• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Umbreon

FireTrainer92

The Point of Origin
I need a moveset for him can you help me out please?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Needs more Smogon imo.

Not sure if this set is on Smogon, but here's one:

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Synchronize
- Baton Pass
- Mean Look
- Toxic
- Moonlight / Wish

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
What a coincidence. Two Umbreon threads in two days. =\

Reminds me of an Umbreon guide I did once, so let's just do some copypasta:

Umbreon @Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Mean Look
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Toxic/Taunt

Umbreon is a cool and popular Eeveelution. But one mistake that many new trainers make is teaching it attacks like Bite and Faint Attack, hoping to turn it into an attacker. However, this won't work since Umbreon's Attack and Special Attack stats are very bad.

Instead, take advantage of Umbreon's excellent defenses and use it as a support Pokémon. Umbreon is the only Pokémon that can learn the awesome Mean Look + Baton Pass combo. Use Mean Look to trap the opponent and use Baton Pass to transfer the trapping effect to another Pokémon on your team. Mean Look won't work if you switch out, but it will still work if you use Baton Pass. If you use this correctly, you can guarantee defeating at least one Pokémon on the opponent's team. For example, if Umbreon Mean Looks a Charizard, you can Baton Pass to a Water-type. Charizard can't switch out, so it can't do anything to prevent your Water-type from KOing it.

Umbreon is great with healing moves and Wish is one of the best. Not only does Wish heal itself, but it can also be used to heal other Pokémon on the team. You don't need to Baton Pass it. Simply switch out after using Wish and it will automatically heal the next Pokémon that comes in. Moonlight is also a good healing move, but not quite as useful as Wish since it can't heal other team members and it also loses effectiveness during Rain Dance.

Taunt is there because any Pokémon with Roar or Whirlwind will screw up Umbreon's Mean Look + Baton Pass strategy. Taunt prevents the opponent from using non-damaging moves like Roar/Whirlwind, but it only lasts for two turns so be prepared to Baton Pass right after.
Toxic is for in-game where Taunt is less useful due to no opponent using phazing moves.

Beware of Heracross, Machamp, and other strong Fighting-types. But other than that, Umbreon's great defenses and healing abilities will make it tough to take down.

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
Mean look + Ingame = pretty useless

Impish@leftovers
- Baton Pass / Toxic
- Substitute
- Wish
- Curse

I like this set because when you need to wish-pass you can use curse so the Pokemon needing heeling will get healed without getting damaged because Umbreon will be really slow. But a big problem with this strategy is that the Pokemon being passed to will become slower. Toxic is an option if you want to stall, but i wouldn't recomend that really. If you REALLY want a attack move make sure it is physical (preferably Return/Shadow Ball) because although Umbreon's attacks sucks it will get a phys. boost from curse, so it's ATK. won't be TOO bad for ingame.

Reno

so adorable...
Mean look + Ingame = pretty useless

Impish@leftovers
- Baton Pass / Toxic
- Substitute
- Wish
- Curse

mean look rocks ingame! you mean look them then toxic them, they are powerless to stop you unless, they are a blissey with aromatherapy/heal bell.

and also, if your set dosnt have toxic, what damage can it do? nothing. lets say something mean looked you? what could you do? nothing. apart from set up a sbstitute then wish yourself to full health, it would be a stall war.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I agree Umbreon is the only pokémon that can learn both Mean Look and Baton Pass. And it is the best pokémon that can Baton Pass traps. But it isn't the only one. Ariados can learn Spider Web and Baton Pass. But Ariados has no defences so probably cannot trap and baton pass out.

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
Aldred FellBlade said:
mean look rocks ingame! you mean look them then toxic them, they are powerless to stop you unless, they are a blissey with aromatherapy/heal bell.
They don't switch enough to sacrifice a move slot for Mean Look.

Aldred FellBlade said:
and also, if your set dosnt have toxic, what damage can it do? nothing. lets say something mean looked you? what could you do? nothing. apart from set up a sbstitute then wish yourself to full health, it would be a stall war.
That doesn't happen enough to worry about either.

Ang also, everyone can stop saying the Pokemon that learn Mean Look/Spider Web and Baton Pass. If others can't figure it out for themselves.....well.... who can't figure that out?

Overheat Hothead

Custom User Title
It deeply sadens me that you people have chased away the GOOD RMTers like Fighting_Master, Tazzler and Nightcat away from Ingame team rates :(

I guess i am the only one here who knows that an EV doesn't have to do with Eevee

Reno

so adorable...
ermm, F_M still rates ingame to my knowledge.

on topic-ok then, a more common stop to your set. steel pokemon. if you have toxic over baton pass, you cant do any damge.

Reno

so adorable...
switch

it isn't a big deal to sacrifice curses and subs plus you can pass on a wish
you can pass a wish just by switching. and umbreon is pretty useless without meanlook and toxic, due to the fact in the BF, trainers do switch.

[Kingdra];5414703 said:
F_M doesnt like in-game team rates.
he still rates them though. but yeh, he prfers competeitive