• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
We're on a forum friend, people are allowed to voice their disappointment. If you don't like it then ignore it, no one is asking you to read the posts and there are ways to avoid them.

It's not because USUM are following those games and everyone wants them to be better then them. If what everyone is seeing is looking like it's going to fall short of those games, then people are going to compare them negatively, it's not surprising that people are acting this way.

Being warned=/=accepting what is given. People expected the Emoji Movie to not be good, does that mean we should just roll over and not give any complaints about it?

-TP in BW never attacked any of those cities.
-The only city that was directly attacked in B2W2 with their weaponry was Opelucid.

I think you should brush up on the stories of the game if you're messing up details like that, especially the latter since it's an important moment in that game. Also, if you don't consider a story that has characters with different goals from the previous reacting to different situations at least somewhat new then I don't know what to tell you.

By attacked I mean we had to fight them in those cities respectively, obviously they didn't directly attack the cities themselves. How are you complaining about a game you've never played or seen reviews on? Based on promos? Like I said it's pretty much ridiculous to assume just because the game shares 3 cut scenes with SM that it's going to be the same. Just like you're able to voice your "disappointment", I am able to form a counter argument and disagree with it, that is how forums work right? You don't literally have to stop complaining about a game considering I don't control your computer/Internet use so idk why you took that seriously. Hey if you think a game is trash just because it's a third version, good luck with that. I doubt third versions are going anywhere anytime soon. Until I see actually reviews on the game (like I did on SM before buying) I refuse to judge a game on promos.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
By attacked I mean we had to fight them in those cities respectively, obviously they didn't directly attack the cities themselves. How are you complaining about a game you've never played or seen reviews on? Based on promos? Like I said it's pretty much ridiculous to assume just because the game shares 3 cut scenes with SM that it's going to be the same.

Because the point of promos is to make you interested in the game, if you're not getting good first impressions from the promo why should your expectations or comments be positive? Three cutscenes making the game look like the same thing does not exactly inspire confidence.

Just like you're able to voice your "disappointment", I am able to form a counter argument and disagree with it, that is how forums work right?

Exactly, and that's the wonderful things about forums, people can share their praise or disappointment freely. You shouldn't be asking for someone to stop complaining when they have good concerns to talk about, so either accept that aspect or ignore it.

I doubt third versions are going anywhere anytime soon. Until I see actually reviews on the game (like I did on SM before buying) I refuse to judge a game on promos.

And that's a shame because they can sure as hell do better.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't see why the anime would exclude the old Ultra Beasts in favor of the new ones introduced in USUM, when it would be easy enough for the anime to include all of the UBs, either in the TV show proper or in the movies. I don't see the anime replacing Nihilego, for instance. Its role is too crucial to the Aether Foundation arc and to Lusamine's character, and perhaps even to Lillie's character; her outfit still resembles Nihilego, after all.

I'm also not quite sure why so many people are disappointed with USUM news, when we've barely gotten any news (at least compared to how much news was revealed about SM by this time last year). Sure, from the trailers, it seems like USUM is just an alternate retelling of SM with some additional features, but there may be more to USUM's storyline than Gamefreak has revealed so far. I'm in the camp of waiting until more news comes out before passing preliminary judgement on USUM, but that's just me.

I was more leaning toward the Bug/Fighting ones being replaced by the two new ones. I don't think they're going to leave Nihilego out.

@Janovy, I'd rather have little to no news than too much news, which is what I got for gens 4 through 6.

Red and Blue

I was more leaning toward the Bug/Fighting ones being replaced by the two new ones. I don't think they're going to leave Nihilego out.

@Janovy, I'd rather have little to no news than too much news, which is what I got for gens 4 through 6.

Again why do Buzzwole and Pheromosa need to be excluded (whether it be in the Aether arc or the 2018 film)? They could easily include all of the UBs.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Since UBs are not legendary/mythical Pokemon, does anyone think Ash and co would catch one or two? Personally, I don't.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Since UBs are not legendary/mythical Pokemon, does anyone think Ash and co would catch one or two? Personally, I don't.

I hope he doesn't.
Unless it's Buzzwole or Pheromosa cause they're the only ones that resemble Pokemon.

Red and Blue

Doubt it. Even if they aren't legendaries in the traditional sense, strength wise they appear to be just as strong.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
My point is that Gamefreak has barely revealed any information at all.

Because there isn't much new content to show us pre-release except maybe a Battle Frontier at all. It was the same with Platinum and every other third version. A slightly improved version of the first two games, which end up being the better games but unnecessary for them to exist.

Zoruagible

Nice promo art. I also like how "Z-Form" Lillie holds a Pokeball in this. Don't recall if that was in SM as well. Now what's up with those guys at the top of this image?

Hopefully new villains.
We're stuck with Gladion, Lillie, and Hau again I hope at least the villains have been expanded upon

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I dunno, one of them kind of looks like Faba to me.

Zoruagible

I dunno, one of them kind of looks like Faba to me.

The one in the far back maybe. That looks like his pose a bit
But the guy and two girls look completely different.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Some on Twitter say the guy on the right kinda looks like Colress, but I doubt it's him.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Funny how this poster does a better job at making me a bit more interested in USM than any of the trailers shown so far

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Now that I've seen this game poster, I'm crossing my fingers hoping that Lilie will receive that redesign in the SM anime, although I'd also love to see Hau finally show up in the anime as a way of promoting Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, too.

I bet they'll update Lilie's appearance to the her USM look but I'm fixated on that pokeball she's holding and what that means for SM anime Lilie.

Janovy

Banned
I bet they'll update Lilie's appearance to the her USM look but I'm fixated on that pokeball she's holding and what that means for SM anime Lilie.
Probably means that game Lillie will (hopefully) also be a trainer. Anime Lillie is already one.

Funny how this poster does a better job at making me a bit more interested in USM than any of the trailers shown so far
Same. It actually makes me a little hopeful.