• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Umbreon help!

MetaNite

Hello! I'm new to these forums and competitive battling.

Umbreon is my favorite PKmon but I don't know how good he is.

Bold Nature
252 Sp. Def Evs/252 HP Evs/4 Sp. Evs

-Dark Pulse
-Toxic
-Moonlight
-Charm

My Umbreon has been doing okay, but I want to know if I can make him better. Is there any recommended Umbreon moveset? I'm willing to EV train all over again.

Umbreons my favorite poke.

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
There is a single rates thread at the top of the forum. But since I'm here...

Umbreon@Leftovers
Calm; 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Speed

Wish
Taunt
Mean Look
Baton Pass

Trap with Mean Look, then Baton Pass the trapped status of the enemy to something that can kill it off. Wishpasses, as well, and Taunt prevents Statboosting or the use of Roar / Whirlwind.

chip2828@gmail.com

official PWNAGE
deff drop dark pulse, umbreon is misrable speacial attac

MetaNite

Sorry this is in the wrong section.

Dark Pulse is very good against most sweeping psychics, and just incase of tuant.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
There is a single rates thread at the top of the forum. But since I'm here...

Umbreon@Leftovers
Calm; 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 Speed

Wish
Taunt
Mean Look
Baton Pass

Trap with Mean Look, then Baton Pass the trapped status of the enemy to something that can kill it off. Wishpasses, as well, and Taunt prevents Statboosting or the use of Roar / Whirlwind.

Don't forget about Yawn, which makes your set up more easily.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
i reccomend this:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm, 252 spec def, 252 hp, 6 speed
Protect
Toxic
Moonlight
Swagger

Dusknoirish, i know, but its also good for umbreon.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
i reccomend this:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Calm, 252 spec def, 252 hp, 6 speed
Protect
Toxic
Moonlight
Swagger

Dusknoirish, i know, but its also good for umbreon.

How is that like Dusknoir (where are Painsplit+WoW/Restalk and Elemental Punches, EQ orShadow Sneak/), and more importantly, how is it good? Looks like free Hera set up to me.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Umbreon is a novelty poke at best, Wish, its base defenses and Synchronize is all it has going for it really. Movepool is extremely limited, and its base attacks are miserable

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold or Impish/ Calm or Careful (whichever you need and/or get 1st)
252 HP, whatever in Def and S.Def
- Toxic/ Baton Pass
- Yawn
- Protect
- Wish

Gets alot of lulz, especially on incoming Ape, Lucario, Non-Sleep Talk Heracross, Non-Guts and/or Sleep Talk Machamp, requires alot of prediction to pull off though and doesnt do much else outside of that, works well for phazing. Mean Look is overrated too as people will instinctively switch out to something that can OHKO umbreon as you Mean Look, then you switch out before you can Baton Pass the trap status or risk being OHKOed in the attempt

A wall annoyer would be

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold/ Impish
252 HP, 224 Spd, 32 Def
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Screws over slower, non-Steel or Poison walls pretty easily, it can also stop DD Tar, Gyarados and most notably Breloom if they decide to switch in. However this is perfect Heracross/ Lucario bait and free switch in/set up, Also with the abundant amounts of Aromatheraphy Blissey and Heal Bell Celebi, this set just looks nice on paper same with the above set.

Might as well just forget about Umbreon altogether if you ask me

Last edited:

MetaNite

Last question. Sorry, I just thought of this idea.

If I had my Umbreon holding a Toxic Orb, then the opponent would also get posioned because of Synchronize. I wouldn't normally do this, but what if I gave Umbreon the move Facade? Then wouldn't its power be 140 and Umbreon could actually do some damage?

Toxic orb could also save a moveslot.

kittenpie

tuna casserole
try this:
1. mean look
2. toxic
3. batton pass
4. wish
its an ok stalling moveset for taking out beefy walls/tanks (not including skarmory who walls it outright) and also for team healing, as batton pass keeps mean look in play. try it. :].

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
Mean Look--signature move
Baton Pass--so you can set up a better poke
Toxic--duh
I would prefer Rest because it cures a foe's toxic.

Of course, confuse ray is a good way to stall opponents while toxic is working its magic.

Boost its defense primarily--this does not fix the heracross problem, but you won't be sending it out against heracross anyway.

MetaNite

Okay, thanks...

But you think this will work? If I had my Umbreon holding a Toxic Orb, then the opponent would also get posioned because of Synchronize. I wouldn't normally do this, but what if I gave Umbreon the move Facade? Then wouldn't its power be 140 and Umbreon could actually do some damage?

Toxic orb could also save a moveslot.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
You lose HP thanks to the Poison regardless, which defeats Umbreon's purpose as a wall, its Attack stat is just so low theres no point in even trying to salvage it either