• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Um...my team =b

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
I am posting the set I used for the Elite 4. I will list "/" between moves that I switch out from time to time. Any comments, please let me know.

Zoroark: Quiet @Focus Sash : Night Daze, Shadowball, U-turn, Flamethrower/Focus Blast
Dewott: Adamant @Eviolite : Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Return, Waterfall/Razor Shell/ Aqua Jet
Haxorus: Adamant Moldbreaker@Lum Berry/Leftovers : Outrage, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Brick Break*
Ferrothorn : Brave @leftovers : Curse, Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Power Whip/Explosion
Beartic: Jolly @Berry** : Icicle Crash, Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Shadow Claw/Giga Impact
Victini: Quiet @Sitrus Berry/Leftovers : Searing Shot, Psychic/Zen Headbutt, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt/Flare Blitz

Victini in the last slot, so that when I lead with Zoroark, I can throw out Flamethrowers and Shadowballs without it looking suspicious. After beating the Elite 4, I switched Victini for Drifblim. Drifblim is the last thing that anyone would throw a fighting attack at, and it also works great as a lead if I want to switch things up. And I switch out Ferrothorn for Bisharp.

Drifblim: Modest, Unburden@Sitrus Berry : Shadowball, Ominous/Silver Wind, Stockpile, Baton Pass

Bisharp: Adamant @Quick Claw : Iron Head, Stone Edge, Night Slash, Aerial Ace

*Haxorus only has Brick Break until I breed one with Iron Tail
**Berry depends on availability, but they are usual attack-weakening

Note: I copied and pasted this from a different thread, so please don't give me crap over it! But I'm just getting into competitive battling, so I know I need a lot of work, and any advice or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Please post your team properly like this:

Pokemon @Item Nature
~Move
~Move
~Move
~Move

celestial phantom

I'll give it a shot to help. So first off I should point out that due to team preview in wifi and at the championships for competitive battling the idea of zoroark being a surprise is kinda wasted unless you know you can pull it off but really you might as well switch shadow ball for grass knot to give you better coverage and since victini can learn it you may pass it off just as well. Your haxorus, victini, and beartic sets look fine. Ferrothorn looks great as well but I would say if you can breed to get it leech seed to help survive a longer over stealth rock then that can work but it is fine as is. Unfortunately I can't really say anything about dewott unless i know whether you'd be willing to change it. Hope this help, and it would be great if you knew what ev's your pokemon have that would help knowing what works to your specified sets.

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
I'll give it a shot to help. So first off I should point out that due to team preview in wifi and at the championships for competitive battling the idea of zoroark being a surprise is kinda wasted unless you know you can pull it off but really you might as well switch shadow ball for grass knot to give you better coverage and since victini can learn it you may pass it off just as well. Your haxorus, victini, and beartic sets look fine. Ferrothorn looks great as well but I would say if you can breed to get it leech seed to help survive a longer over stealth rock then that can work but it is fine as is. Unfortunately I can't really say anything about dewott unless i know whether you'd be willing to change it. Hope this help, and it would be great if you knew what ev's your pokemon have that would help knowing what works to your specified sets.

Thank you very much for your advice. The thing with Dewott is that he's kinda like an homage to Croconaw, which is my all-time favorite. I'm open to any suggestions tho, other than evolving him =b...Since I'm running him with Eviolite and with a physical set, he's already bulkier, and after one SD, hits harder than Samurott.

I'm new to competitive battling...I actually just picked Pokemon back up a little over a year ago after not playing since 04-05, and battling is so vastly different than it used to be. I love wi-fi play, and I really want to improve competitively. So things like the Zorark tip, I would have never thought of because I don't know rules like that.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.