• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

ShadowForce720

But we've had actual evil Pokemon in the anime before. Just recently with the Malamar and Alolan Persian.

To be fair though that Alolan Persian your talking about would probably not become a main antagonist, and is not in the position to be as dangerous, sure it gave Litten problems, but it's not something that would be strong enough to give a lot of the main cast problems and especially not later. Yes while the Malamar trio were evil in X&Y the problem is there plot seemed to just get dropped all of a sudden(probably due to time restraints) so we never got a case where a pokemon that was evil was the main antagonist and was strong enough to where it did pose a significant threat and we wound up getting it's conclusion to it's plot.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
But we've had actual evil Pokemon in the anime before. Just recently with the Malamar and Alolan Persian.

Alolan Persian is more spoiled brat that needs to learn its place than evil. And besides, I was talking more main antagonist, like the villain teams.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I personally don't want to see the Ultra Recon Squad appear in SM as villains since we have the Aether Foundation to deal with right now, and I don't think SM can juggle the Rocket-dan, the Skull-dan, the Aether Foundation, and this new organization properly without something going haywire.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I personally don't want to see the Ultra Recon Squad appear in SM as villains since we have the Aether Foundation to deal with right now, and I don't think SM can juggle the Rocket-dan, the Skull-dan, the Aether Foundation, and this new organization properly without something going haywire.

They have to promote the newer games though. Hence why Lillie is getting her Ultra look soon, and the events that made that happen in Sun are too far to occur anytime soon without major rushing. They still have Totem Marowak and Ula'Ula.... neither of which have shown up in anything yet apart from the Altar.

Ultra Recon Squad are clearly the bad guys in Ultra, they won't choose evil Lusamine over the evil space muskateers. Being able to show off every Ultra Space area would make every UB appearing less random, and allow them to use something else for the next movie. Like a gen 8 mon, or a mythical event Ultra may add.
The only Aether character that looks evil right here at all is Faba.

And Team Rocket are obviously going to help Ash like they've done with every villain group. They don't count as villains. I still stand by what I said, you're all just worried Lillie will get sidestepped, big whoop. Ash was third fiddle during the Flare arc, it's his time to shine again.

Haunter ゴースト

With Ultra Sun and Moon releasing this year, and the knowledge of new games for the Switch in 2018 which are very likely Generation 8. I honestly see the Sun and Moon series lasting only two years, hence why the plot has kicked in so early.

Ash has already been to two of the islands, the League is already in production, and now the Aether Foundation has kicked in - this could be the shortest series since the Indigo League.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
With Ultra Sun and Moon releasing this year, and the knowledge of new games for the Switch in 2018 which are very likely Generation 8. I honestly see the Sun and Moon series lasting only two years, hence why the plot has kicked in so early.

Ash has already been to two of the islands, the League is already in production, and now the Aether Foundation has kicked in - this could be the shortest series since the Indigo League.

It's not confirmed that the Switch title is coming out in 2018. It could just as easily come out in 2019.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I don't understand why are people making same mistakes? It's either that or they don't understand the pattern. Next year is a break.Gen 8 is coming in 2019.
Although, I wouldn't be surprised if 2019 is DP remakes and 2020 is Gen 8. That way we would have SM anime last 4 years, like DP and AG.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't understand why are people making same mistakes? It's either that or they don't understand the pattern. Next year is a break.Gen 8 is coming in 2019.
Although, I wouldn't be surprised if 2019 is DP remakes and 2020 is Gen 8. That way we would have SM anime last 4 years, like DP and AG.

As much as I would love that, I believe that's stretching it. I doubt SM will be 4 years. It'll probably be 3 years with a "filler arc" in its final year.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It's not confirmed that the Switch title is coming out in 2018. It could just as easily come out in 2019.

if it's still a gen 7 game, I could see it being released very late 2018 or early 2019, but if it's new gen, then 2019, maybe 2020 but that's pushing it because the switch will have been out for so long without a pokemon game (bar pokken).

Hope to god the SM series is not 4 years... unless they go back to all of Ash's reserves or something... oh gosh.

I wonder if people really think gamefreak only has limited options of when they can release games or give promos because it has to "fit the pattern" of how they released every other game?

Last edited:

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
I wouldn't be surprised if 2019 is DP remakes and 2020 is Gen 8. That way we would have SM anime last 4 years, like DP and AG.

I doubt DP remakes are coming before gen 8, USM are surely the final games of gen 7 and the 3ds regardless of whether the next gen comes out this year or the next

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

We don't anything about the remake games , anything could happen so to speculate it before they confirm the dates would not be wise. Just like they suddenly announced SM in 2016 march-april. We all thought XY would last 4 years also but that was not the case.

CMButch

We don't anything about the remake games , anything could happen so to speculate it before they confirm the dates would not be wise. Just like they suddenly announced SM in 2016 march-april. We all thought XY would last 4 years also but that was not the case.

Still the point is next year there will be a break. It's been stated multiple times it takes them 3-4 years to make new gen. Gen 8 to be released next year would be called rushing. Quality game>rushed.
Lemoncat, honestly I see no reason for other Gen 7 game. USUM are last Gen 7 games.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Still the point is next year there will be a break. It's been stated multiple times it takes them 3-4 years to make new gen. Gen 8 to be released next year would be called rushing. Quality game>rushed.
Lemoncat, honestly I see no reason for other Gen 7 game. USUM are last Gen 7 games.

agreed that there is no reason for gen 7 games again. The only thing I could see would be, since it's on a different system, if they went all extreme and tried adding multiple regions or one SUPER region type deal. It'd take much longer to make though in that case, I'd think, so even then 2018 seems to early for that.

CMButch

agreed that there is no reason for gen 7 games again. The only thing I could see would be, since it's on a different system, if they went all extreme and tried adding multiple regions or one SUPER region type deal. It'd take much longer to make though in that case, I'd think, so even then 2018 seems to early for that.

Only Gen 7-ish thing they would do next year or early 2019 are: games like Mystery Dungeon/Pokken/Smash Bros where doesn't go under main games section. More like Spin-off stuff.When it comes to main games: Finito.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
As much as I would love that, I believe that's stretching it. I doubt SM will be 4 years. It'll probably be 3 years with a "filler arc" in its final year.

I think you're right.. I want Sun and Moon to last longer =[
But it doesnt seem likely at this point.. We'll see

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Guys, I have a suspiction. If there's going to be new Pokemon (like Lycanroc's Dusk Form) and Ultra Beasts in USUM, I believe we could have another legendary Pokemon at the same level of Solgaleo and Lunala.

Just like Rockruff evolves to Midday or Midnight Form depending of the time, maybe it will be revealed a new form of evolution for Cosmog/Comoem. My idea?, it could be a Pokemon that look like a Chimera (a lion with wings), just like Lycanroc's Dusk Form is basically the Midday Form with traces from the Midnight Form. And since the anime's version of Nebby seems to be the "son" of Solgaleo and Lunala, it would be appropiated if Nebby ends up evolving in this potential new form.

What do you think?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Guys, I have a suspiction. If there's going to be new Pokemon (like Lycanroc's Dusk Form) and Ultra Beasts in USUM, I believe we could have another legendary Pokemon at the same level of Solgaleo and Lunala.

Just like Rockruff evolves to Midday or Midnight Form depending of the time, maybe it will be revealed a new form of evolution for Cosmog/Comoem. My idea?, it could be a Pokemon that look like a Chimera (a lion with wings), just like Lycanroc's Dusk Form is basically the Midday Form with traces from the Midnight Form. And since the anime's version of Nebby seems to be the "son" of Solgaleo and Lunala, it would be appropiated if Nebby ends up evolving in this potential new form.

What do you think?

They've already kinda got that covered with the new Necrozma formes. And since Solgaleo/Lunala are thought to be a male/female evolution pair like the Nidorans, there's not really much expectation of a third possibilty

CMButch

What do you think?

Doubt we will see anything Pokemon related except UB's , new Alolan forms and maybe some Mega Pokemon ( maybe Gen 2).Honestly, as long as there are new Pokemon, I am on the boat.

Leonhart

Imagineer

I don't think the Aether Foundation plot in SM can be considered early, though. It took a year for this subplot to finally be introduced, which is a long time even by the anime's standards. I do expect things to kick into overdrive now that we're a month away from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, however.