• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Class! VS Elite Four Drasna! (1193)

That battle in this episode was definition of Plot armor because Writers keep saying that Ash could not lose.

I wish that was the case of Ash losing this battle here but *Sighs* good riddance... I Just want a good writing for PM2019 but I Guess it's too late to do a Good Writing for PM2019.

Psajdak

I was actually going to ask who voiced her cause it definitely fit.

what are some of her other known roles?
While she had a number of other roles, she is most known for Lum from Urusei Yatsura, and while one famous role may not seem as much, Lum is simply super iconic anime girl, especially in Japan.

Fumi Hirano is also one of the voices of Eucliwood Hellscythe from Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? who was more or less popular in 2010s.

Kinda similar to how Rika Matsumoto is mostly known for voicing Ash, that is Satoshi, or David Hayter is known for Snakes in Metal Gear, despite the fact that their work is more than only those roles.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
While she had a number of other roles, she is most known for Lum from Urusei Yatsura, and while one famous role may not seem as much, Lum is simply super iconic anime girl, especially in Japan.

Fumi Hirano is also one of the voices of Eucliwood Hellscythe from Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? who was more or less popular in 2010s.

Kinda similar to how Rika Matsumoto is mostly known for voicing Ash, that is Satoshi, or David Hayter is known for Snakes in Metal Gear, despite the fact that their work is more than only those roles.

cool details thanks for the information

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Then there's VA's like Takehito Koyasu who despite having multiple amazing roles, is ultimately associated with one role by the fandom cause the meme power is too much.

Psajdak

Then there's VA's like Takehito Koyasu who despite having multiple amazing roles, is ultimately associated with one role by the fandom cause the meme power is too much.
Situation with Koyasu is even crazier.

He was arguably the biggest male seiyu of 90s, and even years before his Dio role he had more roles than any other voice actor in Japan, a lot of them either leading, or very important supporting ones.

LucasMV

It’s kinda funny how Ash went from ridiculously losing every league to being almost invincible within 2 seasons

It’s almost as if the writers felt bad for him and just decided to go ham lol
Which just makes Ash losing in the Kalos league even worse. Because it's like they realized that they should've let him win, that Ash didn't need to always lose to keep going. And now they're going overboard with it. I'm fine with it and he deserves it after 25 years, but they could've handled it better.

TheNewGuy

The Kalos league was the worst decision they'd made since...uh, the previous league, where he actually regressed from SF to QF, and lost 5-on-6 to an idiot (outrageous, and their worst decision to date). Kalos is a very, very close number 2. So IMO, they've got a lot to do to make up for those two disasters. I feel like when he won Alola that was payback for subjecting me to what happened in the final with Alain, but I have not not yet paid back for Unova; however, GOAshT is coming close to making up for it.

I'm ultimately more interested in the bottom line here - Ash winning loads of matches against very credible opponents like Elite Fours. That's what they should be giving me, again, and again, and again, and again, and again.

Given the choice, I'd prefer Ash wins and every battle is absolutely terrific and has like, Ash/Sawyer levels of animation and execution (Ash/Paul is untouchable as the best battle in the show's history, as it requires years of buildup and characterization that Journeys simply can't match with the time remaining, but there's no doubting that Ash/Sawyer looked and felt incredible in a vacuum).

However, since that's not quite happening - there's been some good battles in JN but nothing to match Ash/Sawyer yet - I guess there's two choices left:

-Ash wins, battles are mediocre and could be better
-Ash loses like always, but at least the battles are amazing

I will always take option 1. I totally respect people who disagree, but to me the scoreboard is what counts here. That's why I guess I'm not that pissed about this battle, because in the end Ash beat an Elite 4, and that's great to me - every win like that is a step towards the writers redeeming themselves for Unova and Kalos.

Pokemonfan5

It’s kinda funny how Ash went from ridiculously losing every league to being almost invincible within 2 seasons

It’s almost as if the writers felt bad for him and just decided to go ham lol
Last three series done more justice to Ash's character imo, from OS-BW Ash was always portrayed as underdog and sometime forced to lose battles so many times for story to work even when his lose make no sense

But XY and SM did great job to showcase Ash as highly skilled trainer not some underdog, JN has some problem with execution but it's giving Ash what he deserve, he is now on continuous winning streak and battling best trainers around the world

Last edited:

Starswirl Pikachu

This match was Altaria's time to shine! While it did not show anything ground breaking, we did get to see it Mega evolve so that's something. The audience cannot see the pokemons remaining hit points but it appeared that the margin to win here was very slim, even with combatants passing out afterward. Ash's team won but they took a royal thrashing in the process.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This match was Altaria's time to shine! While it did not show anything ground breaking, we did get to see it Mega evolve so that's something. The audience cannot see the pokemons remaining hit points but it appeared that the margin to win here was very slim, even with combatants passing out afterward. Ash's team won but they took a royal thrashing in the process.

again it's not much different from how most of his fights in the AG saga were handled, with his pokemon getting beaten within an inch of their lives most of the time in important fights and somehow winning by only doing minimal damage in return.

if someone liked AG they can't say they hated this fight because it plays out in the same style as fights from that saga did.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
again it's not much different from how most of his fights in the AG saga were handled, with his pokemon getting beaten within an inch of their lives most of the time in important fights and somehow winning by only doing minimal damage in return.

if someone liked AG they can't say they hated this fight because it plays out in the same style as fights from that saga did.
Do you really have to mention AG every time someone comments about this episode even if they don’t mention it? You also can’t say what someone can or can’t like based on other things.