• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Further proof that the bamboo UB is based on Kaguya: it's exclusive to Moon version, and Kaguya comes from the moon.

gliscor&yanmega

Looks like the UBs will get Totem bonuses, unless they all just glow red when they battle. I'd imagine they'll have a higher increase than the Totem Pokemon will get. They seem like they could pose a challenge considering they were shown knocking out high level Pokemon in one hit. I can't wait for them. I like all the designs thus far, Beauty and Expansion are probably my favorite simply because of their Bug-like appearance. Lighting is cool though, probably next favorite. The rest are also great.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm thinking the UB's share properties of the seven deadly sins. Gluttony's obvious, but UB-02 Absorption could be Greed and UB-02 Beauty could be Lust. Lightning could be Wrath. And UB-01 I'm thinking might be Envy since it changes shapes constantly.

Also, the Princess Kaguya one could be Sloth, since she awaited someone to cut the bamboo before she was found.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I'll say this, when I saw the Sugimori artwork of Bamboo I liked it less. It looks like a hippie whose hair covers its face.

That being said, I'm pumped about Gluttony :)

gliscor&yanmega

I'm thinking the UB's share properties of the seven deadly sins. Gluttony's obvious, but UB-02 Absorption could be Greed and UB-02 Beauty could be Lust. Lightning could be Wrath. And UB-01 I'm thinking might be Envy since it changes shapes constantly.

Also, the Princess Kaguya one could be Sloth, since she awaited someone to cut the bamboo before she was found.

I have doubts they were thinking about the seven deadly sins when making them. Maybe their roles in the games can give a better look, but right now only Gluttony(And maybe Beauty) is obvious. Everything else is too vague right now to see if they were trying to use it or not. Even if they are the deadly sins, would have liked it if they used the names for it.

I'll say this, when I saw the Sugimori artwork of Bamboo I liked it less. It looks like a hippie whose hair covers its face.

That being said, I'm pumped about Gluttony :)

Anything else that makes you think of a hippie? I don't think hippies are stereotyped as having their hair cover their face anyways, long hair sure but it's usually to the side do to a headband. Plus it is lacking colours.

With the connection to Kaguya, I can only think of Naruto(Gotta use Ninetales against it to win).

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(

I do think you're onto something, but I would say UB-02 Absorption reminds me more of anger than Greed.

UB-05 is ugly as sin, though I think that's exactly what GF was going for there. Who else can't unsee christmas lights on UB-03?
I think the Christmas tree imagery has to be intentional. Just look at that pose it does when using Discharge.
Speaking of Lighting, it's odd how they changed it from LIGTHNING to Lighting in English, GLUTTONY also changed to just Glutton.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Anything else that makes you think of a hippie? I don't think hippies are stereotyped as having their hair cover their face anyways, long hair sure but it's usually to the side do to a headband. Plus it is lacking colours.

Sorry that was most likely a poor choice of words. I just remember seeing the model of it in the leak and thinking how grandiose and ethereal it was, in part because it didn't have a discernible face/eyes. Then when I saw it in the Sugimori artwork it kinda brought it "down to earth" for me (ironic, no?) Actually after seeing the mouth it kinda looks like a mega Gourgeist :p

And now it looks like UB-Blades doesn't have a face along with UB-Lightning (way better than Lighting).

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
I think the Christmas tree imagery has to be intentional. Just look at that pose it does when using Discharge.
Speaking of Lighting, it's odd how they changed it from LIGTHNING to Lighting in English, GLUTTONY also changed to just Glutton.

eh
no the worst thing that has been miss-translated

shadowF

I wonder if these Ultra Beasts would have a leader, which Ultra Beast do you guys think would lead them?

I do think you're onto something, but I would say UB-02 Absorption reminds me more of anger than Greed.

Wrath*

Anyway, here is how I see it:
UB01 - Envy
Absorption - Wrath
Beauty - Pride
Lightning - Sloth
Origami dude - Lust
Green hand - Greed
Gluttony -Gluttony

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I wonder if these Ultra Beasts would have a leader, which Ultra Beast do you guys think would lead them?

Glutton for sure. It's kind of a personification of the black hole the UBs come out of.

voicerocker

Platinum Master
Wrath*

Anyway, here is how I see it:
UB01 - Envy
Absorption - Wrath
Beauty - Pride
Lightning - Sloth
Origami dude - Lust
Green hand - Greed
Gluttony -Gluttony

I can see Absorption being Greed, if you think of absorbing something as "to take". Bugs do this with pollen and blood and other things I'm sure (since it looks like a big bug)
Beauty has to be Lust. Its bio describes it as a creature that Pokemon fall in love with, regardless of gender.
The one that looks like a walking sword is probably Wrath.
Lighting is.....maybe Pride? Not sure on that one.

I'm basing these off of how the seven deadly sins where represented in Fullmetal Alchemist. I could be completely wrong.

goodpeople25

eh
no the worst thing that has been miss-translated
What makes you think it's a mis-translation? (Apologies if this is just you using the term in a different way) Anyway I don't think lightning is really all that associated with electric types in English Pokemon all that much anyway, my serebii search just got me lightning rod (which is a well known term) a few pokedex entries (and not always in an electric context) a couple other mentions (and again context) and spinoffs like the TCG which aren't really relevant in this case anyway (and one I saw fron a ranger game was just from before the game was localized, lightning to thunder temple). Thunder and electricity are the main ones and I think I prefer this to say UB - Thunder or Electric (which are already used anyway) it's not like Lighting isn't apt anyway. Glutton I think is just making it more consistent but that's tricker to judge.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Sorry that was most likely a poor choice of words. I just remember seeing the model of it in the leak and thinking how grandiose and ethereal it was, in part because it didn't have a discernible face/eyes. Then when I saw it in the Sugimori artwork it kinda brought it "down to earth" for me (ironic, no?) Actually after seeing the mouth it kinda looks like a mega Gourgeist :p

And now it looks like UB-Blades doesn't have a face along with UB-Lightning (way better than Lighting).

Actually, it really reminds me of Bronzong. I'm not sure if that makes any sense really, but that was my immediate thought.

I can see Absorption being Greed, if you think of absorbing something as "to take". Bugs do this with pollen and blood and other things I'm sure (since it looks like a big bug)
Beauty has to be Lust. Its bio describes it as a creature that Pokemon fall in love with, regardless of gender.
The one that looks like a walking sword is probably Wrath.
Lighting is.....maybe Pride? Not sure on that one.

I'm basing these off of how the seven deadly sins where represented in Fullmetal Alchemist. I could be completely wrong.

I was gonna do that, but I just couldn't see it right for them. So I did the ones I thought fitted. I chose Pride for Beauty as she seems like a UB which values herself way too much.
Absorption was Wrsth because it looks like it's gonna f**k stuff up.
Sword Origami one was Lust because... actually that was the only one I'm not sure on.
Lighting/Lightning is Sloth because to me it just gives a lazy vibe...

Oh and as for the ringleader question, UB01. I think a being which can change forms is likely to be able to control others by making itself look intimidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.