• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

desdar300

It is likely that UltraSUN / MOON will have the same effects as ORAS, Emerald, Platinum, etc. Not very relevant.
All of those games were accounted for in some way
Emerald- Frontier Arc
FRLG- The gang going to Kanto, May getting two of the Gen one starters, and Ash using his OG team to battle the Brains.
So all and all the games will be taken into account someway.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Hmm... I wonder if Ash will see Necrozma like Looker did. Speaking of Looker do you guys think he will return?
I truly hope so. We haven't seen him since BW. A shame he didn't appear in the anime but in the games he should definitely return.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
They could has much of an effect on the anime as Emerald and Platinum did, which is to say none even BW2 only had the three Gym Leaders and Neo-Plasma tacked onto the end of the anime with Neo-Plasma going after Reshiram not Kyurem.

The anime staff had BW2 dropped on then without warning. They've been holding off on SM because the way SM plays, there were hints everywhere for a sequel.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Since it's pretty much a third version, it won't have any impact except maybe Necrozma fusing with Solgaleo/Lunala at the end. Or they totally ignor them like Platinum and pack everything in a movie.

World Turtle

Possibly new/different Trials (at least by the time we get to Ula'Ula).
If we get new Alolan Forms we might have to revise our capture speculations.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I can see them changing some of the Totem Pokémon in the anime if they introduce new ones in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

Well at least UsUm gives us an excuse to not have Mimikyu as a Totem Pokemon.

I just can't see it as a Totem when it already has such a major role already.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I could see them changing Salazzle and Vikavolt, as well.

Most likely to Alolan Marowak and Alolan Golem.

Spyro39

I can see them changing some of the Totem Pokémon in the anime if they introduce new ones in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

That's my initial thought. It could be why they held off Ash's trials to Akala Island. If it is, I can forgive SM for the gap between his first and second trial.

Red and Blue

If USM is all we are getting for the rest of Gen 7 are we looking at a two year season?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Well at least UsUm gives us an excuse to not have Mimikyu as a Totem Pokemon.

I just can't see it as a Totem when it already has such a major role already.

As of right now, I don't see any reason for the anime to omit or switch out Mimikyu as a Totem Pokémon, despite the major role it has played so far and that it might play in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. However, that's just as of right now. As more information about USUM is released, things could change, of course. :)

Is there a reason you don't want Mimikyu as a Totem Pokémon?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If USM is all we are getting for the rest of Gen 7 are we looking at a two year season?
Not necessarily. Whatever comes after USM could be on the Switch ie DP remakes. And for M22, they could just do what they did for the Volcanion movie and focus on a Gen VIII mythical. That would mean Gen VIII in 2019.

TheWanderingMist

Not necessarily. Whatever comes after USM could be on the Switch ie DP remakes. And for M22, they could just do what they did for the Volcanion movie and focus on a Gen VIII mythical. That would mean Gen VIII in 2019.

Last movie of a Generation always focuses on a Pokemon from the next one (The Eon twins, Lucario, Zoroark, Mega Mewtwo, Magearna). I'm assuming DP remakes are scheduled for 2019 if the remakes are follwing the 5-year-rule that seems to be in place currently. Although that would push BW remakes to 2024. The only reason DP and BW would even need remakes is because of the jump to 3D and inclusion of Fairy typings. Any way, I still think SunMoon will be a 3-year saga. BW2 was released a little over a year and a half from BW, and BW still had 3 years. XY was 3 years without any 3rd game (not counting ORAS).

Red and Blue

Wouldn't it make more sense for Sinnoh remakes to be part of Gen 8 since that is where the next gen is heading? I can see them happening now.

I've seen a Speculation saying that Sinnoh Remakes will probably happen in 2019 since remakes have followed an "every five years" rule since FRLG in 2004. I can't see them releasing Gen 8 next year so quickly, so I'd actually say the contrary - we could end up with a four-year Generation.

TheWanderingMist

i know it's unlikely but it would be cool if ash got an outfit change to one similar to the male pc of USUM.

At least he has casual clothes this saga as opposed to his usual one set of them look.