• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
UltraSun and UltraMoon (possible) effect on the anime

I know, it's relatively early, but considering the new stuff about the games... Do you think there'll be any effect on the anime? Or just something more subtle like what they had done during the Platinum days?

As for me, I'd love to see the new player characters (if there are any changes to them) becoming new classmates for Ash and co.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's most likely why they haven't introduced Nebby yet.
I do wonder though if any Trial captains that are in those games will appear here. I highly doubt they'll use the exact Trial Captains again..... hopefully the Dragon one has an actual trial captain for example, and the Fairy one is competent at her job.
Maybe we'll be getting the Ultra version of the Normal trial guy, similar to how we got BW 2 Cheren.... even though we had BW 1 Bianca.

Red and Blue

Nebby will probably fuse with Necrozma. Aside from that we should wait for more info

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And this is why the waited to get the plot moving in the anime after the BW debacle.

dp045

It is likely that UltraSUN / MOON will have the same effects as ORAS, Emerald, Platinum, etc. Not very relevant.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Of course it'll effect the anime but it better be more than just character design customization. I'd love if the new characters had an impact on the plot like when we had the N arc or when Ash battled Cheren. I wish the new characters would specifically have something to do with Lillie like she's doing Gyms or they had a past connection to the Aether Foundation. I hope the Trial Captains do make a cameo I mean it could be another timeskip like B2W2.

dp045

Of course it'll effect the anime but it better be more than just character design customization. I'd love if the new characters had an impact on the plot like when we had the N arc or when Ash battled Cheren. I wish the new characters would specifically have something to do with Lillie like she's doing Gyms or they had a past connection to the Aether Foundation. I hope the Trial Captains do make a cameo I mean it could be another timeskip like B2W2.

If in the anime the "adaptation" of UltraSUN / MOON is treated as B2W2 in Best Wishes ... that would be bad, very bad. N and Cheren were ruined in the anime and I do not really think a pseudo-sequel would improve or fix SM. Although, anyway they will say it will be good because everything that happens in SM is good ...

Spyro39

Is this why they held off Ash's trials to Akala Island? I'm now thinking that they're going to adapt the Ultra S/M story into their series for this reason.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Nebby will probably fuse with Necrozma. Aside from that we should wait for more info

do you think that part of the trailer at the end with the new z-pose will be for their fusions or something?

It'd be nice if this alternate version had gyms, not that I prefer them over trials, but just to ensure they are different enough from Sun and Moon.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Is this why they held off Ash's trials to Akala Island? I'm now thinking that they're going to adapt the Ultra S/M story into their series for this reason.

Yeah me too. It's better than what happened in BW sadly as the Team Plasma plot looked really good before those episodes got cancelled.

dp045

I do not think, if the SM anime goes slow is because it has another approach, it should not necessarily be because it adapts something from the next games. In any case, we would have to wait until next year to see what effects the new games would have on the anime, but I think that they could save it for the SM movie with Necrozma and all that, and we have to wait to see the game's plot To give us an idea that they could adapt to the anime. Nobody wants a Best WIshes 2 and a XYZ again, right?

Spyro39

Yeah me too. It's better than what happened in BW sadly as the Team Plasma plot looked really good before those episodes got cancelled.

I think at this point, the writers learned their lesson from introducing villains too early into the series if a third version or sequels in their respective generations get introduced. Ever since the 2011 earthquake led to those Team Plasma episodes in BW got cancelled, the writers have been introducing the villains very late into the series, which could be the case for SM (I'm talking about the Aether Foundation, not Team Skull).

dman_dustin

It is likely that UltraSUN / MOON will have the same effects as ORAS, Emerald, Platinum, etc. Not very relevant.

I strongly disagree, the fact Ultra SUn and Ultra Moon are coming out basically a YEAR after Sun and Moon, means it should be affecting the anime a lot.

This is unlike other generations where there was a year of nothing (relatively speaking) before 3rd versions.

Also we are back in the Alola region. With entirely new content.

What I'm saying is Ultra Sun and Ultra moon, might be the true Sun and Moon games to be marketed by the anime.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
The thing about USUM is that they've already included trials unless Kukui decides to build gyms with Ash.

Also I'm wondering whether Jessie, Sophocles and Ash will get exclusive Z-moves for Mimikyu, Lycanroc and Togedemaru. Seemed to hint at that a lot.

I'm glad it's coming out now and seems to explain the relatively slow pacing - it looks like Aya Matsui was waiting for this before going further with the plot, at least to me.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Necrozma's Sun entry: Reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts, this life-form, apparently asleep underground, is thought to have come from another world in ancient times.

since necrozma isn't technically an ultra beast, i wonder if this other "world" is different from ultra space. if so, i hope we can see it in the anime.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The thing about USUM is that they've already included trials unless Kukui decides to build gyms with Ash.

Also I'm wondering whether Jessie, Sophocles and Ash will get exclusive Z-moves for Mimikyu, Lycanroc and Togedemaru. Seemed to hint at that a lot.

I'm glad it's coming out now and seems to explain the relatively slow pacing - it looks like Aya Matsui was waiting for this before going further with the plot, at least to me.

I'll take back what I said about it solely being on the cast to be a marketing device if that happens. I still don't want the others having rings though.... only Ash, Kiawe, Lillie, Gladion, and the TRio really need them.
No doubt Jessie will get Mimikyu's. I just hope they have something special for James though if that happens

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

hopefully togedemaru gets a bad *** steel type z-move, or like a steel and electric type. that'd be fun.

04n70n10

What if we are already (a bit) in the Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun storyline? In any case a bit adapted in the Anime obviously.

Many things are different from "normal" Sun and Moon from the start, probably writers know this and so in this first part of Sun and Moon anime they are a bit vague about "the general plot".

Luamine had a bit different outfit in the family photo... probably is nothing, but... who knows?

Last edited:

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
From what I could gather from the trailer, this is an alternate Alola (Which may have closer ties to the anime world with Midday Lycanroc, Togedemaru, Pikachu and Mimkyu being showcased - Plus Mimikyu was all like trying to kill you like Jessie's would) which has more Pokemon and fusion forms for the two legendries. Two new player characters (I prefer this version of the female if I'm honest, the chicken hat put me off a bit) but no other main character allusions. Maybe they're older or something? I dunno.

In concerns with the anime, they are SOOO going to mix this with the current anime, so expect Necrozma/Lunala (Or Sogaleo) to be featured in the future arc. Maybe in this world Gladion wasn't a part of Team Skull, which is why he isn't in SM? Who knows but, if Pokemon has the same announcement scheme as Sun and Moon with new Pokemon, expect major hype from the youtube channel Unless you were one of those people waiting for DP Remakes then I feel for you dude/dudette

Also, we haven't met Aether yet, maybe the Aether plot of US/UM is gonna work its way into the anime, I dunno but I'm so hyped right now.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I know, it's relatively early, but considering the new stuff about the games... Do you think there'll be any effect on the anime? Or just something more subtle like what they had done during the Platinum days?

As for me, I'd love to see the new player characters (if there are any changes to them) becoming new classmates for Ash and co.

Yes, I expect Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon will have an impact on the anime, especially since they are being released this year. I'm sure the writers will incorporate some, if not most or all, of the material from the new games into the anime. (How much material is incorporated probably depends on the new games themselves.)

If the Trials or Trial Captains are different in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, then we might see those new Trial Captains in the anime. I don't expect to see the new player characters as students at the Pokémon School, however.

Now that you mention it (and having rewatched the trailer), the trailer did seem to hint at exclusive Z-moves for Lycanroc, Togedemaru, and Mimikyu. If that's the case, then I expect Ash, Sophocles, and Jessie to get the Z-Crystals required for those exclusive Z-moves even though I hate the idea of Jessie having a special Z-move, especially if James doesn't also get one :/ .