• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra games the best for us?

Hi guys!
I have a couple of questions about pokemon main series games in general.
I'm not new to it, I'm 28 years old and was a kid back when the real thing started :D
But from like 2000 on I didn't play at all.
It was last year when I got ultra sun.
So all the "rules", restrictions and all that between every game, I have 0 clue.

To my main question. I want to play everything on a 3ds with a friend. (HG/SS, ORAS, Diamond/Perl, B/W, X/Y, & Sun/Moon).
Before we make that investment, we want to be sure that everything we have in mind is working.
How about pokemon home? Is it possible to switch pokemon around from game to game without any limits? For example, can I transfer from ORAS to HG and then from HG to X for example and maybe even back to ORAS?
The fighting!? Is there a "free" mode in every game where you can use all pokemon you want.............?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You can only transfer Pokémon with other games and back in games from the same Gen but only transfer Pokémon one way when doing it with games from a different Gen. You can transfer Pokémon from HG to DPPt and back but can only transfer Pokémon to BW/BW2 one way. ORAS can interact with XY but you can’t send a Pikipek from SM to ORAS.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Not everything. Some Pokémon can't be transferred to Sun or Moon, like some of the totem sized Pokémon from ultra sun and ultra moon, Zeraora, Stakataka, Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, and cosplay Pikachu all can't enter Sun or Moon. Dusk Lycanroc and Rockruff with Own Tempo also can't go to Sun or Moon.

Not everything. Some Pokémon can't be transferred to Sun or Moon, like some of the totem sized Pokémon from ultra sun and ultra moon, Zeraora, Stakataka, Poipole, Naganadel, Blacephalon, and cosplay Pikachu all can't enter Sun or Moon. Dusk Lycanroc and Rockruff with Own Tempo also can't go to Sun or Moon.
Speaking of the ultra games of course.
We ask ourself if every regular mon can be put in there.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Nope, not everything can go to ultra sun and ultra moon. Some of the pokémon from the virtual consoles can't go there, Cosplay Pikachu can't go there, and probably some other things I'm forgetting.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Cosplay Pikachu is from ORAS. And some of the totem pokémon from usum can't transfer through Bank to other usum games because bank blocks them, like Togedemaru and Ribombee, they can still be traded through link trade or GTS between ultra games but not through bank.

Cosplay Pikachu is from ORAS. And some of the totem pokémon from usum can't transfer through Bank to other usum games because bank blocks them, like Togedemaru and Ribombee, they can still be traded through link trade or GTS between ultra games but not through bank.

How about the fighting?
Is there a free mode without limitations in each game? And also is every game from HG/SS and newer still playable online?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Gen 6 and Gen 7 games are still playable online, with limitations (no PGL, ranked battles, friendly competitions, QR code teams, or viewable GTS history). You can play online without limitations in those games on the free battle spot and through link battles, and trade through wonder trade, link trade, or GTS. Gen 4 and gen 5 are not playable online anymore.

Gen 6 and Gen 7 games are still playable online, with limitations (no PGL, ranked battles, friendly competitions, QR code teams, or viewable GTS history). You can play online without limitations in those games on the free battle spot and through link battles, and trade through wonder trade, link trade, or GTS. Gen 4 and gen 5 are not playable online anymore.

Thanks a lot!!