• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ummm can you tell me whats wrong

Pichu_fan

[Insert Joke Here]
this is horrible!! i tried myself at weird style art and i got nothing good......
weird.png
i told you

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
If you know that it is bad, then why are you posting it? I think the head is a little misplaced and the feet don't look very good. The outlining isn't very good either. Also, part of the tail isn't even connected to the body.

Pichu_fan

[Insert Joke Here]
why thank you im flattered

it needs the outline to be better and i feet, there just, deformed, work on that and post what it looks like after

Jason Park

The Steel Master
One thing I can tell right off the bet is that its feet don't look lke they are solidly standing on ground.

What I usually do it to draw a grid underneath to represent ground/floor. But it's not really easy to explain in words (especially when I'm not good at explaining. @.@)

Don't let others discourage you! Keep drawing and you will get better! :)

eeveerose

Its head is out of place, and the outlining is not the best i have seen, no offense, sorry but its the truth
try nto put its head in the right place next time lol jk jk and maybe make the outline darker, so its not like that

Last edited:

blazikenBAM

alittlestitious
^that's a bit extreme don't you think?

i wouldn't go as far as to say it "sucks" but i will provide some critique.

i'm ot sure how you made this (tablet, mouse, etc), but the lineart needs work. make your lines as fluid as possible and really focus on anatomy. if the anatomy is correct, just the lineart a little choppy, a lot of imperfections can be overlooked.

as stated, the tail isn't attached. i'm not sure why it isn't, but it really should be. extend the line from the left (our left) edge of the tail down to connect it to the body.

finally the proportions are a bit off. the "hat" is a little small height wise and the legs are quite stiff and thick. really study the official art, if you really want to duplicate it.

good job so far, just keep working on it.

KetchupO

tωisted
f you know that it is bad, then why are you posting it? I think the head is a little misplaced and the feet don't look very good. The outlining isn't very good either. Also, part of the tail isn't even connected to the body.

He/she posted it to see how he/she could improve.

As mentioned the head should be placed a little farther back, the tail shouldn't be disconnected to the body and the feet need to look sturdy and set on something solid.
The shadings ok, but you should work on the line art the most.
I think if you get the line art correct, you'll make a great pic no problem ^^

keep at it and don't let others discourage you.

YellowHat

The Anticool
If you know that it is bad, then why are you posting it?

Seriously. Threads like this just clutter up the forums. -_-

It almost looks like you were going for some kind of WindWakeresque style. You know, like the cell shading in the Zelda game?

Spookz

Lumos
To comment without repeating what others have said- the feet appear as if they have been drawn looking straight on, but the body is clearly drawn at a side angle. To fix this, tuck the left leg behind the right slightly. If (for future reference) you draw the subject facing the right, then tuck the right leg behind the left.