• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, that Togedemaru being there makes me wonder if we'll get exclusive Z-Moves for the rest of the main cast's Pokemon. They could easily make one for Tsareena that requires Trop Kick, one for Turtonator that requires Shell Trap, and one for Togedemaru that requires Zing Zap. Primarina already has one that requires Sparkling Aria, so it's set.

The only problem is that leaves Lillie left out, since Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales don't have any signature moves.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The thing about USUM is that they've already included trials unless Kukui decides to build gyms with Ash.

Also I'm wondering whether Jessie, Sophocles and Ash will get exclusive Z-moves for Mimikyu, Lycanroc and Togedemaru. Seemed to hint at that a lot.

I'm glad it's coming out now and seems to explain the relatively slow pacing - it looks like Aya Matsui was waiting for this before going further with the plot, at least to me.
Eh if anything Lillie should be the one to do gyms since Ash is already taking part in the Island Trials challenge.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
From what I could gather from the trailer, this is an alternate Alola (Which may have closer ties to the anime world with Midday Lycanroc, Togedemaru, Pikachu and Mimkyu being showcased - Plus Mimikyu was all like trying to kill you like Jessie's would) which has more Pokemon and fusion forms for the two legendries. Two new player characters (I prefer this version of the female if I'm honest, the chicken hat put me off a bit) but no other main character allusions. Maybe they're older or something? I dunno.

In concerns with the anime, they are SOOO going to mix this with the current anime, so expect Necrozma/Lunala (Or Sogaleo) to be featured in the future arc. Maybe in this world Gladion wasn't a part of Team Skull, which is why he isn't in SM? Who knows but, if Pokemon has the same announcement scheme as Sun and Moon with new Pokemon, expect major hype from the youtube channel Unless you were one of those people waiting for DP Remakes then I feel for you dude/dudette

Also, we haven't met Aether yet, maybe the Aether plot of US/UM is gonna work its way into the anime, I dunno but I'm so hyped right now.

Yeah, it's a definite improvement on the female player.
I wouldn't mind her appearing, I'm glad Chickenhead's not going to happen now for sure. I hate that hat so much....
They'll probably be better options for rivals for Ash though in the games. Ones with character instead of being a blank slate

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Eh if anything Lillie should be the one to do gyms since Ash is already taking part in the Island Trials challenge.

...you've solved it. Finally a way we can have Ash and companion do gym quest together without it being repetitive!
Yeah, that Togedemaru being there makes me wonder if we'll get exclusive Z-Moves for the rest of the main cast's Pokemon. They could easily make one for Tsareena that requires Trop Kick, one for Turtonator that requires Shell Trap, and one for Togedemaru that requires Zing Zap. Primarina already has one that requires Sparkling Aria, so it's set.

The only problem is that leaves Lillie left out, since Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales don't have any signature moves.

If Solgaleo/Lunala get Z-moves, I think thats her sorted, especially if they keep the plot centered around Lillie.

Gee golly I'm so excited for the possibilities!

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Castrotoge Maybe an upgraded Gyro Ball or something similar to her rolling in a ball? Maybe we'll finally see Mimikyu's true form which will strengthen its exclusive Z Move.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Castrotoge Maybe an upgraded Gyro Ball or something similar to her rolling in a ball? Maybe we'll finally see Mimikyu's true form which will strengthen its exclusive Z Move.

I don't think we'll ever see what Mimikyu's true form is, just like we'll never see the bottom side of a Dugtrio. It's more fun to keep it hidden and up to the imagination of the viewer.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Also I'm wondering whether Jessie, Sophocles and Ash will get exclusive Z-moves for Mimikyu, Lycanroc and Togedemaru. Seemed to hint at that a lot.
This is one possibility that came to me as well, given that those three pokemon with special animations in the trailer happen to be pokemon that characters in the anime either already have or will most likely get (given how unlikely it is Ash's Rockruff will evolve into midnight form when its rival is a Midnight Lycanroc).

I don't think we'll ever see what Mimikyu's true form is, just like we'll never see the bottom side of a Dugtrio. It's more fun to keep it hidden and up to the imagination of the viewer.
While I agree, I also personally kind of doubt the parts of Mimikyu that are under the rag look all that different from the arms and feet we can see it expose to light just fine. Like some other Ghost types its full body is probably a rather amorphous mass of black material, though in its case it carries the power to curse anyone who sees it.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
They should really give the new Z-ring/movements to the protagonists too (IMO)

[spoil][img300]http://i.imgur.com/44mIIfA.gif[/img300][/spoil]

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I think the new ring is something exclusive for Ultra Beasts / Solgaleo / Lunala only. The Z Moves would be the same Z Rings as before.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I think he just places the crystal on the ring and then it starts glowing.

Christ, if in-game you can have a Life Orb and a Z-move now because it's the trainer holding the Z-crystal...

Good god GF, why did you give Mega Lucario Adaptability All Out Pummelling

goodbye battle spot

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Christ, if in-game you can have a Life Orb and a Z-move now because it's the trainer holding the Z-crystal...

Good god GF, why did you give Mega Lucario Adaptability All Out Pummelling

goodbye battle spot
I doubt that's the case. Recall that Rayquaza can't mega evolve and use a Z-move. Even if by some chance they are allowing the use of Z-moves with other items, Mega Evolution will likely be coded so as to be impossible with a Z-Move.

Spyro39

I just realized something.

Do you think the SM anime is going to change their title from "Sun & Moon" to "Ultra Sun & Moon" this year, kind of like how BW changed their title "Best Wishes" to "Best Wishes 2" when the Black 2 and White 2 games were announced?

Everything12

They could has much of an effect on the anime as Emerald and Platinum did, which is to say none even BW2 only had the three Gym Leaders and Neo-Plasma tacked onto the end of the anime with Neo-Plasma going after Reshiram not Kyurem.

Vipsoccermaster

I just realized something.

Do you think the SM anime is going to change their title from "Sun & Moon" to "Ultra Sun & Moon" this year, kind of like how BW changed their title "Best Wishes" to "Best Wishes 2" when the Black 2 and White 2 games were announced?
It will likely happen, but only after a season is complete.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Hmm... I wonder if Ash will see Necrozma like Looker did. Speaking of Looker do you guys think he will return?

Last edited: