• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

DatsRight

Lana is pretty carefree to me, think she really doesn't care at this point to do anything seriously. Adventure one day in the future maybe and that's it. I dobn't really blame her anyways but I'd at least want her get another water Pokemon just for the heck of it at this point.

As for moves, I'd be okay with just them having four moves on their Pokemon tbh. They've got to have some form of training before doing anything like protecting Alola from whatever is coming imo. I really don't wanna just see them being this Ultra guardian thing and they can't stand up for themselves. 10000000 volt thunderbolt wouldn't always save them :/

I think there's only so many good battles the writers can be bothered to make per series, and it's becoming more obvious as we go along, what with some of the main characters becoming more blatantly non-battle centric and the villain plots (the ones they know they're allowed to break the rules with the most) becoming lazier and more ineffective (how many times do the heroes either curb stomp the bad guy, or get curb stomped themselves and then summon a legendary or stronger trainer to curb stomp the bad guy instead?). A huge bulk of battles, if not the majority, are curb stomps or spam fests. Generally only a handful of plot centred battles plus the goal based ones like Ash's gym/Kahuna ones are strategy heavy and keep to the character playing them all the way through on their own while still making it look like a challenge (and even then it took until XY for them to fully abolish all forms of flukes/DEMs from Ash's gym run).

I would truthfully kinda prefer they just take the 'slice of life with odd battles' setup of early SM and stick to it instead of making it more actionized again, because I think the writers can make more consistent use of the former over 'tons of boring curb stomps with the odd really good battle in there' ratio that previous series had. You predicted it yourselves; the side cast get flukey wins due to being poor battlers, Ash gets a DEM to be the big hero, the villains are resultantly a pushover and an anti climax makes the plot. Not exactly satisfying.

I think it has negative effect on the protagonists as well because they NEVER feel like the underdogs in the action heavy route, not even the poor battlers, because they usually get through ridiculous circumstances without a scratch and not based on their own effort, while with the SOL setup with moderated battles, Ash, even with his winning streak, feels adorably humble and rootable.

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Nah. Everyone except for Lillie and Lana would need new captures, because Ash, Kiawe, Soph, and Mallow don't own any Pokemon capable of learning any Fairy moves that aren't egg moves. On top of that, Popplio would have to learn either Disarming Voice or Moonblast, and Shiron would have to evolve and learn Dazzling Gleam. On top of the fact that Mallow, Soph, and Lillie would all need Z-Rings. As of right now, only Lana is realistically capable of using the Fairium-Z, since she has both a Z-Ring and a Pokemon capable of learning Fairy moves.

I could see Mina's Trial being some kind of massive scavenger hunt or something where they'd have to go through all four islands to find these petals or something. That's the obvious suggestion IMO.

Well, since Mallow/Soph have such underdeveloped teams, it would seem to me that unless something changes then they'd get swept and we'd have Ash/Lana v Lillie, which would give both Lana and Lillie a much-needed battle.

And if they REALLY want to piss off 90% of the fanbase they could have TRio join (like the baseball episode) and Jessie wins it for Mimikyu (my personal preference). Speaking of Mimikyu, how will Lets Snuggle Forever work considering that everytime Meowth's looked under the cloth it's died (assuming that would extend to all victims of the Z-move)?

DatsRight

Well, since Mallow/Soph have such underdeveloped teams, it would seem to me that unless something changes then they'd get swept and we'd have Ash/Lana v Lillie, which would give both Lana and Lillie a much-needed battle.

And if they REALLY want to piss off 90% of the fanbase they could have TRio join (like the baseball episode) and Jessie wins it for Mimikyu (my personal preference). Speaking of Mimikyu, how will Lets Snuggle Forever work considering that everytime Meowth's looked under the cloth it's died (assuming that would extend to all victims of the Z-move)?

Few mind when the TRio take part in legitimate activities since they have a better habit of being good or diverse at it than when they interrupt it with their villainous shtick. Plus the baseball episode was pretty much the only time them and the twerps interacted in a humorous way (interacted as in not just the TRio acting goofy and the twerps being locked in stock heroic killjoy mode).

Last edited:

Zipper4242

Few mind when the TRio take part in legitimate activities since they have a better habit of being good or diverse at it than when they interrupt it with their villainous shtick. Plus the baseball episode was pretty much the only time them and the twerps interacted in a humorous way (interacted as in not just the TRio acting goofy and the twerps being locked in stock heroic killjoy mode).

Well, I meant giving TRio another Z Crystal and somehow not giving them a Z-Ring... honestly, they've had the Darknium Z for over twenty episodes now and it's literally fallen into a black hole... (pun intended)

Yeah, I know what you mean though. And SM seems to like showcasing TRio doing honest work as opposed to stalking and harassing the twerps every second of their lives. So it is very likely. And, if the evolving Z-Crystal thing is not just for Ash, but extends to other people, then I can definitely see Jessie getting a Z-Ring and running Let's Snuggle Forever.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really wish they would at least touch on the fact that the TRio have Darknium, they just up and abandoned that. Almost as if the episode was an AU and didn't actually happen.

It's not fair a lesser character got a z-crystal and z-ring within a span of two episodes while we've been waiting well over 30 for a continuation or mention of this. Almost 30 since Team Skull last appeared too.... but I've accepted that they've just been abandoned like Pierce.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I really wish they would at least touch on the fact that the TRio have Darknium, they just up and abandoned that. Almost as if the episode was an AU and didn't actually happen.

It's not fair a lesser character got a z-crystal and z-ring within a span of two episodes while we've been waiting well over 30 for a continuation or mention of this. Almost 30 since Team Skull last appeared too.... but I've accepted that they've just been abandoned like Pierce.

They don't have a Z-ring because

A. Nobody is there to teach them the correct pose to use it
B. Who's even going to use it? Nobody in TRio has a Dark move to my knowledge
C. If they're going to give TRio a Z-ring I really hope it isn't rushed and just black they have the Dark Z-crystal. Hopefully there's build up and not just "hey they a Z-crystal lets a random way they got a Z-ring!"

And I hope the the "lesser" character isn't Lana considering she actually can use her Z-crystal and it went along with her goal. TRio maybe main characters but they hold less importance to Lana at this point.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

C. If they're going to give TRio a Z-ring I really hope it isn't rushed and just black they have the Dark Z-crystal. Hopefully there's build up and not just "hey they a Z-crystal lets a random way they got a Z-ring!"

And I hope the the "lesser" character isn't Lana considering she actually can use her Z-crystal and it went along with her goal. TRio maybe main characters but they hold less importance to Lana at this point.

He is talking about Lana.

DatsRight

And, if the evolving Z-Crystal thing is not just for Ash, but extends to other people, then I can definitely see Jessie getting a Z-Ring and running Let's Snuggle Forever.

As much as I like SM Ash, I have a feeling that's a case of the twerps getting special treatment. The anime isn't subtle about giving plot armour to their protagonists, especially compared to the ever luckless Team Rocket (remember when Jessie thought Gourgeist would be unstoppable through her bond with her and getting the usual 'evolution second wind', and got curb stomped utterly? It's one of those things that only works for the twerps).

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Of course they're talking about Lana. They have a completely irrational hatred of her and anything related to her.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Okay...some New Year's stickers came out. I'm probably over analyzing (though we all do that sometimes. Plus, one NEVER quite knows what merchandise foretells), but we might get an Entei, Growlithe, Kartana, and Magikarp in the near future.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Okay...some New Year's stickers came out. I'm probably over analyzing (though we all do that sometimes. Plus, one NEVER quite knows what merchandise foretells), but we might get an Entei, Growlithe, Kartana, and Magikarp in the near future.

Other than the Ultra Beast, I don't see how any of those other Pokemon would impact the SM saga in terms of UltraSun and UltraMoon promotion. I now fully expect an Ultra Beast mini-arc though, contrary to what I thought a few weeks ago.

Zoruagible

Entei? Yeah, doubt that.
Would be nice if Kiawe got Growlithe though, new moves are pretty much all they can do with his development otherwise and Marowak's moveset is pretty much good as it is. It'd be nice if he got an possible evolution episode in the future too. I'd love to see the fire pupper turning into the majestic canine with SM's evolution.

Zipper4242

Entei? Yeah, doubt that.
Would be nice if Kiawe got Growlithe though, new moves are pretty much all they can do with his development otherwise and Marowak's moveset is pretty much good as it is. It'd be nice if he got an possible evolution episode in the future too. I'd love to see the fire pupper turning into the majestic canine with SM's evolution.

Unfortunately, I figure if they want a Growlithe in the show they'll just bring back James' Growlie, which might be in one or two episodes and that's it. *sighs*

nickdt

Yeah. But they might throw in some stuff to promote the Gen 2 games on the VC. ("Might" being the key/iffy word there)

Aren't they already: Brock and Steelix (Mega), Umbreon, Totodile, Charizard Valley, Squirtle Squad

Zipper4242

Aren't they already: Brock and Steelix (Mega), Umbreon, Totodile, Charizard Valley, Squirtle Squad

When did anyone even mention the Charizard valley? As for the other two, they were a blink and you miss it moment, so I really don't think that counts. I kind of think that if they want to promote the Gen 2 games on VC, they'll add at least one episode devoted to it.

Zoruagible

Unfortunately, I figure if they want a Growlithe in the show they'll just bring back James' Growlie, which might be in one or two episodes and that's it. *sighs*

Jessibelle coming back again? Yeah sure, they love being generous to characters I enjoy *sarcasm*. It'd probably be another 15 episodes before a TRio member gets an episode, and Meowth needs one.
Growlithe's wild in USM, a Fire type, and something Kiawe actually does have in-game much like most of the other Trial Captains and their Pokemon. He'd be a perfect way to give Kiawe more development.

No, not at all.
Totodile and Squirtle were blink and you'll miss them cameos, Charizard wasn't even mentioned, Steelix and Swampert are Brock's only Mega options and Steelix makes more sense given he was Brock's starter... it'd be nice to see him with Mega Swampert if he returns though. And Umbreon is just an Eeveelution.

Promoting the VC would be an actual Johto field trip, or a starter joining the cast or appearing somehow.

Jangobadass

Surprise!

Was that even mentioned :confused:

Totodile and the Squirtle Squad were barely shown, let alone meant anything. Umbreon is here as one of Gladion's Pokemon, and appears enough anyway. Brock is more of Kanto nostalgia, while Steelix is his longtime Pokemon that, apparently, has gone back to being his partner sometime between sagas.

And I realize full well we may not get any Gen 2/Johto elements. I'm simply curious just in case. Heck, I wouldn't even have bought it up if it hadn't been for the recent Alola vs. Johto event making me wonder if the Show would somehow promote the VC release.
Those stickers just got me a little curious is all.
The preview shown for the New Year's certainly makes me (further) doubt it.

Last edited: