• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So far the only living things that aren't Pokemon in the main games are plants and humans.

That's actually not entirely true. Pokérus is described as being a microscopic life-form.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's actually not entirely true. Pokérus is described as being a microscopic life-form.

OK, besides microscopic organisms, plants and humans everything that lives is a Pokemon in the main game

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
So what pokerus is a pokemon? Dun DUn DuN.

Then again deoxys is a cirus that was hit by a laser, so what if we hit pokerus with a laser? o_O

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So what pokerus is a pokemon? Dun DUn DuN.

Then again deoxys is a cirus that was hit by a laser, so what if we hit pokerus with a laser? o_O

The fact that it is specifically referred to as a life-form instead of a Pokémon implies to me that it is not a Pokémon, but I suppose the possibility is there.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I'm curious how future games will handle UBs, especially next gen when we inevitably have to obtain them again. You can only do the "mysterious aliens from another world appear!" plotline so many times before it gets stale.

OK, besides microscopic organisms, plants and humans everything that lives is a Pokemon in the main game
Don't be so sure. Humans could very well be a species of highly advanced Pokémon, for all we know.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I can see the whole "worlds" thing tie in with remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and Sun and Moon. The Ultra Space could be related to the Distortion World where Giratina is from. The possibilities are endless.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I can see the whole "worlds" thing tie in with remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and Sun and Moon. The Ultra Space could be related to the Distortion World where Giratina is from. The possibilities are endless.

I don't think we'll see a direct relation between Ultra Space and the Distortion World, but I could easily see them using some sort of over-arching alternate dimension plot to tie the two sets of games together, just like Gen VI did with its games and the over-arching Mega Evolution plot.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic

I always saw Ultra Space as its own unique dimension where Ultra Beasts descend from, not as a continuation of the Distortion World.

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
The topic has been inactive for a while, but... let's raise it from death for a bit.

I always saw Ultra Space as its own unique dimension where Ultra Beasts descend from, not as a continuation of the Distortion World.

I agree on thinking that Distortion World and Ultra Space would be separate but they may collide possibly another way than just ultra wormholes, sometimes I prefer thinking of it as in currents in an ocean; various types of fish live in the ocean but some types are affected by currents that others miss and others may even jump above the surface for their reasons, yet they all are able to live in those waters. Would you see possibility that Dialga, Palkia and Girantina were able to travel into these realms just as naturally as Solgaleo and Lunala though?

Sometimes I wondered what would happen if Ultra Beast(s) met Deoxys because their origins sure are different but both are outsiders to common Pokemon world.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

Well yeah, the Distortion World has different laws of physics there

Leonhart

Imagineer
Guzzlord may not be may favourite UB, but I still like it a lot and I hope future tutors give it more viability, because I really would love to see someone use it really well. I'm rather fond of the of the un-Pokémon like design of it too, not just Guzzlord, but for all of them, it makes them stand out, even if they are Pokémon in the long run...

I haven't used Akuziking (Guzzlord) in either Sun or Moon, but it's my favorite Ultra Beast based simply on design. I'd say that Denjyumoku (Xurkitree) is a close second, and I have used one of those in my games as my main Electric-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.