• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

umbreon or espeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darkdrago88

should I get an espeon or an umbreon? plz give me an answer:snowlax:

F

Frost85

well for one you must realize that you cant acutally get Umbreon or Espeon in Fire Red or Leaf Green. you have to take their eggs (after you're able to breed 'n stuff) over to ruby 'n saphire and have them evolve there. which in that case sucks because that means that you can never have a truely powerful umbreon or espeon on Fr/Lg because they'll be "traded" pokemon if you take them back

D

darkdrago88

i'm talking about getting eevee eggs on FIREDRED and raising them on FIREDRED for use in battle tower

W

Wolfstalker

Umbreon is better IMO cause it has awesome defense and good tanking abilities.Espeon has sweeping abilities but a poor movepool.Go wit umbreon he or she is betta.Still IMO

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
I like Espeon better, myself. The Espyjump set makes for a fabulous tank/Passer. Throw on Bite/HP:Special and/or Morning Sun if you need it to hold its own. (I don't use Umbreon so much because of its not-so-nice movepool.)

Espyjump@Leftovers:
Calm, 196HP/152SpDef/160Spd
-Synchronize
Psychic
Substitute
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

Espeon@Leftovers:
Calm, 252SpAtk/160HP/46SpDef/46Spd roughly
-Synchronize
Psychic
Bite/HP:Special
Calm Mind
Morning Sun/Sub/Pass

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
Gonna move this to RMT, since it relates to you choosing a member of your team...

H

Hukuzo

In my opinion, umbreon's better and cooler. You need to trade over your eevee to R/S/E then get its happiness maxed and it will evolve into umbreon during the day.
A good moveset is
Confuse Ray
Moonlight
Faint Attack
Toxic
and make it hold leftovers.
It's the most annoying thing to fight.

Rudoku

Your mom
darkdrago88 said:
should I get an espeon or an umbreon? plz give me an answer:snowlax:
Umbreon sucks in-game. So use Espeon if you're so pressed to use one. But really, get Vaporeon or Jolteon (they don't suck ingame). If you don't listen to anything else I say, don't listen to Hukuzo's set. That's the classic Turdbreon that every newbie uses and thinks it's "original".

wozfe

Marsh Trainer
faint attack isnt very good with 60 base power and with umbreons bad attack.I'd give him body slam for chance of paralysing and then bite for a chance of flinch, along with confuse ray and moonlight.

G

gbaspthomasraven

actually you need to evolve
eevee in to
espeon=day
and
umbreon=night
or trade it from colisseam or ruby or saphire or emerald

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
umbreon is pointless in game as it's most effective moveset contains no direct attacks

(wish/mean look/baton pass/taunt FYI)

Volteon

Back I guess??
umbreon is better, but I like jolteon more (.)_(.)
...........don´t ask me why.................;135; ^..^

S

S:C

Jolteon ^..^ said:
I like jolteon more (.)_(.)
...........don´t ask me why.................;135; ^..^
We neet not. XD

Anyways, Espeon actually has a use InGame, and like 0mastar said, Umbreon doesn't. There's your answer. Espeon works like a wonder InGame.

EDIT: What the hell was I thinking when I said that earlier?

Last edited by a moderator:

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
What's the point of Espyjump ingame? :confused:

Last edited:
N

NickTheDude

Jolteon is the best , It and dragonite have been my favorite ever since I first started playing pokemon games. If I had to chose though from Umbreon and Espy I would chose Espy cuz like whats Umbrie's best attack bite.lol. Even though Umbeon looks cooler Espy is better.

Espeon @ lefties
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Morning Sun
- Dont know someother Special In - Game attack.

EspyJump is better but not for In - Game IMO.

But I say Jolteon is really the best. something like this

- HP[Grass] - It's a good atempt to destroy those grounds etc.
- Thunderbolt - For Stab
- Agility
- Baton Pass

Thats a good Jolty ^_^.

D

daddysgirl4ufosho

Eesspppppeeeoooooonnnnn!!!!!!!!she Is So Cute And Cool;196; ;196;

Blazichu

Nintendo WII>>>You
I'll choose Espeon coz it has better sp:atk and speed,movepoll,strong attacks and its cuter!!!!

lime_green_hero

The Dancing Cactus
Espion would be my chioce, very good with calm mind and psychic, but it really depends on your team. Do you need a tank or special sweeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.