• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts & Ultra Space Discussion & Speculation Thread

Aetius

Awwww, Adhesive is so cute!
Its Poison typing seems to be fitting for its whimsical nature!
As for Burst's and Assembly's typing, I'm quite surprised that the former is part Ghost (I'd expected it to be part Fairy or Psychic after all), while the latter is just a Rock/Steel type....
Either way, it was cool to finally know their typings and species!

Ascended Dialga

UB Burst's design is bizarre and its Fire/Ghost typing honestly surprised me. Also, I like the name of its signature move xD.

UB Assembly has an interesting fortress-like design and its typing doesn't surprise me at all. Its defensive stats will be very high, without a doubt.

UB Adhesive has a cute design with somewhat of a lake trio vibe, and the combination of its design and mono-Poison typing interests me. It's now the second UB so far that doesn't have a secondary type (the other being Xurkitree).

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't really mind not being able to breed legendaries. The poor IV possibilities are pretty much null anyway now that Hyper Training is a thing. Only annoyance is getting good natures.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I don't really mind not being able to breed legendaries. The poor IV possibilities are pretty much null anyway now that Hyper Training is a thing. Only annoyance is getting good natures.

Some IVs can be fixed with Hyper Training but if you're resetting for specific IVs (i.e 0 attack or 0 speed) Hyper Training can't fix those meaning SRing is the only option. Getting those kind of IVs along with the correct nature is extremely frustrating and time consuming especially when you have to catch them every time and the 3 guaranteed IVs make it even more unlikely to get the IVs you want. Breeding is far more superior because of this which is why I'd like to have at least some UBs breedable.

Spyro39

I feel like the Ultra Space could potentially be even more bizarre than the Distortion World.

As for UB Adhesive, it's interesting that it's the first UB to have only a single type. Also, UB Adhesive may look cute, but given its Poison typing and how UB are portrayed, it's going to be dangerous too.

Last edited:
I feel like the Ultra Space could potentially be even more bizarre than the Distortion World.

As for UB Adhesive, it's interesting that it's the first UB to have only a single type.

Xurkitree is pure Electric. Although it's should probably be Electric/Grass but oh well...

I took a look at the official English site and it mentions that Ultra Wormholes will lead you to "the homeworlds of powerful Pokemon" or something.

While I'm not really happy to admit it, Ultra Space is probably more of a general term for several separate worlds across the multiverse.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Some IVs can be fixed with Hyper Training but if you're resetting for specific IVs (i.e 0 attack or 0 speed) Hyper Training can't fix those meaning SRing is the only option. Getting those kind of IVs along with the correct nature is extremely frustrating and time consuming especially when you have to catch them every time and the 3 guaranteed IVs make it even more unlikely to get the IVs you want. Breeding is far more superior because of this which is why I'd like to have at least some UBs breedable.

0 attack is something I personally never bother with. The change in confusion damage is just too minimal for me to care, and Foul Play is pretty rare as well. 0 speed I can understand, although I can't really think of any legendaries I'd regularly want in Trick Room. I'm currently training a Registeel to potentially run in Trick Room with the idea that it'll use Psych Up to copy a Belly Drum Snorlax's boosts, but it has a perfect speed IV anyway. My theory is that Registeel will be bulky enough to take the odd hit while attacking. But that's an oddly specific one, I've never even seen Registeel being used like that before so I don't know if it'll even work well. Maybe Diancie, but as far as I know Diancie is usually used to Mega Evolve, and regular Diancie doesn't really have the recovery or the offensive might to really be a strong Trick Room setter, nor does it have anything else to put it above the likes of Porygon2, Oranguru, or Mimikyu, which are usually preferred outside of some niche cases (like Guard Split in the Trick Room to boost the likes of Snorlax or Hariyama)

Last edited:

knightwolf09

On thing I hope for, is that you can travel to the Ultra Beast's home to catch as many as you'd like, cause it wouldn't make sense that you can only catch one when we know there's multiple of em.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
For those wondering why Buzzwole's US has a volcano, it is also partially because the region is supposed to represent Cambrian Era, which was when insects, and in Poké-universe Genesect was dominant. And of course, generic shaggy caveman nostalgia.

The structures in Pheromosa is also supposed to early human settlements, like those found in Platinum's Amity Square, implying Pheromosa has developed a society.

Celesteela's US is supposed to look like sci-fi planets with acidic environments that force space shuttles to be used for public transport. The planet seems to be high pressure as well, explaining Celesteela's armor.

Guzzlord, UB-Burst and UB-Assembly continue on being traditional invasive species it seems. If they have their own accessible USes, they might be outside of plot.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Really hope the UBs aren't in limited supply this time.... since we're going to their home. I won't mind some being limited, but not all again.

I can't wait to explore this place. It looks so amazing. Way better than the reverse world we could travel to in SM

Assembly not being Rock/Ghost, but Rock/Steel is just weird though.... it looks like a Ghost type.

Sulfurian

I wouldn't honestly mind if they explain that guzzlord doesn't have it's own world because it goes from portal to portal devouring others

.Aerodactyl.

I hope that Megaopolis is at least a little explorable. I don't expect tons, but I want to go into a home or two to see native residents in their homes (perhaps even with their UB's) in the overworld! I'd love to see their version of a Pokémon center and a Pokémon mart. Just to get an idea of what they live like.

It would be great if it also had it's own battle facility of some kind, and even a clothing shop to buy a few special clothing items (I could see them being super expensive). From the screen shots, it does look like they have side streets that are blocked off by like poison spike gates? Like they're a temporary measure to funnel you just for story but they'll open up later.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
For those wondering why Buzzwole's US has a volcano, it is also partially because the region is supposed to represent Cambrian Era, which was when insects, and in Poké-universe Genesect was dominant. And of course, generic shaggy caveman nostalgia.

Don't forget the trees shaped like flexing torsos.

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope that Megaopolis is at least a little explorable. I don't expect tons, but I want to go into a home or two to see native residents in their homes (perhaps even with their UB's) in the overworld! I'd love to see their version of a Pokémon center and a Pokémon mart. Just to get an idea of what they live like.

It would be great if it also had it's own battle facility of some kind, and even a clothing shop to buy a few special clothing items (I could see them being super expensive). From the screen shots, it does look like they have side streets that are blocked off by like poison spike gates? Like they're a temporary measure to funnel you just for story but they'll open up later.

Same, it'd be wasted potential if we didn't at least go into one building. This is a new world we need to figure to learn about it.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Fingers crossed the domains of the Ultra Beasts are not just places you visit for catching the Ultra Beasts since it would be a shame to see such environments go to waste. Also it looks like the Ultra Megapolis could be the "hub world" for Ultra Space, hopefully it can help to spice up Gen 7's post-game.

ShadowForce720

Fingers crossed the domains of the Ultra Beasts are not just places you visit for catching the Ultra Beasts since it would be a shame to see such environments go to waste. Also it looks like the Ultra Megapolis could be the "hub world" for Ultra Space, hopefully it can help to spice up Gen 7's post-game.

You know when you look at it a lot of the Ultra Beast homeworld's seem to have so much potential and seem to be really large, for instance if you look at Buzzwole's home world you seem to be on a group of connected trees so that you can go see Buzzwole however if you look down you see like a whole forest and even I think river or some water that you can't reach, so each of these worlds probably have more then just one ultra beast in them for instance yes Buzzwole's home world probably has a lot of Buzzwoles in it however I doubt that Buzzwole is the only inhabitant there, now it might and probably be the only one we see, but given how much potential these worlds have, I wouldn't mind if we get to return to them in future generations and games to learn more about them and the inhabitants that live there.

Because I think these worlds Ultra Beasts home worlds have more potential then Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon can cover.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Oh wow, we actually got another new Ultra Beast? I'm going to be honest, I didn't see that coming; I seriously thought Burst and Assembly were going to be the only ones. I won't lie though, UB Adhesive is kinda cute. I'm interested to see more of it. I wonder if there's gonna be any more after this...

I'm very interested about exploring their worlds. I really like how unique they look and I hope they're not one time only places.