cherubs as a being with four faces: Human, ox, eagle, lion. And ophanim are described as 2 nested wheels covered in eyes and on fire.

Well when they said "angelic" my mind went to beauty. I don't really think that they are from the same plane as Arceus.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Seraphim have six wings, four to cover their bodies because their true form is so holy it burns to a pile of ash. There is a reason why angels always say "Be not afraid" when talking to humans.

TyLogic

Are jellyfish the insects of the sea? No, right?
I wish I could find a common theme with these Ultra Beast but I can't. (Besides the fact that they look like humans)

glacialcat

Are jellyfish the insects of the sea? No, right?
I wish I could find a common theme with these Ultra Beast but I can't. (Besides the fact that they look like humans)

No, jellyfish are Cnidaria, not Insecta. If you mean metaphorically, not literally... eh, maybe, but still not really.

Though it's kind of unclear what Beauty is supposed to be in the first place. If it's a copepod, it isn't an insect either.

Last edited:

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Mentioned a few pages back that the only running animal theme with them shown with the two UB stages is that they may be mimicking the evolution of animal life in each iteration.
First Cnidaria. Then arthropods in the UB2's
(Cnidaria actually aren't known to go as far back as Arthropods in the evolution of animals, but they're simpler in structure and no fossil records would be reliable since they have soft cellular bodies)

Status
Not open for further replies.