• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon? Which version are you getting?

Which version are you getting?

• Pokemon Ultra Sun

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • Pokemon Ultra Moon

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • Both Versions

Votes: 60 39.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
I'll be getting Moon, for pretty similar reasons to everyone else. I infinitely prefer Assembly over Burst, despite the typing, and I'm sure Assembly will see some usage from me. Also, I prefer Celesteela and Pheromosa over Kartana and Buzzwole, if those two are still exclusive to Moon. That brings me on to my second point; I chose Moon to start with, so I might as well follow the trend. I think that Dawn Wings Necrozma looks better than Dusk Mane, but mostly because of the colour scheme and look of absolute superiority it has on its face. Finally, and I think this is against the majority, but I actually happen to prefer Phyco and Soliera over Zossie and Dulce. I'm intrigued to see as to how they affect the storyline; they seem to have a higher amount of professionalism.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
I'm getting both in Japanese a la the Pokemon Center exclusive double-pack, complete with collectible Mane of Dusk and Wings of Dawn figures and limited edition art book. I bought the same double-pack for Sun and Moon, and the bundle did not disappoint. That means two times the Dusk Form Lycanrocs as well (no shiny Silvallys, though). It'll also enable me to play as both the male and the female protagonists--I'm thinking of switching it up this time and going with the boy in Ultra Moon and the girl in Ultra Sun. I'm actually interested in all the URS members, but I like Dulce and Phyco more than Soliera and Zossie, so it evens out. I don't feel any which way about UB Burst or UB Assembly, but I prefer UB Burst's typing.

If however I had to choose one version, or one to "main", it'd be Ultra Sun. I like Dulce, UB Burst, Mane of Dusk, and the version exclusives more than their Ultra Moon counterparts.

Last edited:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Getting Ultra Moon since I got Sun originally. I also think Necrozma Lunala looks really cool, and I didn't really get to play with Lunala.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Pokemon Ultra Moon, since I like things lunar and nocturnal. It's why I picked Pokemon Moon.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
I'm a bit confused as to how it works. It seems to me that since I got Sun, I should now get UltraMoon for Lunala and other exclusives, but I've seen people reasoning that since they got Sun, they should get UltraSun. As far as I'm aware this isn't a BW2 situation where Black 2 was actually the one you had to get after Black, or does anyone recon it is?

future.newyorker

I'm a bit confused as to how it works. It seems to me that since I got Sun, I should now get UltraMoon for Lunala and other exclusives, but I've seen people reasoning that since they got Sun, they should get UltraSun. As far as I'm aware this isn't a BW2 situation where Black 2 was actually the one you had to get after Black, or does anyone recon it is?

No, it is most certainly not. These are in no way sequels, but rather alternate stories within a different universe than SM took place in. It really is just a matter of preference. I, personally, played through Sun originally, and still prefer all of the exclusive things from Ultra Sun, so I will be playing through that one again. And then I'll play through Ultra Moon after that.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I am likely going with Ultra Sun since I like the design of Dusk Mane Necrozma better than its Dawn Wings Forme. Also it is the version that the Houndoom line will be exclusive to which I would like to use on my team if it does not come too late into the game.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I’m going to get physical copies of both. I have a physical copy of every main game from Red/Blue up to Sun/Moon also including a copy of Green. Need to keep the collection full. I played Sun but I think I might go for Ultra Moon. Having an opportunity to put Mega Manectric in my IGT sounds better than Mega Houndoom. A silly reason to pick a game but, hey, it’s my reason.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm getting both games, but Ultra Sun first and it'll be my main game solely so I don't have to deal with the day/night being reversed crap. Mostly cause I aim to actually use a Riolu in my main play through this time, if Bank isn't useable I'll find something to toss in the GTS to quickly get one. And I don't want to be unable to evolve it cause it's too early, I'm grabbing a midnight release.... if they do that here.

xenlock

Will be getting both. But Ultra Moon will be my main game since I picked Sun in the non-ultra version. Then Ultra Sun will be my restart game.

Ultra Moon because i prefer Dawn Wings Necrozma form. (funnily enough, i prefer Solgaleo when it comes to original forms)

i_zay

I originally wasn't going to get these games because I thought they would be pretty much the same as Sun and Moon but that last trailer definitely sold me. I will probably end of going with ultra moon for a couple of reasons:
1. I bought Pokemon Sun originally so I want to try Moon this time plus I can transfer over exclusives like Alolan Ninetails and my Solgaleo over to Ultra Moon.
2. New version exclusives. I like UB Assembly better than UB Burst, and I like Phyco and Soliera better than Dulse and Zossie, plus I want to be able to catch Manectric rather than Houndoom.

scififan21

I'll get both like last time, but the steel books are sold out on amazon which sucks. :(

.Aerodactyl.

I had Sun and I'm going to get Ultra Sun. I know it makes more sense to get Ultra Moon, but I'm a stickler and want to stick with the one I had. I'm weird like that. Plus, it means the clock matches my play time, and I can ways trade for the version exclusives

Sessian

I'll get Ultra Sun first. That will only be the third main series game that lets you get the Houndour line in standard grass before the postgame. I think HGSS lets you get it in the Safari Zone, but it's ridiculously obtuse.

shadowF

I am having hard time choosing which version I want to get right now. I got Pokemon Sun so I initially wanted to get Pokemon Ultra Moon but now that I am hearing about some of the exclusives for Pokemon Ultra Sun it is getting hard to choose. I like Dawn Wings Necrozma better than Dusk mane Necrozma, while UB Assembly has a horrible typing which is leading me to UB Burst. Also Dusk form Lycanroc for Pokemon Ultra Sun has Fire Fang while Pokemon Ultra Moon has Thunder Fang which is not as good as Fire Fang Dusk Lycanroc and in terms of characters I think both versions have cool characters. In short Ultra Sun has better typing for their version exclusive Ultra Beast and a better move for Dusk form Lycanroc. Meanwhile Ultra Moon has a cooler appearance for their Legendary while also being a game that I have not played yet so it would have some exclusives I don't have.

I really hope we get to hear more about exclusives in coming weeks and I do hope some of those exclusives that I would like are for Ultra Moon since I really want Ultra Moon to succeed since I already have Sun and would like to play an opposite version of a game I don't have. Perhaps another pair of Ultra Beasts will be revealed and the Ultra Moon Ultra Beast is much cooler? Otherwise right now Ultra Sun has the better exclusives and I might get that in the end. I don't know which version I want but right now things are looking grim for Ultra Moon even though I want it to win in the end.

Hopefully Ultra Moon wins :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.