• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I've seen a Speculation saying that Sinnoh Remakes will probably happen in 2019 since remakes have followed an "every five years" rule since FRLG in 2004. I can't see them releasing Gen 8 next year so quickly, so I'd actually say the contrary - we could end up with a four-year Generation.

I hope so. 3 years isn't really enough time for a series it seems since the pacing issues have been worse ever since BW.

dman_dustin

The whole Lycanroc is confusing me.

If we take the speculation that Lycanroc is a Totem Pokemon that would be strange considering that Totem Pokemon usually are represented by the Z-Crystal you get.

IF we are battling Totem Lycanroc in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon what does that say about Olivia?

Furthermore I doubt it will change Olivia being a grand trial (in the anime), which then makes you wonder what's the Grand Trial then (in the games)?

I hope so. 3 years isn't really enough time for a series it seems since the pacing issues have been worse ever since BW.

I kind of disagree, because the issue of course is whether the writers and producers KNOW when the next generation, which means they have to build around that idea.

If there was a consistent release date and the anime writers/producers didn't have to worry (especially in regards to showing off new content from the new games), then I think the pacing would be fine.

The issue comes with the uncertainty of a release date, the information new gamefreak games will have that they'll want to show within the anime.

Its ONLY for that reason I would ever think there'd be pacing issues. The number of years a series is, is kind of irrelevant in that instance.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I've seen a Speculation saying that Sinnoh Remakes will probably happen in 2019 since remakes have followed an "every five years" rule since FRLG in 2004. I can't see them releasing Gen 8 next year so quickly, so I'd actually say the contrary - we could end up with a four-year Generation.

Given that they broke tradition once and never made Pokemon Z, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again and they went straight into Gen 8 after USM

ShadowForce720

Given that they broke tradition once and never made Pokemon Z, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again and they went straight into Gen 8 after USM

That's why I think we might actually get Diamond and Pearl remakes after UltraSun and UltraMoon before the gen 8 comes out, because if you look at what probably a lot of people are assuming is that we would get the gen 8 games after Ultra Sun and Moon and then we would get the remakes. So given that gamefreak likes to be unpredictable and their probably thinking that a lot of people are assuming that the next games after Ultra Sun and Moon are going to be gen 8 games they will probably just wind up doing the D&P remakes instead.

SinnohEevee

That's why I think we might actually get Diamond and Pearl remakes after UltraSun and UltraMoon before the gen 8 comes out, because if you look at what probably a lot of people are assuming is that we would get the gen 8 games after Ultra Sun and Moon and then we would get the remakes. So given that gamefreak likes to be unpredictable and their probably thinking that a lot of people are assuming that the next games after Ultra Sun and Moon are going to be gen 8 games they will probably just wind up doing the D&P remakes instead.

Are they going to make 3 games this generation?
Maybe only if Gen 7 lasts 4 years.

Red and Blue

Or they could do the opposite since there are people who still think that Gen 4 remakes will still be a part of Gen 7

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hmm... I wonder if Ash will see Necrozma like Looker did. Speaking of Looker do you guys think he will return?

I sure hope so, I miss him and his interactions with Team Rocket.
It'd be cool if we could get Anabel as well.

ShadowForce720

Or they could do the opposite since there are people who still think that Gen 4 remakes will still be a part of Gen 7

yes but keep in mind look how many people are already assuming that this generation will only last 3 years, I mean the whole argument that oh because gen 5 didn't have remakes and just sequels to Black&White where as gen 6 had X&Y and then skipped a 3rd version and just did Ruby and Sapphire remakes and then went into gen 7 so assuming that gen 7 would follow around the same pattern kind of works against itself as it would be pretty predictable.

I mean if you look at it sure there are some people that want D&P remakes, but in all honesty given how many people are assuming that we won't get D&P remakes until gen 8 I think it just goes to show that D&P remakes coming after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon would be more unpredictable then having the gen 8 games be the next games after UltraSun and UltraMoon because less people would expect it since they assumed that we wouldn't get remakes in the same generation that we get sequel or 3rd version games.

SinnohEevee

yes but keep in mind look how many people are already assuming that this generation will only last 3 years, I mean the whole argument that oh because gen 5 didn't have remakes and just sequels to Black&White where as gen 6 had X&Y and then skipped a 3rd version and just did Ruby and Sapphire remakes and then went into gen 7 so assuming that gen 7 would follow around the same pattern kind of works against itself as it would be pretty predictable.

I mean if you look at it sure there are some people that want D&P remakes, but in all honesty given how many people are assuming that we won't get D&P remakes until gen 8 I think it just goes to show that D&P remakes coming after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon would be more unpredictable then having the gen 8 games be the next games after UltraSun and UltraMoon because less people would expect it since they assumed that we wouldn't get remakes in the same generation that we get sequel or 3rd version games.

Doesn't Game Freak need a break year to prepare for the next generation?

ShadowForce720

Doesn't Game Freak need a break year to prepare for the next generation?

That's why I'm thinking that we probably won't have a main series game next year. This is how it could break down in each scenario:

2018: D&P remakes
2019: Break
2020: Gen 8 games

2018:Break
2019: D&P remakes

2019: Gen 8 games
2020: D&P remakes?

SinnohEevee

That's why I'm thinking that we probably won't have a main series game next year. This is how it could break down in each scenario:

2018: D&P remakes
2019: Break

2019: D&P remakes

2020: D&P remakes?

Does Gen 7 need to last 4 years? Maybe because of the Switch.

ShadowForce720

Does Gen 7 need to last 4 years? Maybe because of the Switch.

Did gen 3 and gen 4 need to last 4 years? It's really up to GameFreak if GameFreak wants to bring out gen 4 remakes in gen 7 and have them on the 3d's because they decided to have gen 7 last 4 years then it will. Of course it's not guaranteed to last 4 years but I really don't think that it could be assumed that just because the Switch it currently out and some people want a main series pokemon game on there that doesn't itautomatically means that gen 7 will only last 3 years. Plus your assuming that the Switch is the successor to the 3D's which remains to be seen since for all we know they could introduce a new handheld system.

I mean if you get down to it gens 3 and 4 didn't necessarily need to last 4 years but they did, so I really don't think it's a matter of whether or not we think we need it to last 4 years or not.

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I honestly see gen 8 on the switch in 2019. Like XY on 3DS was released in 2013 eventhough the 3DS released in 2011, so similarly I expect a break in 2018. Furthermore, the switch's no. of users would be well established by 2019, making it easier to sell whatever gen 8 games come out. And then, hopefully in 2020, a DP remake, which also makes sense since remakes usually come on consoles on which their original gen can't be played on (excluding gen 1 remakes on GBA, but was needed since the original GB couldn't communicate with the GBA).

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

I hope that the initial Gen 8 game will have a good quality and not be like XY.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
this series has way more mainline characters than ever before but it's definitely not following the game's plot developments. So, new characters... maybe.

ShadowForce720

I honestly see gen 8 on the switch in 2019. Like XY on 3DS was released in 2013 eventhough the 3DS released in 2011, so similarly I expect a break in 2018. Furthermore, the switch's no. of users would be well established by 2019, making it easier to sell whatever gen 8 games come out. And then, hopefully in 2020, a DP remake, which also makes sense since remakes usually come on consoles on which their original gen can't be played on (excluding gen 1 remakes on GBA, but was needed since the original GB couldn't communicate with the GBA).

I don't really think Diamond and Pearl still being playable on the Nintendo 3d's would really prevent Gamefreak from putting D&P remakes on the Nintendo 3d's if they wanted to and interesting enough gen 4 is the only generation now that doesn't have access to Pokebank where all the other generations do, and also Gamefreak does like to try to be unpredictable so what's to say that the next game after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon isn't the D&P remakes, because if no matter how you look at it having gen 8 games be the next games after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is pretty predictable, especially if it's then followed up gen 4 remakes because then they pretty much did the same thing as they did from BW-ORAS in terms of games released.

For instance here is how it breaks down:

2010: Black&White
2011: Break
2012: Black2&White2
2013: X&Y
2014:ORAS
2015: Break
2016: Sun&Moon
2017: Ultra Sun&Ultra Moon
2018: Break
2020: D&P remakes

that seems a little to predictable for Gamefreak especially considering it would mean that Gamefreak would have started following into a predictable pattern.

SinnohEevee

I don't really think Diamond and Pearl still being playable on the Nintendo 3d's would really prevent Gamefreak from putting D&P remakes on the Nintendo 3d's if they wanted to and interesting enough gen 4 is the only generation now that doesn't have access to Pokebank where all the other generations do, and also Gamefreak does like to try to be unpredictable so what's to say that the next game after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon isn't the D&P remakes, because if no matter how you look at it having gen 8 games be the next games after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon is pretty predictable, especially if it's then followed up gen 4 remakes because then they pretty much did the same thing as they did from BW-ORAS in terms of games released.

For instance here is how it breaks down:

2010: Black&White
2011: Break
2012: Black2&White2
2013: X&Y
2014:ORAS
2015: Break
2016: Sun&Moon
2017: Ultra Sun&Ultra Moon
2018: Break
2020: D&P remakes

that seems a little to predictable for Gamefreak especially considering it would mean that Gamefreak would have started following into a predictable pattern.

Well, I really hope we get DP remakes next year, but it's too early to tell and I don't want to get my hopes up. Gen 4 Pokémon can still be transferred to Gen 7, but you need Gen 5 and two handhelds, I dunno how much that factors in their decisions.

Red and Blue

Having a Gen only last two years would be anything but predictable. It would be quite the opposite.