• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts & Ultra Space Discussion & Speculation Thread

john90

It's funny, cause when people were doing the Dex count it didn't seem like there was room for new UB's after burst and assembly, and we still got adhesive. I think there is one more new UB left...after all we have three new UB's and four Ultra Reacon members that we've seen. I think it's likely each one of them have there own new UB.

I really hope that there's more, just to make exploring certain UB's worlds more exciting. It would be cool if there are some more that you can actually breed, that maybe even have evolutions, and function more like regular Pokémon. I really like the whole idea of UB's and their designs, but you can't really breed and raise them, which I love the most about Pokémon! It would be cool if after this game they got ret-conned to have genders and be breedable. I hate having too many legendaries because you catch them already at high levels and can't breed and raise them.

I'm gonna repost this:

We know for sure that between Lunala and Necrozma in the new alola dex there are 9 spots for UBs but now we have 10 UBs.
We know some UBs are seen before national dex: Burst; Assembly; Guzzlord; Adhesive. This leaves 5 free spots that can be occupied by Nihilego/Pheromosa/Buzzwole/Kartana/Celeestela/Xurkitree or be completly new UBs, leaving all the others to post game.
Please notice that we have seen all the Ultra Worlds for Nihilego/Pheromosa/Buzzwole/Kartana/Celeestela/Xurkitree while we haven't see the Ultra Worlds for the UBs which are seen before National Dex so maybe we will catch these last on Alola and all the others in their USpaces ---> we may not see all Ultra spaces.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I have to say, I'm fine with Burst being Fire/Ghost - though I would've preferred Fire/Fairy, but with that descripion I can definitely see why they picked Ghost. Assembly being Bastiodon 2.0 is REALLY uninspired though, but will probably be the sickest physical wall to ever exist.

Adhesive could've been Poison/Fairy.. But oh well.. I guess they don't want to use new type-combos?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Not sure why Buzzwole's territory is a volcano but oh well, all in all it looks like its going to be a blast to fight on their home turf, must admit I wasn't sure if any of the past UBs were gonna return outside of Nihilego and arguably Guzzlord.

I hope UB Adhesive evolves into something, but only because it design makes it look like it should evolve into something and because its being "casually" used by someone, Nintendo/GameFreak please do not create another Dunsparce (me and my older brother both agree it looks incomplete)

I wonder if there's going to be a decent size number of UBs introduced

Last edited:

future.newyorker

Not sure why Buzzwole's territory is a volcano but oh well, all in all it looks like its going to be a blast to fight on their home turf, must admit I wasn't sure if any of the past UBs were gonna return outside of Nihilego and arguably Guzzlord.

I hope UB Adhesive evolves into something, but only because it design makes it look like it should evolve into something and because its being "casually" used by someone, Nintendo/GameFreak please do not create another Dunsparce (me and my older brother both agree it looks incomplete)

I wonder if there's going to be a decent size number of UBs introduced

They already created a new Dunsparce with Komala.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
This is the first trailer to legitimately make me question skipping this game. And even then, that's contingent on how much there is to explore in Ultra Space. Is it like a second region or just Nihilego's area in SM x 10. If it's closer to the former than the latter, I might actually get this. Otherwise meh, still too much style over substance.

This is the first trailer to legitimately make me question skipping this game. And even then, that's contingent on how much there is to explore in Ultra Space. Is it like a second region or just Nihilego's area in SM x 10. If it's closer to the former than the latter, I might actually get this. Otherwise meh, still too much style over substance.

In the trailers the areas look completely different to Nihilegos for each UB, and considering the layouts (and Xurkitree's lightening strike hitting the path in its world) I'd say there's probably some challenge to each world. In a way it's like a second region, but it may be difficult to access each area from each separate world without Ultra Wormholes minigames.

R_N

yeah just skip the game
the paths to them will probably span a few screens, maybe a minor puzzle, but i am pretty sure they'll just be fancy path ways and not a region's worth of stuff to explore

Orphalesion

it is also partially because the region is supposed to represent Cambrian Era, which was when insects, and in Poké-universe Genesect was dominant. And of course, generic shaggy caveman nostalgia.

No.

During the Cambrian era all life on earth was aquatic. There weren't even any plants on land yet.

You are thinking of the Devonian and Carboniferous Periods.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm hoping Ultra Space is another region, maybe even 0.5 of one. It's probably just a route with linear paths but at least it looks flashy.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I guess I was right about these being similar to Hoopa Rings. Except it is actually explorable.

I am curious if we could actually revisit areas in previous regions for the legendaries.
For example, Spear Pillar for Dialga/Palkia and Distortion World for Giratina. They don't have to make the whole area accessible.

future.newyorker

I guess I was right about these being similar to Hoopa Rings. Except it is actually explorable.

I am curious if we could actually revisit areas in previous regions for the legendaries.
For example, Spear Pillar for Dialga/Palkia and Distortion World for Giratina. They don't have to make the whole area accessible.

It would be even cooler if we could visit Arceus' area (I have no clue what it was called, I've completely forgotten) and before you say, but it's an event only Pokémon! Deoxys was an event onl Pokémon before Gen VI and they made it a non event Pokémon in ORAS.

ShadowForce720

It would be even cooler if we could visit Arceus' area (I have no clue what it was called, I've completely forgotten) and before you say, but it's an event only Pokémon! Deoxys was an event onl Pokémon before Gen VI and they made it a non event Pokémon in ORAS.

In all honesty I think if there going to make Arceus a non event legendary pokemon there probably wouldn't do it in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon but instead they would probably wait until they do the Diamond and Pearl remakes and have it happen in those games instead.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I would imagine that the minigame on Solgaleo/Lunala would be similar to the Soaring mechanism, only instead of landing in cities/routes/mirage spots, you land in Buzzwoleland or Megalopolis.

I think it would be awesome, if this is going through the multiverse, to either a) go to the SM world and battle yourself (either a default Red-like team with the starters, Lycanroc, Mimikyu, and another Pokemon, or your actual team a la memory link) or
b) go into the old GB/GBC/GBA/NDS era multiverse and explore around parts of Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova with the mechanics/graphics of the time (i.e. no held items in Kanto, no abilities in Johto, no physical special split in Hoenn, etc) but with new Alola pokemon. That would be a true celebration of the amazing 20 years we have had with Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wasn't expecting UB - Burst's type combination to be Fire and Ghost; I was thinking it'd be part Psychic-type at the very least given its bright, jester-like design. UB - Adhesive is definitely my favorite of the three new Ultra Beasts in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, because it manages to look both alien-like and adorable at the same time.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
UB Adhesive looks like it is going to to evolve into something. Hey, we have a legendary Pokemon that evolves, anything goes

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
UB Adhesive looks like it is going to to evolve into something. Hey, we have a legendary Pokemon that evolves, anything goes

Why? Just because it's small? There are plenty of small Pokémon that don't evolve. I'm not saying it can'y, but there's nothing in particular about it that makes it "look like it's going to evolve."

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I hope there are more to explore in Ultra Megalopolis instead of climbing the tower and ending the Necrozma story only. Also, it would be great to re-visit the place when the story is over and how it looks like in daylight.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Just hope the Megalopolis to be a big place to explore. Not as big as Lumiose but still big enough to keep me interested and not only be there for the main story.

Aetius

Just noticed that Adhesive and the Nidoran line share the same species.
That's....interesting...