• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now that mega evolutions are confirmed to return, I'm now REALLY hoping that we don't end up catching the Ultra Beasts.

If this happens, I can imagine the wifi battles being even more broken than they already are since so many people's teams will consist of the following:
  • Shiny legendary pokémon with Z moves
  • Mega evolutions (more than likely shiny)
  • Primal reversions (also more than likely shiny)
  • Ultra Beasts (with the slight possibility of them being shiny if they're catchable)

Last edited:

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
-Legendaries with Z-moves- should be no problem. They may get a KO from their attack, but then they're itemless.
-Mega Evolutions- dont see what the problem is here (Aside from Mega-Ray and Mega Khanga to a degree) other mega evo's have their counters and strategy to work around.
-Primals, I can agree, coupled with Mega's they are too much. Hopefully new mechanics or game rules can limit them to one per match.
-Still don't see why Ultra Beasts will be caught. Game hasn't given us any indication

Gizmoa

Mentioned a few pages back that the only running animal theme with them shown with the two UB stages is that they may be mimicking the evolution of animal life in each iteration.
First Cnidaria. Then arthropods in the UB2's
(Cnidaria actually aren't known to go as far back as Arthropods in the evolution of animals, but they're simpler in structure and no fossil records would be reliable since they have soft cellular bodies)

I think you mean different phyla of life. They are not sequential. Cnidarians have a poor fossil record, but they do have one and it goes back further than arthropoda. I took it as highlighting tropical threats with jellies and mosquitoes... I'm not entirely sure what Beauty represents then though.

Last edited:

Tepigfan

Addresing the topic about ub-01, Didnt corocoro give us just 5 empty spaces for the name? I had always assumed that it was "Ub-01 lilly) but was it more letters then that? I may just be mis-remembering it :).

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Addresing the topic about ub-01, Didnt corocoro give us just 5 empty spaces for the name? I had always assumed that it was "Ub-01 lilly) but was it more letters then that? I may just be mis-remembering it :).

There are 5 question marks, but her name is spelled "Lillie", and that's 6 letters.

glacialcat

Its possible that Beauty represents a copepod, not a cockroach. In that case it's a crustacean, not an insect. If you look at pictures of them, they honestly look closer to Beauty than a cockroach does.

But then any sort of symbolism gets muddied. Copepods aren't usually considered pests (very rarely can they become a problem), in fact they're usually considered healthy to have in aquaria. It could possibly symbolize some sort of antagonistic relationship with Absorption... copepods have been used as biocontrols to kill mosquitoes.

Above all I just hope the idea that they're going through evolutionary history isn't true... it's too "Great chain of being." And the Great chain of being needs to die along with flat Earth and geocentrism.

Bramblefire

Aura Guardian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA This trailer, although the parts people were talking about were from the non-gameplay portions of the video. They seem to go through a portal near the end of the trailer, but it's not gameplay footage, so I have no reason to believe this'll happen.... unless it does, then i'll eat my words.

Oh wow. Even though its not gameplay, thay can't be on acident. That's interesting.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If the Ultra Beasts aren't not Pokemon, I'm going to be dissapointed

XXD17

Draco rex
Its possible that Beauty represents a copepod, not a cockroach. In that case it's a crustacean, not an insect. If you look at pictures of them, they honestly look closer to Beauty than a cockroach does.

But then any sort of symbolism gets muddied. Copepods aren't usually considered pests (very rarely can they become a problem), in fact they're usually considered healthy to have in aquaria. It could possibly symbolize some sort of antagonistic relationship with Absorption... copepods have been used as biocontrols to kill mosquitoes.

Above all I just hope the idea that they're going through evolutionary history isn't true... it's too "Great chain of being." And the Great chain of being needs to die along with flat Earth and geocentrism.

I still see a roach...the "hair" on beauty looks like roach wings (especially those huge tropical ones)...there's also the long, thin, nonjointed antennae, compound eyes, and the long spindly legs....I do see what you are talking about though...the forked feet do kind of look like the caudal portion of a copepod...I always that that Beauty was made to be ironic by making one of the most repulsive creatures on earth a representation of beauty...

TyLogic

I always that that Beauty was made to be ironic by making one of the most repulsive creatures on earth a representation of beauty...

That makes sense. So what's UB-02 Absorption? A mosquito? What other insects or animals have a probiscus? (I think that's right...)

Rakurai

If they didn't learn their lesson with the ORAS demo, there's a good chance all of the Mega Beasts will be included in the S/M demo's datamine, which in turn might have plot spoilers.

I think I'll have to abandon the internet before then.

Bus

If they didn't learn their lesson with the ORAS demo, there's a good chance all of the Mega Beasts will be included in the S/M demo's datamine, which in turn might have plot spoilers.

I think I'll have to abandon the internet before then.

Its supposedly a big demo, so its possible. I'd be very careful; nowadays, huge pokemon news even makes it to Yahoo so you can be spoiled in places you'd never expect lol.

XXD17

Draco rex
That makes sense. So what's UB-02 Absorption? A mosquito? What other insects or animals have a probiscus? (I think that's right...)

I see a mosquito...the long thin proboscis, the wings, the banded antennae...its buffness might be an exaggeration of how mosquitos engorge after they feed...hence absorption...

TyLogic

I see a mosquito...the long thin proboscis, the wings, the banded antennae...its buffness might be an exaggeration of how mosquitos engorge after they feed...hence absorption...

Ooh, yeeah.

So what exactly does it "absorb"?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Ooh, yeeah.

The blood of it's enemies...

Ok, maybe not that XD Perhaps it absorbs some sort of energy that humans/Pokemon give off. Or perhaps there's an even greater energy involved that it's seeking.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
If the Ultra Beasts aren't not Pokemon, I'm going to be dissapointed

I get the vibe that they're not Pokemon from them. My gut tells me they're uncatchable single enemy boss fights that have much higher stats than Pokemon so 6v1 is actually challenging.

glacialcat

The irony of course being that its buffness makes it look extremely male, and only female mosquitoes feed on blood.

Maybe that explains why Beauty is such a feminine thing, based on a traditionally ugly and unliked creature... they could be going for sort of a contrasting theme between what is expected of these creatures and what they are, reinforcing their alieness.

"In this universe cockroaches are beautiful, male mosquitoes are giant and buff, fish fly, birds swim, etc etc." Doesn't really work with 01 though.

BlackMalachite

Ambient Musician
Lusamine is probably Beauty lets be real here, and Lillie is UB-1
The Aether foundation probably experiments on humans, and is in cohorts behind the scenes with Team Skull and only puts up small skirmishes between the two to manipulate the people into ignoring all of the Aether Foundation's bad deeds. How else would Team Skull have Type: Null?

roserade the warrior

Ooh, yeeah.

Guessing blood or "internal fluids", just like gorebyss, isnt that pinky thing a cutey?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Lusamine is probably Beauty lets be real here, and Lillie is UB-1
The Aether foundation probably experiments on humans, and is in cohorts behind the scenes with Team Skull and only puts up small skirmishes between the two to manipulate the people into ignoring all of the Aether Foundation's bad deeds. How else would Team Skull have Type: Null?

Wasn't it stated that Gladion used to be a part of the Aether organization but left with Type: Null? or was that just a theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.