• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Ultra Sun

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • Pokemon Ultra Moon

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Both Versions

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Getting Ultra Sun to stay with my faith in Pokémon Sun. This is because I would still like to get Alolan Vulpix in game and some of my favourite Legendaries Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran and Xerneas mostly for competitive purposes.

Ajduk

Bought moon last time so this time I'm buying ultra sun.
Besides, I've bought AS version so now I will get the legendary pokemon that I've missed the last time.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Got a physical copy of Sun and a digital copy of Moon the first go round but traded Sun in. Now getting a physical copy of Ultra Sun to complement my digital copy of Moon, but most likely not trading this one in.

Also I’ve got Y digital so my menu screen will have some Spanish flair to it: “Ultra Sun y Moon” :)

Glad to be able to get Alola Vulpix and Ninetales, UB Burst, Groudon and Xenreas. But hoping to trade for Totem Salazzle.

Last edited:

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
I am picking up both versions, and like always, going with physical editions.

I've got a complete collection of physical editions of every Pokemon game (main series, only) released to date.

Missingno.Fan

Actually I'm getting Ultra Sun now. I was going to get Ultra Moon, but that's what my brother got and I don't want to copy him.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
I bought Ultra Sun. Last year I got Moon version, and I wanted to experience the other side of the game (easier to complete the 'dex now etc).

B. Thunder Tiger

At first, at the announcement of the games, I intended to get Ultra Moon, especially when I had the original Sun to begin with. However, as time passed and it became evident that USUM was a third version rather than a sequel like BW2, I started to deviate back to Ultra Sun, becoming fully prominent after seeing the exclusives for Ultra Sun and Moon. In addition, Dusk Mane Necrozma was better looking asthetic wise than Dawn Wings, which looked neat box art-wise, but in design wise, I felt Dawn Wings was ruined by how some of the armor was placed on it, especially the "tail" part which was just slapped onto Lunala's back. It was literally Lunala being sandwiched between the parts of Necrozma, and that didn't look very appealing in my eyes.

That and the box art of Ultra Sun, even though Dusk Mane didn't look as epic as Dawn Wings, was more appealing to me with the orange-red, black, yellow and gold colors used. More I owned Alpha Sapphire too, so I wanted a contrasting version to begin with, and Ultra Moon didn't give me that feeling.

In addition, I didn't play the original Sun much at all, nor finished it due to the existence of these games, so through this fact alone and from my personal opinions above, this finalized my decision to get Ultra Sun instead. By exchanging some old non-sellable games along with the original Sun at my local gamestore for store credit worth around 27 euros, I ultimately got my Ultra Sun copy for nothing less than 18 euros. I may get Ultra Moon later down the line maybe, not sure.

Last edited:

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I got a physical copy of Ultra Sun. :)

c1234

Trainer Since '98
At first, at the announcement of the games, I intended to get Ultra Moon, especially when I had the original Sun to begin with. However, as time passed and it became evident that USUM was a third version rather than a sequel like BW2, I started to deviate back to Ultra Sun, becoming fully prominent after seeing the exclusives for Ultra Sun and Moon. In addition, Dusk Mane Necrozma was better looking asthetic wise than Dawn Wings, which looked neat box art-wise, but in design wise, I felt Dawn Wings was ruined by how some of the armor was placed on it, especially the "tail" part which was just slapped onto Lunala's back. It was literally Lunala being sandwiched between the parts of Necrozma, and that didn't look very appealing in my eyes.

That and the box art of Ultra Sun, even though Dusk Mane didn't look as epic as Dawn Wings, was more appealing to me with the orange-red, black, yellow and gold colors used. More I owned Alpha Sapphire too, so I wanted a contrasting version to begin with, and Ultra Moon didn't give me that feeling.

In addition, I didn't play the original Sun much at all, nor finished it due to the existence of these games, so through this fact alone and from my personal opinions above, this finalized my decision to get Ultra Sun instead. By exchanging some old non-sellable games along with the original Sun at my local gamestore for store credit worth around 27 euros, I ultimately got my Ultra Sun copy for nothing less than 18 euros. I may get Ultra Moon later down the line maybe, not sure.

I understand the struggle with not completing (for me) Moon version. I completed it the weekend before USUM came out. I'm glad I did though, because when Pokemon Bank came out for USUM I was able to transfer over the older Pokemon and my 'dex stands at around 81% right now.

I hope you persevere and actually finish this game!

B. Thunder Tiger

I understand the struggle with not completing (for me) Moon version. I completed it the weekend before USUM came out. I'm glad I did though, because when Pokemon Bank came out for USUM I was able to transfer over the older Pokemon and my 'dex stands at around 81% right now.

I hope you persevere and actually finish this game!

Thanks man. No problem. I intend to finish Ultra Sun this time ahead, seeing its the improved version of Sun. I just didn't finish the original Sun not just because of USUM, but also because I rarely played the game since I got it as a gift at Christmas last year due to other games and real life commitments taking my attention. That and I was still just at the beginning of the game, so I ultimately decided to not finish the game in favor for its improved version.

Its a good thing I can trade online with people now as my original DS didn't support my internet way back then, resorting me to using cheats to get most of the Mythicals in the Gen 4 times.

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
Been a long time since I posted anything.. Nostalgia hits me as I am looking back at this forum again. Anyway, I got both version and I started on Ultra Sun first this time since I played Moon version previously. My brother and I have been playing opposite versions to each other since Red and Blue!

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
These would be the first set of games I'm willingly passing up

If I get the urge to play them in the future then I might get USun (prefer the version exclusives in Moon overall but not a fan of the inverted clock)

Last edited:
Well, I WAS going to get US, but then I changed my mind last-minute because I wanted to play as the girl, and I wanted easier access to pink clothes for her. Also, some of the UM version exclusives were more appealing to me than the US ones were, so that was also a factor in my decision.

skymessenger

I got my Ultra Sun already, back on release day. Mostly since I love Solgaleo but also version exclusives.
Though I sometimes am tempted to pick up an Ultra Moon for shiny hunts in the wormholes (legend exclusives, ya know)

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
i got both sun and moon, but after playing both i don't have the energy to sit through another cumulative 20 hours of text box mashing TWO times, so I only went with Ultra Moon. Plus, it's so easy with the way the UB are distributed to get dupes and trade for exclusives... I actually like how they did that. Makes it feel less demanding to buy both.
the only reason i'd get US is for the legendaries that you can now shiny hunt super easily, apparently. But i won't be ready to sit through this story for another 2 or 3 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.