• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts & Ultra Space Discussion & Speculation Thread

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
There is no recoil. It works like Curse and halves its HP.

Ah, I didn't realize the main site already updated, but you're right. That's a shame, as you'll barely get one or two uses out of it, especially if Stealth Rock is in play.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, UB Adhesive! I'd assume that it's the Ultra Space equivalent of a weaker Pokemon in the main world, since most of the other UBs are kind of sort of uber-powerful while UB Adhesive is on the teams of presumably all of the Ultra Recon Squad. It does look ridiculously adorable though.

Interestingly, it is classified as the Poison Pin Pokemon, which is the exact same classification as Nidoran. This could mean nothing (as several Pokemon share the same classification), but it does mean that it shares its classification with a rather commonplace Mon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
In these games I am hoping for explanations to the following:

1. What the eff is arceus is doing as necrozma gobbles up the light in all these worlds... they need to explain it's absence as it's worlds apparently go to poop.
2. Is UltraSpace one big world but the random ultra space holes bring us to just random parts of the other big world, or does each UB actually have it's own little individual world? Really hope it's one big world that theyre all in, and not multiple worlds, because that's just too much imo.
3. Are Ultra Beasts and pokemon related at all and what are the origins of the ultra beasts?

Thure

1. What the eff is arceus is doing as necrozma gobbles up the light in all these worlds... they need to explain it's absence as it's worlds apparently go to poop.

Why should he care? It's not like a god has to care about stuff like this. He created the world and does nothing more.

20LigerZero16

"..........................."
So I guess we're getting new areas in the game....That are not shown on the alola map.

Ultra space mini-game and being able to go to different ultra worlds, looks like it could be very exciting.

Maybe that's where we go and catch other legendary pokemon?

Last edited:

john90

We know for sure that between Lunala and Necrozma in the new alola dex there are 9 spots for UBs but now we have 10 UBs.
We know some UBs are seen before national dex: Burst; Assembly; Guzzlord; Adhesive. This leaves 5 free spots that can be occupied by Nihilego/Pheromosa/Buzzwole/Kartana/Celeestela/Xurkitree or be completly new UBs, leaving all the others to post game.
Please notice that we have seen all the Ultra Worlds for Nihilego/Pheromosa/Buzzwole/Kartana/Celeestela/Xurkitree while we haven't see the Ultra Worlds for the UBs which are seen before National Dex so maybe we will catch these last on Alola and all the others in their USpaces ---> we may not see all Ultra spaces.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I hope none of the Ultra Space areas are one-time access. I want to be able to return as many time as we want.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
In these games I am hoping for explanations to the following:

2. Is UltraSpace one big world but the random ultra space holes bring us to just random parts of the other big world, or does each UB actually have it's own little individual world? Really hope it's one big world that theyre all in, and not multiple worlds, because that's just too much imo.
3. Are Ultra Beasts and pokemon related at all and what are the origins of the ultra beasts?

Why should he care? It's not like a god has to care about stuff like this. He created the world and does nothing more.

I am more concerned about questions 2 and 3 tbh. I should have put the arceus question last because it would have been an easy story if Arceus just came and saved the day every time :p

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I had a crazy fan theory, you know how the last trailer said "The Alola you know is gone" what if megalopoplis is the Alola of Sun and moon, when looker chose to over look necozoma it took Sun and Moons light which would become megalopolis later on. From there they'd find a way to travel to a world in chase of necozoma which is the Alola of USUM so they can get their light back.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
I wonder if UB Adhesive will actually evolve since it's encountered on an enemies team fairly early (see Dartrix in the trailer), could it perhaps evolve into Nihilego? It would make sense with Nihilego's tendency to adhere itself to its prey.

I rewatched the trailer and your post came to mind. I'm wondering if the reason that they show Dartrix instead of Decidueye is because of Ghost's resistance to Poison. In the trailers they usually like to show a pokemon using a move that is super effective to its opponent. Since Decidueye only takes 1x damage from poison Dartrix was used instead. Now they could have easily put in a fairy or one of the other Alolan grass types to show this, but just wanted to point out that it doesn't necessarily indicate that we run into UB Adhesive earlier in the story.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So maybe I'm crazy here, but this latest English trailer leads me to believe that Ultra Space is less one continuous alternate reality of sorts, and more a series of pocket, void-like dimensions that may or may not be interconnected. With Ultra Megalopolis acting as a hub of sorts (or a realm where fallers ended up gathering). I'm going to agree that the Nebby-riding minigame and, thus, the UB-specific dungeons (which unfortunately look to be nothing more than hallways leading to encounters, like SM's Ultra Space) will be relegated to the postgame. But hopefully that means we'll have more to do after the main story.

Last edited:

shadowF

Ok, I am having a really hard time deciding if I want Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. On the one hand I have Sun so I was going to go with Ultra Moon but it is too hard to decide! both have awesome version exclusives in terms of characters and Pokemon! Plus UB Adhesive looks awesome! If it evolves that would be cool but if it does not then it doesn't matter because it looks really cool! Was wondering the trailer that showed Guzzlord, could that be his Ultra Space? or does he not have one? Maybe some of the Ultra Beasts other than the new ones will also invade! Last does anyone think this is it in terms of new Ultra Beasts? Or there still might be some new Ultra Beasts that have yet been announced? How many new Ultra Beasts do you guys think we might get?

Ultra Beast Lover

I love how Xurkitree's dimension isn't even subtle on which UB it belongs to XD it's just like, "Hey, hi you're in Xurkitree's dimension is that clear enough yet?"

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Ultra Metropolis and battling the UB in their home dimension immediately remind me of Platinum's Distortion World. Nihilego aside, I hope there's some actual exploration this time, rather than just a tiny corridor. Adhesive kinda reminds me of Lilo & Stitch's experiments, especially the eyes.

Last edited:

.Aerodactyl.

It's funny, cause when people were doing the Dex count it didn't seem like there was room for new UB's after burst and assembly, and we still got adhesive. I think there is one more new UB left...after all we have three new UB's and four Ultra Reacon members that we've seen. I think it's likely each one of them have there own new UB.

I really hope that there's more, just to make exploring certain UB's worlds more exciting. It would be cool if there are some more that you can actually breed, that maybe even have evolutions, and function more like regular Pokémon. I really like the whole idea of UB's and their designs, but you can't really breed and raise them, which I love the most about Pokémon! It would be cool if after this game they got ret-conned to have genders and be breedable. I hate having too many legendaries because you catch them already at high levels and can't breed and raise them.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I didn't think I'd ever like an Ultra Beast but I really like UB: Adhesive. It actually looks like a Pokemon unlike the rest which still don't look like they fit in Pokemon at all. I hope UB: Adhesive isn't US exclusive and can be obtained in UM which is the version I'll be playing. As for Ultra Space, being able to explore it looks incredible. I feel much more excited about the games now.

Dragon Pulse

I really like UB Burst and would have never expected its typing. UB Assembly on the other hand kinda bores me unfortunately. UB Adhesive is really cute though! I want more small UBs like it.

Last edited:

Dragon Pulse

This may never happen, but I thought it'd be cool if Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina could somewhat turn out to be Ultra Beasts, and they could equally have a UB form where their appearance changes and maybe even their typing?

.Aerodactyl.

This may never happen, but I thought it'd be cool if Decidueye, Incineroar and Primarina could somewhat turn out to be Ultra Beasts, and they could equally have a UB form where their appearance changes and maybe even their typing?

Or if they had like, an UB starter trio XD. I do love this idea, I was secretly hoping that the starters would have a second final form like Lycanroc got a third so they would feel new to use.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
It's funny, cause when people were doing the Dex count it didn't seem like there was room for new UB's after burst and assembly, and we still got adhesive. I think there is one more new UB left...after all we have three new UB's and four Ultra Reacon members that we've seen. I think it's likely each one of them have there own new UB.

I really hope that there's more, just to make exploring certain UB's worlds more exciting. It would be cool if there are some more that you can actually breed, that maybe even have evolutions, and function more like regular Pokémon. I really like the whole idea of UB's and their designs, but you can't really breed and raise them, which I love the most about Pokémon! It would be cool if after this game they got ret-conned to have genders and be breedable. I hate having too many legendaries because you catch them already at high levels and can't breed and raise them.

Yeah, we definitely were wrong there, but I can't say I hate being wrong in that case since at least it means getting more UBs out of the situation.

Unfortunately while that would be nice, GF has a habit of avoiding reconning certain aspects of Pokémon so I don't think they'll allow breeding with them. It would be nice if they did though since then I wouldn't have to do the reset method to get good stats with them.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Yeah, we definitely were wrong there, but I can't say I hate being wrong in that case since at least it means getting more UBs out of the situation.

Unfortunately while that would be nice, GF has a habit of avoiding reconning certain aspects of Pokémon so I don't think they'll allow breeding with them. It would be nice if they did though since then I wouldn't have to do the reset method to get good stats with them.

Breedable UBs would be huge for me as I'll happily breed for Pokemon but SRing for IVs is just too tedious, especially on special attackers. I very rarely use Legendaries for this reason.