• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The datamine of Ultra sun and moon. Should reveal the event Pokemon of movie 21

Marshadow and ash pikachu was revealed in datamine. Let's see no mythical Pokemon left. Let's see

Or there could not be a new event legendary, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one though.
They could always start using gen 8 Pokemon, AG had Lucario and Manaphy movies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Based on the pacing of SM, there's chance that Gen 8 will get released in 2018. If there's no decent post-game thing like a Battle Frontier in USUM, then it's going to be very difficult to fill in another year in the series, especially since the female lead doesn't have a goal and Lillie, Kiawe etc. ending up as leftover characters until Gen 8 with maybe some episodic development.

Now that USUM are confirmed to be the last 3DS games, Gen 8 will definitely coming next. So if there's another "big announcement soon" thing like XY and SM in the beginning of 2018, then we can be sure Gen 7 is going to end soon.

I bet everything and my home that Sinnoh remakes are set up for 2020. They need a gap year either before or after the 8th Gen games so I don't think that 2019 will be the year. Would mean four games straight in four years.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Looking at the pattern of released games by the year( since Platinum), it seems we will get same pattern here;
Platinum 2008
HS/SS 2009
BW 2010
break( 2011)
B2W2 2012
XY 2013
ORAS 2014
break 2015
SM 2016
USUM 2017

So, it seems they're taking the break after releasing 3 games in 3 years.
So likely we will get to see new gen next year on Switch. So by that maybe SM anime will be only 2 years, which is like 100 episodes...
and then we will have a break(2019) and DP remakes in 2020.
Alas second pattern is they release new core game after 3-4 years: DP 2006-BW 2010- XY 2013-SM 2016. So two patterns conflict right now...

Last edited:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I have an honest question. Is there a reason why nobody is suggesting that the main series game that will be released on the switch ARE DP remakes? like why can’t the first main series on the switch be DP? if anything t would make sense that a remake would get the first go on new hardware because they would be able to polish and refine whatever engine they use by the time gen 8 comes around in 2019. ORAS looks tons better than XY and SM look tons better then ORAS so to me it makes sense. Also port PokeBank to switch

Jeal

I have an honest question. Is there a reason why nobody is suggesting that the main series game that will be released on the switch ARE DP remakes? like why can’t the first main series on the switch be DP? if anything t would make sense that a remake would get the first go on new hardware because they would be able to polish and refine whatever engine they use by the time gen 8 comes around in 2019. ORAS looks tons better than XY and SM look tons better then ORAS so to me it makes sense. Also port PokeBank to switch

This will not happen. They will not start a generation with remakes

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
so you’re saying they’re not willing to push the boundaries and call gen 7 cross-platform? DP remakes can be gen 7 and be on the switch tbh

Vipsoccermaster

so you’re saying they’re not willing to push the boundaries and call gen 7 cross-platform? DP remakes can be gen 7 and be on the switch tbh
Still don't see it happening. Like Jeal said, a new generation of Pokémon will never be started with a remake.

Zoruagible

It's on a brand new console. Completely new Pokemon is what would persuade people to go out and buy a Switch, not a remake consisting of Pokemon we can already catch on SM. Not to mention they'll have to come up with a new method of transferring from the 3DS to the Switch, why go through all that effort for remakes?
It'd be like buying a console just to play a HD enhanced version of a game you can play on the system you own, only worth getting if you have the $300 system. As much as I want DP remakes, there is no way in hell I'd buy a Switch just to play that.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
that’s just now how i see it, because people are most likely going to get a switch anyway because gen 8 will come out within the next two years any way you look at it. we’ll see though but i don’t understand how people still feel like game freak actually follows any sort of pattern when it comes to their business model. maybe pre gen 4 but since then they’ve switched it up every generation

ShadowForce720

that’s just now how i see it, because people are most likely going to get a switch anyway because gen 8 will come out within the next two years any way you look at it. we’ll see though but i don’t understand how people still feel like game freak actually follows any sort of pattern when it comes to their business model. maybe pre gen 4 but since then they’ve switched it up every generation

If you trying to say that the first main series pokemon games on the Switch are going to be the D&P remakes then, no it's not going to happen because it doesn't make any sense marketing wise, and if the D&P remakes came out on the Switch before the first gen 8 games then it would be part of gen 7 and not part of gen and it doesn't make any amount of sense to spilt gen 7 main series pokemon games between the 3d's and the Switch. Also you have to keep in mind that since the next main series games are going to be on the Switch GameFreak will want to start it off with a bang by starting a new generation, don't get me wrong yes there is hype behind gen 4 remakes but it does not make any sense to have them as the first main series games on the Switch.

As no matter how much you may try to argue it a brand new generation is always being the first main series games on that console is always going to be more hype then starting the main series games on the next console with a sequel or remake, it's the same reason why X&Y were the first main series pokemon games on the 3d's instead of the first games on there being B2W2 or ORAS.

now we I could see things mixing up some in a way to where in after the first main series gen 8 games we get D&P remakes, and then they surprise us by giving us a sequel or 3rd versions to the gen 8 games to catch us off guard, or I could see us getting the gen 5 remakes in gen 9 while get the gen 4 remakes in gen 8, and who knows since we don't know how long the Switch will last, it's entirely possible that if last longer then we expected and last long enough it could wind up being the first time we get 3 generations on a system with the Switch having gens 8,9, and 10 of course for gen 10 to be on the Switch, it would mean that the Switch would have to have a pretty long life.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Are there really people thinking they would do a remake as the first Switch games?

USUM are the last 3DS games, which means new gen as the first Switch games. You can't deny that. One year and a couple of months at the latest from now on until we hear something from Gen 8.

ashsfuture

tbh gen 4 remakes would be nice to have, but still why remakes for the first main pokemon game for the switch honestly they just need to focus all their time and effort on making sure this game is fully capable of playing on the switch since this is a major turning point for the pokemon gaming franchise. As for the SM anime we still have until 2019 I cannot see the writers ending a series only after 2 years especially considering when we don't really know how much stuff the anime will want to use from USUM aside from the new power ring and dusk lycanroc and Ultra beasts. Besides no need to spend 300 dollars for the switch if you're only going to get one specific game.

The other thing is that there is going to be an actual league in Alola just gonna take some to get it built and requirement to qualify for the league and the league usually happens within the 3rd or 4th year of the series, but there is the idea of Ash being able to go back to other regions while he's still in Alola kinda would be like everything throughout Ash's journey would all come together in one series.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So with the recent interviews it seems like the Ultra Recon squad won't be the big bads and that honor goes to Necrozma https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/77ue9n/new_details_about_usum_interview_with_game_freak/
That's not what Iwao said in that interview (or, rather, in that translation of the interview) at all. He said Necrozma may or may not be evil, depending on the player's perspective. In fact, the only mention of the Ultra Recon Squad was his saying that UB Adhesive accompanies them.

Kazumasa Iwao: It's a great question! Until now, in the Pokémon series, as you said, we never depicted any Pokémon as being necessarily evil. In Necrozma's case, depending on your perspective, you may think it's evil, but in other point of view it may be not. In fact, there is a natural conflict with the characters that appear in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

desdar300

That's not what Iwao said in that interview (or, rather, in that translation of the interview) at all. He said Necrozma may or may not be evil, depending on the player's perspective. In fact, the only mention of the Ultra Recon Squad was his saying that UB Adhesive accompanies them.
Oh I was more referring to another translation where he states that they're trying to stop Necrozma from absorbing Alola's light

Zoruagible

Oh I was more referring to another translation where he states that they're trying to stop Necrozma from absorbing Alola's light

And yet they're chasing a teenage girl while trespassing in her home....
They're meant to be the villain team, there wouldn't be a point of making the version difference of who gets the bigger role otherwise.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
i wonder if that means that somehow necrozma will be like victimized and they end up revealing that the only way for necrozma to survive is to absorb either light itself, or the legendary of whichever game you’re playing.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Yeah.. they said UB adhesive has a different relationship with humans. Maybe we could see one on the main cast!!

DatsRight

Depending on when Pokemon Switch gets released SM could be the shortest series yet.

Christmas 2018 release means likely no more than 100 episodes.
Spring/Summer 2019 release means likely no more than 130 episodes. (Still shorter than BW).
Christmas 2019 release would likely only assure it being as long as BW or XY.