• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts & Ultra Space Discussion & Speculation Thread

Bus

There's been a lot to sift through here; I just now found out about the two new UBs. Someone mentioned that the pokedex has space for 9 Ultra Beasts and now we have 10 known, correct? Is it possible that the Pokedex seen was just the Alolan Dex and later on the 'international dex (or whatever its called) will be available to account for the extra ultra beasts?

Thure

There's been a lot to sift through here; I just now found out about the two new UBs. Someone mentioned that the pokedex has space for 9 Ultra Beasts and now we have 10 known, correct? Is it possible that the Pokedex seen was just the Alolan Dex and later on the 'international dex (or whatever its called) will be available to account for the extra ultra beasts?

But for this one UB would be cut from the Alola-Dex.

future.newyorker

It is widely believed (and for good reason) that UB Adhesive will be earlier in the dex.

wilmawong

I would have preferred UB Adhesive to be Poison/Fairy, UB Burst to be Fire/Fairy and UB Assembly to be Rock/Ghost just to use some of the unused type combinations

Aleh

«Last Hope»
In my opinion it’s obvious gen 4’s lore is connected to gen 7’s, just as it’s connected to gen 2’s. Ultra Beasts are Pokémon from other dimensions that look very peculiar. Well guess what, this definition applies to Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina too, all of which have their own dimensions. If anything, it’s just a matter of Sinnoh not really having come in contact with ultra wormholes like Alola and therefore they don’t call them the same way. It doesn’t make sense to make a distinction between them with the info we have. At least not yet.
There’s also the fact they created type: null from knowledge about Arceus specifically to make a ‘Beast Killer’ implying it’s kinda seen as the only thing that normally would be able to control them perhaps.
Also remakes don’t have to happen in the same gen to be relevant. Game Freak loves creating a massive interconnected lore and limiting it to games of the same gen would go against this vision, same reason why I don’t think we’re done with Mega Evolution yet too

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
In my opinion it’s obvious gen 4’s lore is connected to gen 7’s, just as it’s connected to gen 2’s. Ultra Beasts are Pokémon from other dimensions that look very peculiar. Well guess what, this definition applies to Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina too, all of which have their own dimensions.

Except that nothing states that Arceus and its creations are from those dimensions. Remember, Giratina isn't from the Distortion World, it was banished there because of its violence.

And Arceus can't really be from anywhere since nothing existed before it did.

There’s also the fact they created type: null from knowledge about Arceus specifically to make a ‘Beast Killer’ implying it’s kinda seen as the only thing that normally would be able to control them perhaps.

No, they wanted to recreate Arceus's data so Type: Full could change types.

The purpose was to make sure that Type: Full would be adaptable enough to combat these mysterious Pokemon.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Also remakes don’t have to happen in the same gen to be relevant. Game Freak loves creating a massive interconnected lore and limiting it to games of the same gen would go against this vision, same reason why I don’t think we’re done with Mega Evolution yet too

Game Freak has no problems making little references to other regions but they don't seem to like much more than that. They don't really like carrying over mechanics from gen to gen because they want to "surprise" people no matter how much people like a certain mechanic. I don't expect any new Megas until Game Freak has a change in philosophy or until XY remakes, whichever comes first.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Except that nothing states that Arceus and its creations are from those dimensions. Remember, Giratina isn't from the Distortion World, it was banished there because of its violence.

And Arceus can't really be from anywhere since nothing existed before it did.

No, they wanted to recreate Arceus's data so Type: Full could change types.

The purpose was to make sure that Type: Full would be adaptable enough to combat these mysterious Pokemon.

I'm honestly expecting them to clear up the differences between all these dimensions, because it's getting a little silly lol. One of these professors studying UltraSpace should hopefully know about Sinnoh Lore too, and thus they should, even if quickly and vaguely, explain how UltraSpace differs from other dimensions.

Although I do expect them to also be connected, as we see in the dimensional lab that they have files on Girantina, Palkia, and Bronzong, so there has to be something similar!

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Although I do expect them to also be connected, as we see in the dimensional lab that they have files on Girantina, Palkia, and Bronzong, so there has to be something similar!

The reason those are mentioned because they have abilities that are connected to alternate dimensions. I honestly wonder if it's a big coincidence.

Are there any other Pokemon from other generations who are associated with parallel dimensions?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Hoopa, Gastly-line(and Ghost-types in general), Porygon-line(Porygon-Z in particular), Ralts-line(Kirlia and Gardevoir in particular), other extradimensional species like Unown etc.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The reason those are mentioned because they have abilities that are connected to alternate dimensions. I honestly wonder if it's a big coincidence.

Are there any other Pokemon from other generations who are associated with parallel dimensions?

I'm just hoping they clear that all up though, but yeah I definitely got that they were there because of being connected to alternate dimensions. The more they explain everything away with "oh its from a different dimension" and leaves it vague, the less interesting it is.

At least say that UltraSpace is the highway to all the different dimensions or something? Maybe it's just me, but I'm annoyed of all these dimensions floating around that are just ways to cop out explanations.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
In my opinion it’s obvious gen 4’s lore is connected to gen 7’s, just as it’s connected to gen 2’s.

I can begin to understand why you would say Gen VII is connected to Gen IV, but Gen II? What? Why?

Ultra Beasts are Pokémon from other dimensions that look very peculiar. Well guess what, this definition applies to Arceus, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina too, all of which have their own dimensions.

Even if we ignore the rampant speculative nature of that remark, there's still a problem with that suggestion. Ultra Beast isn't just a mythological concept, it's also a modern-day scientific classification. If Arceus and the Sinnoh Trio fit into the classification of an Ultra Beasts, they would be acknowledged as such, at least ambiguously like Lunala, Solgaleo, and Necrozma. There's also the fact that even if we want to assume they all originate from the their dimensions, they're all separate dimensions entirely. And if they're separate to each other, than there's no way they can all come from Ultra Space. Ultra Beasts are not Pokemon from other dimensions, they're Pokemon that come from Ultra Space specifically.

If anything, it’s just a matter of Sinnoh not really having come in contact with ultra wormholes like Alola and therefore they don’t call them the same way. It doesn’t make sense to make a distinction between them with the info we have. At least not yet.

Your logic is completely backwards here. The fact that we have nothing connecting the two but pure speculation means we should be making a distinction until actual evidence is given. I'm sorry, but everything you're saying is nothing but your personal head-canon. It is nothing but pure speculation on your part with no facts to back it up. There's nothing wrong with having a head-canon, but you shouldn't try passing it off as fact, especially as an obvious fact.

Or maybe they just wanted their living weapon to be based off of the most powerful Pokemon to ever live. That would make for a pretty good Beast Killer regardless of Arceus' relation to the Ultra Beasts.

That really isn't true. The only cross-generational stories we've ever gotten outside of remakes is Looker and parallel universes. Beyond that, we have nothing but a loose assortment of cameos and easter eggs.

I'm honestly expecting them to clear up the differences between all these dimensions, because it's getting a little silly lol. One of these professors studying UltraSpace should hopefully know about Sinnoh Lore too, and thus they should, even if quickly and vaguely, explain how UltraSpace differs from other dimensions.

What really needs to be cleared up though? We have an assortment of different dimensions, each with their own inhabitants. What more needs to be explained? There doesn't necessarily need to be anything that makes Ultra Space any different from the other dimensions, all that matters is it is a separate dimension.

It also mentions other non-Sinnoh Pokemon with dimensional-related abilities, as well as the Inter-Dream Zone from the Dream Radar game from Gen V. The fact that you see mostly Sinnoh Pokemon mentioned is purely because Sinnoh had the most dimensional-related Pokemon due to its nature.

Also, this is random, but in looking around at information about the Dimensional Research Lab just now, I found out that Professor Burnett is the same character from Dream Radar. Never knew that before. Extremely strange.

future.newyorker

I can begin to understand why you would say Gen VII is connected to Gen IV, but Gen II? What? Why?

Even if we ignore the rampant speculative nature of that remark, there's still a problem with that suggestion. Ultra Beast isn't just a mythological concept, it's also a modern-day scientific classification. If Arceus and the Sinnoh Trio fit into the classification of an Ultra Beasts, they would be acknowledged as such, at least ambiguously like Lunala, Solgaleo, and Necrozma. There's also the fact that even if we want to assume they all originate from the their dimensions, they're all separate dimensions entirely. And if they're separate to each other, than there's no way they can all come from Ultra Space. Ultra Beasts are not Pokemon from other dimensions, they're Pokemon that come from Ultra Space specifically.

Your logic is completely backwards here. The fact that we have nothing connecting the two but pure speculation means we should be making a distinction until actual evidence is given. I'm sorry, but everything you're saying is nothing but your personal head-canon. It is nothing but pure speculation on your part with no facts to back it up. There's nothing wrong with having a head-canon, but you shouldn't try passing it off as fact, especially as an obvious fact.

Or maybe they just wanted their living weapon to be based off of the most powerful Pokemon to ever live. That would make for a pretty good Beast Killer regardless of Arceus' relation to the Ultra Beasts.

That really isn't true. The only cross-generational stories we've ever gotten outside of remakes is Looker and parallel universes. Beyond that, we have nothing but a loose assortment of cameos and easter eggs.

What really needs to be cleared up though? We have an assortment of different dimensions, each with their own inhabitants. What more needs to be explained? There doesn't necessarily need to be anything that makes Ultra Space any different from the other dimensions, all that matters is it is a separate dimension.

It also mentions other non-Sinnoh Pokemon with dimensional-related abilities, as well as the Inter-Dream Zone from the Dream Radar game from Gen V. The fact that you see mostly Sinnoh Pokemon mentioned is purely because Sinnoh had the most dimensional-related Pokemon due to its nature.

Also, this is random, but in looking around at information about the Dimensional Research Lab just now, I found out that Professor Burnett is the same character from Dream Radar. Never knew that before. Extremely strange.

And the woman from Pokémon Bank is the same one from Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
And the woman from Pokémon Bank is the same one from Pokémon Box: Ruby and Sapphire.

I did know that. Not really much of a surprise though, seeing as those are both just storage games. Bank is essentially a sequel to Box. It's much weirder having the one and only character from a pseudo-spin-off/side game (not even sure what to call it) appear as an important character in a main game.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Nothing needs to be explained, and I totally didn't realize that they were all Sinnoh pokemon mentioned also, I was more focusing on Palkia and Girantina and I want to know if they have access to UltraSpace or not and how their worlds/dimensions line up with UltraSpace. But yes, nothing needs to be explained as they have a habit of just letting things be in the pokemon world with an "anything is possible" kind of attitude.

I personally don't like UltraSpace and all the UB's, and that's mainly why I want more explanations though. I would like them to fit into a puzzle of sorts, so I'm hoping everything gets cleared up in these games and helps us put it altogether. I don't consider them Pokemon yet and a bunch of one-stage "pokemon-like" creatures are not what I consider exciting... BUT I never doubt that Pokemon will make it all work.

Everything12

We have no idea what Necrozma's motives are, maybe he's more powerful than Arceus???

Doubt its that strong, at the moment I think Necrozma's motive is to absorb Lunala/Solgaleo to gain the power to eat the light of the world, which is funny because that would destroy the worlds food chain and Ultra Beasts are based on invasive species, and the ability to create Ultra Wormholes to travel between worlds. This will eventually lead to it changing into its third form once it's eaten enough light.

knightwolf09

Guys, I think I figured out UB Burst's main strategy. Burst's description says it absorbs vitality, so what if it can learn Drain moves? Basicallly it uses Mind Blown, halves it's health, if it kills a pokemon it's stat raises, uses Drain move, brings back up health, and repeat.

How do we know how much space it has, they haven't released a demo yet!