• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
One thing I noticed in the trailer is that the Electric Totem Vikavolt appears to be shiny..... I really hope this is a sign that Ash and Soph can both do it 50/50, rather than just leaving Acerola as the only Trial Ash actually gets to do before Nanu.
Sure he has Electrium already, but he could swap it for Steelium if Soph's cousin gets the grace of appearing.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So interestingly, Alolan Marowak is the new Totem Pokémon, and it's probably the new Fire Trial since Acerola still seems to be around for her Ghost Trial. So Ash could probably get the Firium-Z from Totem Marowak. I wonder if Kiawe's Marowak could play a part in that, or if it's most likely going to be a new Totem Marowak on its own.

And Hau looks and seems a lot more determined and serious in USM. I know some people said that goofy Hau and goofy Ash would have meant a goofy overdose, but if Hau is more serious in USM, then I think he has a good chance of appearing in the anime.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
One thing I noticed in the trailer is that the Electric Totem Vikavolt appears to be shiny..... I really hope this is a sign that Ash and Soph can both do it 50/50, rather than just leaving Acerola as the only Trial Ash actually gets to do before Nanu.
Sure he has Electrium already, but he could swap it for Steelium if Soph's cousin gets the grace of appearing.
It's covered in armor. It's not shiny.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Lillie looks so much cheerful in USM. Maybe Aether Foundation isn't the main bad guys this time round (from what I have heard, it's a year later than SM so kinda makes sense).

Her going round being a trainer is awesome.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Janovy

Banned
Lillie looks so much cheerful in USM. Maybe Aether Foundation isn't the main bad guys this time round (from what I have heard, it's a year later than SM so kinda makes sense).
It's not a year later since one of the screens for US/UM shows that Nihilego appears in front of Lusamine, PC and Hau just like in the original games.

Also, Lillie has yet to be shown involved in any kind of battle. :S

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So interestingly, Alolan Marowak is the new Totem Pokémon, and it's probably the new Fire Trial since Acerola still seems to be around for her Ghost Trial. So Ash could probably get the Firium-Z from Totem Marowak. I wonder if Kiawe's Marowak could play a part in that, or if it's most likely going to be a new Totem Marowak on its own.

And Hau looks and seems a lot more determined and serious in USM. I know some people said that goofy Hau and goofy Ash would have meant a goofy overdose, but if Hau is more serious in USM, then I think he has a good chance of appearing in the anime.

I sure hope Hau gets in, I'm just disappointed they didn't bother changing his appearance if he's going to have a different personality. Sun and Moon have new default appearances, Lillie is already in the z-form outfit... but Hau's still in his original outfit.

It's covered in armor. It's not shiny.

It's shiny....
Silver Vikavolt = Shiny

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I sure hope Hau gets in, I'm just disappointed they didn't bother changing his appearance if he's going to have a different personality. Sun and Moon have new default appearances, Lillie is already in the z-form outfit... but Hau's still in his original outfit.

It's shiny....
Silver Vikavolt = Shiny

I didn’t know Vikavolt had a screw on its butt.

It’s a robot lol.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ok, that armored Vikavolt looked cool, and Mina has an actual trial this time. Also, Manti ne Surf looks amazing!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Actually previous screenshots still show Lillie in her initial outfit, since it showed the exact same scene of her telling Nebby to get in the bag in the Meadow. I think majority of the game and plot is similar to SM, with the major changes seemingly happening after the part where Lusamine goes into Ultra Space. Also, I'm surprised that there's still no mention of Team Skull and Guzma.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Hope we get an episode of them all surfing on mantines... or a bunch of different pokemon. Or if they introduce Alolan's Hottest Surfer and his mantine. I see that happening lol

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Pelipper Cruise would be fun too, considering Ash did it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Oooo maybe it'll be the next soaring, with mini games of dropping off packages to houses for points or helping Kiawe with milk delivery!

...Pelipper Delivery actually sounds better than Cruise.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
If Marowak replaces Salazzle as the Wela Volcano Totem Pokémon, then that explains why the writers had Ash skip the Wela Volcano Trial the last time he was on Akala Island—they wanted to incorporate USUM's Wela Volcano Trial instead. It gives me hope that Ash will return to Akala Island and complete the Wela Volcano Trial, only he will face Totem Marowak (which I suppose means we have to wait for Plumeria to debut Salazzle).

Mina actually gives a legitimate Trial in USUM?! I suppose that increases her chances of appearing in the anime. If she does, then I hope she is as...special in the anime as she is in the games. It would be fun to see how Ash and his friends react to and interact with her.

Also, we need a Mantine Surf episode. :D

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Calling it: Sophocles' Charja will evolve and Soph would put armor on Vikavolt to "upgrade" him. Kid is inventor so, I believe he'd do something like that.

Spyro39

If Marowak replaces Salazzle as the Wela Volcano Totem Pokémon, then that explains why the writers had Ash skip the Wela Volcano Trial the last time he was on Akala Island—they wanted to incorporate USUM's Wela Volcano Trial instead. It gives me hope that Ash will return to Akala Island and complete the Wela Volcano Trial, only he will face Totem Marowak (which I suppose means we have to wait for Plumeria to debut Salazzle).

Agreed. I also hope that'll give Ash and friends an excuse to stay on Akala Island and explore the remaining areas they did not the first time around, like the Battle Royal.

I'm expecting Ash, Kiawe, and Sophocles to experience a total wipeout on their first try on Mantine Surfing. I think Lana might the only one who could be experienced with surfing though.

ShadowForce720

Mina actually gives a legitimate Trial in USUM?! I suppose that increases her chances of appearing in the anime. If she does, then I hope she is as...special in the anime as she is in the games. It would be fun to see how Ash and his friends react to and interact with her.

Just pointing this out but since it seems like so far in the anime the totem pokemon's primary type is matching up with the type of Z-crystal their guarding and considering Alolan Marowak is Fire/Ghost while Sazzale is Poison/Fire what we could see happen here is that Ash battles Totem Alolan Marowak to get the Fire type Z-crystal while Team Rocket at some point battles Totem Sazzale for the Poison type Z-crystal Poisonium Z.