• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts & Ultra Space Discussion & Speculation Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Now that we've seen more of the Ultra Space and Ultra Beasts, feel free to discuss it here.

--

Alright, so I've been thinking...

The bit with the player riding Lunala within Ultra Space passing through rings is obviously a minigame. And I think that it is a post-game feature.
I'd like to think that it's similar to the Hoopa rings in ORAS, but with Ultra Beasts waiting on the other end.

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina maybe obtainable post-game in this way as well.

Ultra Beast Lover

I'd like it if Palkia did its' job and we got to see it in its' home turf along with the others

Aetius

As long as we can have access to other Ultra Spaces through that mini-game, I'm fine with it!
Either way, that cutscene starring Xurkytree was interesting to say the least...

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
If this is only a mini game, it will be wasted potential imo. Hope we can wander around Ultra Space for some exploration. It would be fun if Dialga, Palkia and Giratina appeared there as well.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah maybe someone says something like, "It seems that all of the Ultra Wormholes opening caused some chaos and now the legends of time and space are a bit restless."

future.newyorker

Well, now we know what that area is and what the mini game is for. Plus another new UB. UB Adhesive. Plus we see the members of the new team using UB's against the protagonist. These games are shaping up to be superb. Everyone aboard the hype train!

Ultra Beast Lover

Woah these worlds look like so much fun! Aw Nihilego is trying to infest us, Adhesive is so cute!

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I love how we chase after the Ultra Beasts now! That's going to be so much fun. Just look at Xurkitree cutely dancing around.

AmethystLeslie

I was thinking that maybe we'll spend a small fraction (not disgustingly small, but enough to do what we have to go there and leave and hopefully come back to explore more), but now, maybe it's just hype getting to me, but i hope we get enough content here to basically have a 2nd region to explore.

Also, Fire/Ghost for UB Burst, i didn't expect that Ghost typing at all. Really cool.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder if we're sent on a mission postgame by the Ultra Recon Squad to catch the Ultra Beasts like maybe they want Alola to learn about them?

Pokemon Power

So you actually get to explore Ultra Space this time around. Impressive. I wonder if that means, with the exception of the new ones of course, that every Ultra Beast will be available.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Before anybody asks, in TCG, Nihilego's US is known as Sea of Void(though it can be read as Sea of Nihilism).

I literally left this freakin website for two hours and they reveal big new info.

So Ultra Space is now fully accessible omg! I don't think the area itself will be a mini game, but there is a possibility of it being a postgame quest. Maybe a quest that is really worthwhile and fun, but most likely still a postgame quest. The Ultra City thing though, I was not expecting that. So I guess this kinda confirms that there are people living there and the "Ultra Recon Squad" aren't from the Pokemon World!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, Mind Blown, based on the insane recoil, is probably Fire-Type (and probably special) variant of Head Smash. Either that, or UB-Burst has abysmal Base HP (probably Base 29 or 31 HP, since its stats have to be prime), but I'm leaning towards the former.

UB-Adhesive is adorable, and I'm curious how its Stats will be distributed. Hopefully it won't just be Nihilego minus the Rock-Typing.

And finally, the Ultra Space environments are gorgeous! Nihilego's home turf did not do Ultra Space justice (it looked nice, but it has nothing on Buzzwole and Xurkitree's habitats.)

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, UB Adhesive! I'd assume that it's the Ultra Space equivalent of a weaker Pokemon in the main world, since most of the other UBs are kind of sort of uber-powerful while UB Adhesive is on the teams of presumably all of the Ultra Recon Squad. It does look ridiculously adorable though.

future.newyorker

I wonder if UB Adhesive will actually evolve since it's encountered on an enemies team fairly early (see Dartrix in the trailer), could it perhaps evolve into Nihilego? It would make sense with Nihilego's tendency to adhere itself to its prey.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, UB Adhesive! I'd assume that it's the Ultra Space equivalent of a weaker Pokemon in the main world, since most of the other UBs are kind of sort of uber-powerful while UB Adhesive is on the teams of presumably all of the Ultra Recon Squad. It does look ridiculously adorable though.

wasted potential for a mythical pokemon of the poison type! BUT it's incredibly adorable. It'll suck if it's deemed the most common of all the ub's and everyone will have one...