• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Ultra Sun

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • Pokemon Ultra Moon

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Both Versions

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Picking up Ultra Sun or do you like Ultra Moon? Buying both?
Going physical or digital?
Already decided or still unconvinced?

Discuss the reasons for your decisions here.

I was previously pre-ordering Ultra Moon from Amazon, but then I switched it to Ultra Sun.

Why?

Zossie. When I discovered that she would be more prevalent in Ultra Sun than Ultra Moon, I switched my order. Now I know there's barely info on her, but when it said on the official website that the story would be told differently depending on whether Dulce and Zossie or Soliera and Phyco were in your version, I instantly became interested in what the story of Ultra Megalopolis would be from the POV of a child like Zossie. My interpretation of the phrase could be not what they were going for, but I knew that I'd regret not pre-ordering it until the release date if I didn't do this based off my hunch. Plus, Zossie is just the cutest and I want to see so much more of her!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm going to be getting both, but I will be starting with Ultra Moon because my relative wants to play Ultra Sun. Since I was going to be getting both anyway, I decided I would first play through the opposite of which one my relative chose.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
I always tend to get both versions, and that probably won't be changing here. Sun was my main Gen VII game where I kept all my 'mons while I faffed around in Moon (the time difference was a major factor in that). It will likely be the same: Ultra Sun is main file, Ultra Moon is used to fool around and constantly do new playthroughs.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
The biggest question of all time, the red pill or the blue pill?

Why didn't I pick the blue pill?

In this case, the Necrozma Lunala mix looks just a little more characteristic, but really it's pulling teeth. One thing's certain, if Burst and Assembly are cart specific, I'm going with whichever Burst's in.

That's worth loosing your head over.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I think I’ll go with Ultra Moon.

1) When B2W2 came out, I decided to pick White 2 despite having played Black initially. This allowed to experiment both in terms of exclusive content, as well as see the story unfold through slightly different events. I want to do the same here with Ultra Moon, which I consider more like B2W2 than Emerald or Platinum. Plus, I am trying to establish a headcanon in which the ultra versions are sequels to the first versions, so having a different legendary this time around makes more sense from that perspective.

2) So far I seem to prefer the UBs in Moon/Ultra Moon than Sun/Ultra Sun. And since UBs seem to have a bigger role in the ultra versions, I’m picking Moon this time. Also, I pefer Necrozma’s Wings of Dawn form rather than the other.

Really, the only thing that makes me really hesitate is the prevalence Ultra Reckon Squad members. Nerdy McNerdface said it all: Zossie appears to have the most interesting perspectives and it’s a shame she’s more focused on in US. Nonetheless, she should appear in UM as well, which is why I am sticking with it for now.

Last edited:

Sulfurian

I'm going for ultra sun. After oras I really don't see the need to get both versions of the game (even if this one has brand new exclusives but I'll make do with trading) the main thing that caught my eye in the trailer is how solgeleo makes this awesome path for itself as it travels, while lunala is kinda generic to me. It has wings, it flies, yay.

M.P.

Retired
Final decision depends on the exclusives, but now I'm thinking I'm going for Ultra Sun. I picked Moon last time, but I slightly prefer Dusk Mane Solgaleo.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Will get both as always, and in retail as usual. What I haven't decided yet is whether to get the Steelbook or the Dual Pack Editions, since while the Steelbooks are amazing from the outside, I don't like the inside much, and vice versa for the Dual Pack Edition. Will need to find a solution soon.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I'll get both versions since that's what I always do.

Ultra Sun will be my main version of the two. That way, my main Gen VII games will be Sun & Ultra Sun. I just like the idea of having two "matching" versions as my mains, like I did with White & White 2 in Gen V. Plus, my sister's indicated that she's going to get Ultra Moon, and she likes it when my main version is the opposite of hers.

I plan to play through Ultra Moon first, though, like I did with Moon last year.

I pre-ordered Ultra Moon, just for it to be the "opposite" of Sun I picked as my last game. I don't really mind exclusives and that, as it's super easy to get some in trades nowadays.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Both as I always do. Will be playing Ultra Moon as my main game though and have Ultra Sun for playing through the story repeatedly when I feel like it, like I do with Sun.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Since Sun was my first Gen 7 game, I'm going with Ultra Sun. After I complete the main story, I might transfer some of my 'mons over from the original Sun. I wonder if they'll finally get a National Pokédex mode in US/UM, since S/M didn't have one.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm planning to go with Ultra Sun, I also have the Sun version and I prefer the exclusives in Sun over Moon, but I don't think it'll make much difference.

Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Sun, as much as I like night time I prefer going on my journey during the day. Besides, I'm more interested in Zossie. How often do kids join teams and stay with them? Besides, I think Zossie will have the most interesting story.

Aetius

I'll get both of them, like I always do.
I'll probably play US though, for the simple reason that I played Moon before and that there are characters and Pokèmon that otherwise I wouldn't see in UM.

Nyaheat

Teravolt
I plan on getting both games, per usual.
Though, I'm still unsure on which game to play through first. I like everything about both games - liking certain aspects more than the others - and as someone who'd rather have one main save per game, this is a rather difficult decision for me to make. I'll likely go for Ultra Moon if they plan on bringing version exclusive clothing/colours back.

ebevan91

I'm voting Ultra Moon but I'm not 100% sure yet.

I have Sun only. If I get Ultra Moon it'll mainly be so I can get a Lunala without trading with someone else. If Ultra Sun still has all of the version exclusives from Sun, I'll get Ultra Moon so I can get Moon's version exclusives. For example, Vulpix is a Sun/Ultra Sun exclusive while Sandshrew is a Moon/Ultra Moon exclusive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.