• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If Lillie is going to beat Ash at the League she better start catching pronto. Come on Jigglypuff, Lillie needs you, lol.

Imagine if she actually catches it lol

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I agree, mostly because people like you will never stop bringing it up.

You must have me confused with someone else. I'm the Sinnoh League hater.

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
What would be really awesome is if Lillie actually catches Nebby and uses it to battle.

SinnohEevee

Lillie beats Ash with Nebby (Solgaleo and Lunala are very powerful Legendaries) and the executives drink the fans' delicious tears.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Lillie beats Ash with Nebby (Solgaleo and Lunala are very powerful Legendaries) and the executives drink the fans' delicious tears.

No, she'll beat him with Nebby...as a Cosmog.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
From the new poster, it seems usum will be more serious than SM, so who knows? It may also bring some of that seriousness to the anime

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
As always, the people wanting Lillie to be Ash are Ash haters in the first place. What a surprise.

Having a travel companion being a rival would be an interesting concept.

Only if it was Kiawe.
He's already been established as a great battler and the strongest of the group apart from Ash.
We've still never seen them actually fight either.
Plus his team is half done, if Charizard counts. Both Turtonator and Marowak are pretty strong.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Ash is definitely going to continue to stay on as protagonist in Gen 8 anyway, so it doesn't matter how he'll lose this time in Alola. Infact, I wouldn't mind Lillie beating Ash, since it'll only give me even more of a reason to hate her more on top of my current dislike for her. And I'm laughing at all the people who dislike Ash and love Lillie want her to beat Ash, only to not realise that their beloved Lillie would end up becoming one of the most hated characters as a result.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Just speculating here, but it would be awesome if the Alola League was a bunch of battle royals (hoping those get more prominence in USUM). First of all, it would explain why the Akala Arc neglected to show those when it happened. Second of all, it would allow for Ash vs Gladion vs Lillie vs Kiawe all at the same time (since those four are either or going to be the established battlers of this series) with the high stakes.

Then again, that would mean we don't get a Masked Royal unless they want to go PokeSpe on us and have Kukui enter as well.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Ash is definitely going to continue to stay on as protagonist in Gen 8 anyway, so it doesn't matter how he'll lose this time in Alola. Infact, I wouldn't mind Lillie beating Ash, since it'll only give me even more of a reason to hate her more on top of my current dislike for her. And I'm laughing at all the people who dislike Ash and love Lillie want her to beat Ash, only to not realise that their beloved Lillie would end up becoming one of the most hated characters as a result.

Only immature fans will hate on Lillie, just like they did on Iris for beating Ash. Honestly the attachment to a fictional 10 year old boy is unhealthy man. If Lillie beats Ash, it will be because she was simply stronger/had more skills. I didn't see anyone crying about Sawyer beating Ash and almost beating him in the Kalos League despite being a novice. Just goes to show the irony I guess. Also liking Lillie=/=hating Ash. Just because someone isn't up Ash's butt 24/7 doesn't mean anyone dislikes him. I suppose you dislike Alain for beating Ash?

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
It's fascinating how in the mind of an Ash fanboy wanting Ash to lose = hating Ash.

Amazing. Spectacular logic. Simply flawless.

Just shows you some people aren't capable of thinking rationally.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Only immature fans will hate on Lillie, just like they did for Iris for beating Ash. Honestly the attachment to a fictional 10 year old boy is unhealthy man. If Lillie beats Ash, it will be because she was simply stronger/had more skills. I didn't see anyone b*tching about Sawyer beating Ash and almost beating him in the Kalos League despite being a novice. Just goes to show the hypocrisy.

There are TONS of people here who dislike Sawyer here because of his extremely fast paced growth as a trainer, from a novice to eventually coming very close to Ash. So no, there's no hypocrisy here. Similarly, Lillie being a novice trainer and beating Ash would be the stupidest thing possible.

It's fascinating how in the mind of an Ash fanboy wanting Ash to lose = hating Ash.

Amazing. Spectacular logic. Simply flawless.

Just shows you some people aren't capable of thinking rationally.

Seriously, you should be the last person of accusing people of not thinking rationally, given how you seem to take every issue or opinion of people so personally, that you end up attacking the people themselves.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Or perhaps there is no League, and Ash just graduates from school. They have a ceremonial battle and that's it. Ash gets a diploma, he says goodbye to his Alola friends and heads home. And then he decides that he misses Gym battles and Leagues, so he goes off on another journey to the 8th Generation.

I think the show runners are very wary of doing another League after Kalos. Nothing can top that League, and they have completely exhausted all hype for any future League after XY&Z. In fact, I think the Pokémon School and Island Challenges is an excuse for them not to have Ash do another Pokémon League. Previous series made it a requirement because... what else would Ash use the Gym Badges for if he's not going to the League?

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
There are TONS of people here who dislike Sawyer here because of his extremely fast paced growth as a trainer, from a novice to eventually coming very close to Ash. So no, there's no hypocrisy here. Similarly, Lillie being a novice trainer and beating Ash would be the stupidest thing possible.

And what unhealthy obsession? That's what all the Ash haters call the people who root for him. I can also say the dislike and hatred towards a fictional 10 year old is even more unhealthy.

I wasn't talking about you exactly, but I think we both can agree a lot of people are little TOO invested in Ash. And I barely notice Sawyer hate in fact he's called a "developed good rival". So you're saying if Lillie trains hard, catches good Pokémon and takes down the AF between now and the leage it's unrealistic? There's a difference between rooting for Ash and hating anyone who beats him. I like Iris, so was I supoose to start hating Clair and Drayden after her loss?

Shadao

I wasn't talking about exactly, but I think we both can agree a lot of people are little TOO invested in Ash. And I barely Sawyer hate in fact he's called a "developed good rival". So you're saying if Lillie trains hard, catches good Pokémon and takes down the AF between now and the leage it's unrealistic. There's a difference between rooting for Ash and hating anyone who beats him. I like Iris, so was I supoose to start hating Clair and Drayden?

In terms of idolization and too much investment into Ash, that has something to do with the fact that Ash is treated as the same character since OS. Different incarnations are one thing, but a long-running ficitional character can create long-term attachments... and look no further than Spider-Man to see what happens when executives disrespects long-running characters.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
In terms of idolization and too much investment into Ash, that has something to do with the fact that Ash is treated as the same character since OS. Different incarnations are one thing, but a long-running ficitional character can create long-term attachments... and look no further than Spider-Man to see what happens when executives disrespects long-running characters.

You're missing the point, you don't see people hating the Green Goblin for defeating Spiderman.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I wasn't talking about you exactly, but I think we both can agree a lot of people are little TOO invested in Ash. And I barely notice Sawyer hate in fact he's called a "developed good rival". So you're saying if Lillie trains hard, catches good Pokémon and takes down the AF between now and the leage it's unrealistic? There's a difference between rooting for Ash and hating anyone who beats him. I like Iris, so was I supoose to start hating Clair and Drayden after her loss?

Then you've not noticed enough. Majority of the people here in fact do dislike Sawyer for his sudden rapid growth, and it's very few people who praise him. If Lillie trains hard and catches good Pokémon, sure she should be able to push Ash like what Sawyer did, but beating him would be poor. Anyway, I wasn't exactly serious about hating Lillie just for beating Ash. Heck, if I don't hate Alain or Tobias, then I'm sure I won't hate Lillie, but I'll find it extremely poor writing if she does beat Ash.

Last edited:

Shadao

You're missing the point, you don't see people hating the Green Goblin for defeating Spiderman.

I was referring to an infamous comic event known as One More Day. As well as the post-Clone Saga Spiderman series. Ash suffering defeat from adversaries does not invite scorn from the fans, especially if said-defeat helps Ash grow as a trainer. It's only when the adversary doesn't learn his lesson or that Ash doesn't get a chance to overcome him that it becomes a problem.

And imagine if Spider-Man had a rival superhero who got the same superpowers he does, but is learning faster and better than him until he can beat Spider-Man with ease despite being a novice. That will not go well with fans.