• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I imagine the Pokemon Multiverse is like a giant puddle.

The puddle was a calm flat surface until something splashed sown and caused a bunch of ripples (creating Arceus from the chaos). This event caused bubbles to form on the surface of the puddle and brought micro-organisms into the puddle too.

Each reality and time line is a bubble in the puddle, so in some bubbles AZ fired the ultimate weapon, some bubbles he did not, some bubbles Cyrus went after Dialga, while in another he went after both and accidentally summoned Giratina, maybe in one bubble N won and ended up 'splitting' the bubble into a world without Pokemon and a world with only Pokemon (Mystery Dungeon).

I think the Ultra Beasts are like the micro organisms in a puddle, they live and swim in the murk outside of the bubbles, the dimensions between worlds so to speak. They can enter into a bubble, but they are considered alien to those inside the bubble's reality because they are from a different place entirely.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Guys, I was rewatching the trailers for the Ultra Beasts on YouTube this morning, and I noticed something interesting.

The Ultra Beasts do not have Pokemon cries. Every Pokemon before them and currently after them, even Arceus, has had a Pokemon cry.

Thoughts as to why?
I'm pretty sure UB-01 has a cry, and UB-02 appears to as well but seems to be edited out.

I'm pretty sure UB-01 has a cry, and UB-02 appears to as well but seems to be edited out.

Upon rewatching UB-01's trailer, I can say that it does have a cry, but it only plays in the mini-video along with it, and not along its official art and name. Might just be the way they edited it, but it's kinda interesting.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
I might have a theory about the Ultra-beasts

I know it sounds cliché for them to be considered Pokémon but what if the Ultra-beasts are basicly Pokémon from the very distant future. From an era long after mankind went extinct.

In the thousands to millions of years after mankind's extinction, some Pokémon evolved through means of natural selection and mutation. UB-01 could be a descendant of jellyfish like Pokémon such as the Tentacool and Jellicent lines while UB-02 Absorption and beauty could be distant descendants of bug types such as the Cutiefly and the Sewaddle lines respectively.

Perhaps the Aether foundation tried to create time travel to discover the true origins of Pokémon, but instead of discovering the past, they created door ways to the distant future.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I'm currently toying with the idea that the Ultra Beasts are organisms from the Distortion/Torn World. As said, while its known resident of Giratina is a Pokemon, it isn't native and was banished there. The Ultra Beasts would be a sort of "mirror" to Pokemon like the Distortion World as a whole. It would also be an excellent way to lead up to the Diamond and Pearl remakes

Orphalesion

I might have a theory about the Ultra-beasts

I know it sounds cliché for them to be considered Pokémon but what if the Ultra-beasts are basicly Pokémon from the very distant future. From an era long after mankind went extinct.

In the thousands to millions of years after mankind's extinction, some Pokémon evolved through means of natural selection and mutation. UB-01 could be a descendant of jellyfish like Pokémon such as the Tentacool and Jellicent lines while UB-02 Absorption and beauty could be distant descendants of bug types such as the Cutiefly and the Sewaddle lines respectively.

Perhaps the Aether foundation tried to create time travel to discover the true origins of Pokémon, but instead of discovering the past, they created door ways to the distant future.

I like that idea. I don't necessarily subscribe to it but I love the basic gist of it. Post-Human Earth is something that is not explored enough in fiction.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I like that idea. I don't necessarily subscribe to it but I love the basic gist of it. Post-Human Earth is something that is not explored enough in fiction.

Yeah, and if people are really so adamant about the UB's being somewhat human, this could explain it away as these being the point when Pokemon and humans converged, creating a single form of life similar to whatever preceded both groups.

Still, I like the idea of them being from an alternate Earth where every human has an UB counterpart, while every Pokemon has a human (or their alternate Earth equivalent) counterpart. I mean, we know that there are alternate realities in the Pokemon multiverse, so why not explore one that is a bit further removed from the ones we have played in so far? (As in not just a few species are of varying rarity and Megas exist here, but not there.)

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Yeah, and if people are really so adamant about the UB's being somewhat human, this could explain it away as these being the point when Pokemon and humans converged, creating a single form of life similar to whatever preceded both groups.

Still, I like the idea of them being from an alternate Earth where every human has an UB counterpart, while every Pokemon has a human (or their alternate Earth equivalent) counterpart. I mean, we know that there are alternate realities in the Pokemon multiverse, so why not explore one that is a bit further removed from the ones we have played in so far? (As in not just a few species are of varying rarity and Megas exist here, but not there.)

I believe they're from the Distortion World specifically, leading up to the Gen 4 remakes. Like the normal and Distortion World, they're in a symbiotic relationship, and the reason UB-01 looks like Lillie is because she's her parallel from that reality

BlackRaven

Go Charizard!!!!
Ultra beasts come from heaven. They are the gods, arceus is the gate keeper.

They come down to wreak havoc on humanity for enslaving pokemon to battle

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like the theory that they're from the Distortion World.
Way better than the Human/Pokemon hybrid theory......

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Zygarde is in the game in 100% form so mabye they are a threat to the entire world and you have to use Zygarde to stop them and protect everything.
Tapu Koko might be able to handle one but It can't take on 40 UB.
But they could have come from the distortion world were Giratina currently lives.

future.newyorker

Zygarde is in the game in 100% form so mabye they are a threat to the entire world and you have to use Zygarde to stop them and protect everything.
Tapu Koko might be able to handle one but It can't take on 40 UB.
But they could have come from the distortion world were Giratina currently lives.

I honestly don't see them coming from the Distortion World.

Cor Petit

King killer
Maybe UB are related with Deoxys? I cannot wait to know what's going on in S&M ;386;

Last edited:

Akashin

Maybe UB are related with Deoxys? I cannot wait to know what's going on in S&M ;386;

I doubt it but, much as I liked Delta Episode, I sort of wish Deoxys hadn't gotten its time in the spotlight there and could have been involved with these games. It seems like a perfect opportunity.

As far as the UBs being from the Distortion World is concerned, we've seen what a portal to the Distortion World and the portal that the UBs use both look like, and you'd think that there'd be some similarity if they were meant to be related.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

sheld999

I doubt it but, much as I liked Delta Episode, I sort of wish Deoxys hadn't gotten its time in the spotlight there and could have been involved with these games. It seems like a perfect opportunity.

As far as the UBs being from the Distortion World is concerned, we've seen what a portal to the Distortion World and the portal that the UBs use both look like, and you'd think that there'd be some similarity if they were meant to be related.

or from the same place as him/her. they never really say where the metor came from

Status
Not open for further replies.