• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthea

I just noticed how the giant steelbronzong esque ultra beast looks so pretty, it has a hime cut with straight bangs and hair, and the body is modelled after a giant kimono as you can see many wraps as well as a patterned base.

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I just noticed how the giant steelbronzong esque ultra beast looks so pretty, it has a hime cut with straight bangs and hair, and the body is modelled after a giant kimono as you can see many wraps as well as a patterned base.

It appears to be inspired by the story Tale of the Bamboo Cutter and the Japanese spacecraft Kaguya.

Basically, its design is that of a bamboo spaceship, reflecting Princess Kaguya being found inside a bamboo and the real-life spacecraft. She has a hime cut, and you can see that this UB has that hairstyle.

Lurantis

Autism Love
Not sure if anyones asked about this yet, so forgive me if its already been mentioned, but are the UBs shiny locked? does anyone have insight on this?

Anthea

It appears to be inspired by the story Tale of the Bamboo Cutter and the Japanese spacecraft Kaguya.

Basically, its design is that of a bamboo spaceship, reflecting Princess Kaguya being found inside a bamboo and the real-life spacecraft. She has a hime cut, and you can see that this UB has that hairstyle.

Omg now it's my favourite!

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
The origami and bamboo UBs...... Why do I have a vibe that they are the Angels of Evangelion?
Hey they said they are coming from another universe, so it is possible that they are indeed coming from the Gainax universe :p

Joking aside, I really think it is just really inappropriate to call them as "Pokemon" from another universe, where they are...... well, not exactly the kind of pokemon findable on PokeEarth. They can't even be caught by normal pokeballs.
Well, they are in fact catchable using Beast Ball, a special kind of pokeball Aether Foundation invented specifically for catching the UBs. But that alone already make UBs separated from any "pokemons" on technical and existential level. That is like trying to say someone invented a special kind of pokeball that is able to catch human being, then does that mean human being become some kind of "pokemon"?

I don't mind UBs are labeled just as it is: an extradimensional creature. But just not an extradimensional pokemon.

scififan21

Darn a lot of things are shiny locked this Gen that makes me sad I wanted to get some really special shinies this time. :(

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
The origami and bamboo UBs...... Why do I have a vibe that they are the Angels of Evangelion?
Hey they said they are coming from another universe, so it is possible that they are indeed coming from the Gainax universe :p

Joking aside, I really think it is just really inappropriate to call them as "Pokemon" from another universe, where they are...... well, not exactly the kind of pokemon findable on PokeEarth. They can't even be caught by normal pokeballs.
Well, they are in fact catchable using Beast Ball, a special kind of pokeball Aether Foundation invented specifically for catching the UBs. But that alone already make UBs separated from any "pokemons" on technical and existential level. That is like trying to say someone invented a special kind of pokeball that is able to catch human being, then does that mean human being become some kind of "pokemon"?

I don't mind UBs are labeled just as it is: an extradimensional creature. But just not an extradimensional pokemon.
Err... Spoilers?

Never really understood the shiny hype, they are just the same Pokemon in a different colour...
I guess because they're rare. Not gonna lie, I've shiny hunted quite a few times...

Last edited:
Err... Spoilers?

I know, right? It's one thing to not read common sense forum rules, but something else when there's a thread which states in its title that it is the only thread where spoilers are allowed in all caps? Gosh darn. Stuff like this annoys me (especially after having the game ruined completely by Youtubers and the like), so I'm trying to cover it up for others. Might be an idea to delete your quote of their post, though, just in case they edit it themselves before a Mod sees?

...but speaking of: I summon the trap card "Moderator"!

Now I wish each was named after a deadly sin. Oh well. Excited to see what's to come with the UBs.

We could've gone to Fullmetal Alchemist levels. Especially as this Gen focuses on alchemy.

GDK

Never really understood the shiny hype, they are just the same Pokemon in a different colour...

It's because they are the same pokemon with different colors!

Some are just more beautiful than the regular one, and the shine is awesome at the start of a battle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The new Ultra Beasts from CoroCoro look pretty interesting to me, although I kind of prefer the previously known Ultra Beasts cuz they look more animalistic while the new ones minus Gluttony look more abstract, like inanimate objects or items. Although maybe that's intentional since they aren't actual Pokemon. ^^;

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

A pokemon is defined by having a type, ability, nature, ev, iv, moves and all the other bells and whistles in my eyes. UBs fall into that category. The ball thing is a bit off though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The new Ultra Beasts from CoroCoro look pretty interesting to me, although I kind of prefer the previously known Ultra Beasts cuz they look more animalistic while the new ones minus Gluttony look more abstract, like inanimate objects or items. Although maybe that's intentional since they aren't actual Pokemon. ^^;

I'm not a fan of the newer ones either, aside from Gluttony he's kinda cool. But the other two just look lame and uninterestingly designed.

Orphalesion

Completely humanoid Woman, Jellifish that 100% looks like a wig + hat, big, buff bug man = "animalistic"?

I have to say I'm not a fan of the Sun Exclusive one that was just unveiled in CoroCoro (which sucks since I'm getting sun for...well other reasons) because ti looks less impressive and "otherworldly" than the one with the Hime cut and the floating metal appendages.

Not too interested in Gluttony...too ugly for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.