• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UltraSun and UltraMoon effect on the anime

DatsRight

If they continued the regional trips I wouldn't be surprised if they went straight to Hoenn and those cameos were actually meant to be it for Johto. Johto was combined into the OS with Kanto and there's not much else to represent for the region anime-wise besides the team's Gen 2 Pokemon.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
If they continued the regional trips I wouldn't be surprised if they went straight to Hoenn and those cameos were actually meant to be it for Johto. Johto was combined into the OS with Kanto and there's not much else to represent for the region anime-wise besides the team's Gen 2 Pokemon.

With movies 20 and 21 having Legendary Johto Pokemon in staring roles I can see the regional trip to Johto involving those two like the class going to the Burnt Tower and Whirl Islands.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Charicific Valley was never mentioned at all. The Squirtle Squad and Totodile were only there as cameos for nostalgic reasons.

it was briefly seen during ash's flashback

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Give the Johto region the love it deserves! Stop lumping it in with Kanto! Johto is aesthetically far more interesting. Besides, literally all female traveling companions except Misty (who we've already seen) and Serena (Hoenn) currently have their last known whereabouts be there. Also, my favorite Gym Leader is in that region and if they brought her back for Decolora, they can bring her back for a regional trip.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't quite see why Satoshi and his classmates would need to visit another region for UltraSun and UltraMoon promo purposes. I'd rather see them visit a different island in Alola so that they can meet the remaining Gen VII Pokemon and characters that haven't debuted thus far.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I’m beigging to wonder if at some point, Nebby comes back at the same time Necrozma does. I’m definitely interested to see Necrozma fuse with Solgaleo in the anime and what Ash’s reaction would be.

One of the biggest problems I had with Best Wishes is that they did not have Kyurem appear in the actual anime and had it fuse with either Reshiram or Zekrom. Black and White 2 were my favorite games for a while before Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon came along so I hope we will see either Dusk Mane Necrozma or Dawn Wings Necrozma and quite possibly Ultra Necrozma.

I was kind of underwhelmed by how little was changed. I was also sad about no kanto region. These games are just not too much worth it,and rainbow rocket along with every legendary is all they have going for them.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Give the Johto region the love it deserves! Stop lumping it in with Kanto! Johto is aesthetically far more interesting. Besides, literally all female traveling companions except Misty (who we've already seen) and Serena (Hoenn) currently have their last known whereabouts be there. Also, my favorite Gym Leader is in that region and if they brought her back for Decolora, they can bring her back for a regional trip.
There's nothing really to do in Johto. And, Johto is pretty much incomplete without Kanto. Hoenn, however, has a bunch of stuff to do there.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I was kind of underwhelmed by how little was changed. I was also sad about no kanto region. These games are just not too much worth it,and rainbow rocket along with every legendary is all they have going for them.
You were begging to be disappointed if you were expecting to go to two regions in this game tbh, especially considering vanilla SM pushed the 3DS to its limits. There's no way they could have managed that without one or (probably) both of the regions being severely stripped down and bare bones. Although I will throw in that, despite that, USM still had more changes to SM than Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.

As much as I love the SM games, even I think they were hindered by the 3DS being outdated technology.

However this is not the thread to be discussing how we felt about the games.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I will have to say USUM has accomplished one thing in anime no other third game has ever done before which is having effect on Ash's team.