• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't believe that the new Switch title is coming out next year. It would be quite rushed if that happens. And, the Switch is partially a home console. It would take longer to release games for a home console than a handheld.

TheWanderingMist

I did it but it's all in Japanese.

Can't help you there, but I know at least that the Ultra Wormholes won't exclusively house UBs, but also other Legendaries. Which probably means those holes in ORAS were Ultra Wormholes...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
with the new interview came up :( now i kinda Believe SM will end in 2018 , hope there break but consider they want make more money i kinda expected main game (obviously gen 8 new console new gen) came in end 2018

As expected, once they first said 2018 it should have been long accepted that SM will end in 2018. I mean they rush right through the trials for crying out loud, that's evidence enough.

Can't help you there, but I know at least that the Ultra Wormholes won't exclusively house UBs, but also other Legendaries. Which probably means those holes in ORAS were Ultra Wormholes...

No, those were Hoopa rings.

ShadowForce720

As expected, once they first said 2018 it should have been long accepted that SM will end in 2018. I mean they rush right through the trials for crying out loud, that's evidence enough.

No, those were Hoopa rings.

We don't know how the pacing will be because if you look at the other series some had moments where they went really fast at the beginning and then slowed down a lot at the end or did the reverse, so just because it's going fast now does not mean it will keep going at that pace for the rest of the series. Also they did not say that Switch games were coming out in 2018, they said they were coming out in 2018 or later meaning that they could come out in 2018, 2019 or even 2020.

But is incorrect to assume that it's confirmed that the games are coming out in 2018 when that hasn't been confirmed. Right now it's better to assume that there coming out in 2019 that way people won't be that disappointed if 2018 is a break year, as the problem with saying that we should assume that the games are coming out in 2018 is that if it winds up being a break year instead people will get all salty saying that oh Gamefreak said or promise that it was coming out in 2018, when Gamefreak neither said nor promise that as they said it is coming out 2018 or later.

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Okay...there are version exclusive Pokes

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/stat...src^tfw&ref_url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/

I know version exclusives have never been an issue for the Show, but what I'm curious about is if some of those pre-Aoloa Pokemon and/or their lines will get an episode in the spotlight. Like Manectric and/or Houndoom getting some focus (with Mega-Evolutions?), or an episode about fossil Pokemon. Maybe more field trips to other regions :confused: (that's a lot of Isshu pokes...)

I'm probably being stupid again, but I sometimes I wonder...

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/stat...src^tfw&ref_url=http://www.serebiiforums.com/

I know version exclusives have never been an issue for the Show, but what I'm curious about is if some of those pre-Aoloa Pokemon and/or their lines will get an episode in the spotlight. Like Manectric and/or Houndoom getting some focus (with Mega-Evolutions?), or an episode about fossil Pokemon. Maybe more field trips to other regions:confused:

I hope not, some Alola Pokemon like Cutiefly and Ribombee have just been background characters so far. And others like Passimian, Jangmo-o, Aquaranid, Sandshrew and Drampa have yet to appear. I'd much rather see the new Pokemon get an episode over older Pokemon, not the other way around.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I know version exclusives have never been an issue for the Show, but what I'm curious about is if some of those pre-Aoloa Pokemon and/or their lines will get an episode in the spotlight. Like Manectric and/or Houndoom getting some focus (with Mega-Evolutions?), or an episode about fossil Pokemon. Maybe more field trips to other regions:confused:

Given that these are previous generation Pokémon, there's honestly no reason for any of them to get a spotlight episode—especially when there are still Gen VII Pokémon that need spotlight episodes. We may start seeing these Pokémon appear in the background more often, or the main cast may encounter Trainers who have these Pokémon, but I don't expect much beyond that.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
We don't know how the pacing will be because if you look at the other series some had moments where they went really fast at the beginning and then slowed down a lot at the end or did the reverse, so just because it's going fast now does not mean it will keep going at that pace for the rest of the series. Also they did not say that Switch games were coming out in 2018, they said they were coming out in 2018 or later meaning that they could come out in 2018, 2019 or even 2020.

But is incorrect to assume that it's confirmed that the games are coming out in 2018 when that hasn't been confirmed. Right now it's better to assume that there coming out in 2019 that way people won't be that disappointed if 2018 is a break year, as the problem with saying that we should assume that the games are coming out in 2018 is that if it winds up being a break year instead people will get all salty saying that oh Gamefreak said or promise that it was coming out in 2018, when Gamefreak neither said nor promise that as they said it is coming out 2018 or later.

Yeah. I believe that Gen 8 is coming out in 2019. They never said the game is coming out in 2018. They said "2018 or later" but people leave out the last part because Switch owners want a Pokemon main series game for the system ASAP.

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I just can't see a generation being SO short.

What's more, a console game takes (a lot?) more work than a handheld.
Unless, of course, it's short, shallow, and simple--or a buggy, glitchy mess.

And I doubt many people want either of those for the Main Series' first console outing...

So unless they've been working on it well before they announced it, this whole "released in 2018" thing just won't work.
No matter how much PokeFans don't want a year between (main) games.

TheWanderingMist

Black and White and their sequels were also released about a year and a half apart, yet that series lasted 3 years. It is highly unlikely that SM will only last 2 years given everything they still have to explore.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Just as long as we don't get DA 2.0

well, since usum is supposedly twice as long as sm, they'll probably have a lot of content to cover

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Plus thw class will go to other regions

I still think that with all the hints we're getting DP remakes and quite possibly an extended fieldtrip to Sinnoh.

Also, I think there'll be a lot more continuity/interdimensional cameos with the Ultra Wormhole travels/seeing old legendaries/companions.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I still think that with all the hints we're getting DP remakes and quite possibly an extended fieldtrip to Sinnoh.

Except that USUM are confirmed to be the last 3DS games.

Even if we're getting remakes, it's not gonna be this Gen.

Hoennking

The datamine of Ultra sun and moon. Should reveal the event Pokemon of movie 21

Marshadow and ash pikachu was revealed in datamine. Let's see no mythical Pokemon left. Let's see

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Except that USUM are confirmed to be the last 3DS games.

Even if we're getting remakes, it's not gonna be this Gen.

"With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon," explains Ohmori, "we’ve tried to eke that out more and really, really push the system to its absolute limits, and we’re now feeling that perhaps this is the maximum of what we can get out. So we’re really treating Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as the culmination of our work with the 3DS system."

Idk, I mean they don't blatantly say that USUM are the last 3DS games. What I think is going to happen is that we get either an Emerald situation while they're making the Switch game (namely that DP remakes come out on 3DS next year and Switch comes out in 2019, or the Switch is USUM (as we saw on that leak in June).

Sinnoh, when it came out, was hyped up and hinted to since the second AG Movie. If they're doing intra-regional fieldtrips, there's no reason not to go hype it up some more (or heck, even the gen 8 region).