• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UMvC3 Thread

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
This is the UMvC3 thread! Here you can talk about what characters you like to use, your game strategy, tips on how to play as certain characters, and everything in between! So start talking!

My favorite character is Morrigan. She is really good at zoning, and at rushdown. Plus she's got a really good assist!

My least favorite character is Arthur. He's basically a build for projectile spamming, because most of his moves are mainly projectiles. At least Doctor Strange isn't seen around online.

I've been meaning to get into UMvC3 for so long now, its just been sitting on my shelf collecting dust. When I do play my team is Zero, Dante and Dark Vergil, standard Zero may cry I know but I love these characters!

The most frustrating teams to play against are the ones built around Morrigan with Doom's hidden missile assist, when she gets up a mirror and starts spamming fireballs it can be a pain to get in, you have to think about every super jump normal jump and teleport if you make one wrong move you will eat a lot of damage from them fireballs.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I was going to get this game but Capcom released the Ultimate version 5 months after the original version was released.

That put me off buying the game for a while then Capcom went downhill as a gaming company and I refused to buy anything from them anymore.

Plus I heard that that the games has some on disk DLC and is really bare bones.

Last edited:

frogofdoom555

I've been meaning to get into UMvC3 for so long now, its just been sitting on my shelf collecting dust. When I do play my team is Zero, Dante and Dark Vergil, standard Zero may cry I know but I love these characters!

The most frustrating teams to play against are the ones built around Morrigan with Doom's hidden missile assist, when she gets up a mirror and starts spamming fireballs it can be a pain to get in, you have to think about every super jump normal jump and teleport if you make one wrong move you will eat a lot of damage from them fireballs.

I use Morrigan, but I put her in the second position and I have Spiderman on point and Strider in the anchor position.

MonkeyX

I really suck at this game but I've been trying to get better, just gotta keep practicing I guess. I use Captain America/Vergil/Sentinel I might replace Vergil, I'm not sure with who though.

frogofdoom555

I really suck at this game but I've been trying to get better, just gotta keep practicing I guess. I use Captain America/Vergil/Sentinel I might replace Vergil, I'm not sure with who though.

What order do you use them in? I might be able to give you some tips.

frogofdoom555

That same order, Cap on point, Vergil second to use the hyper meter Cap built, and Sentinel last for his awesome assist and to abuse Lvl 3 X-Factor.

If you're looking to switch Vergil, i'd suggest putting Sentinel second and someone like Strider on Anchor. If you train well, Level 3 X-Factor Ouroboros Strider will kill.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
I really like this game, but I'm not too good at it. I made it to 9th lord, I mean I know how things work and which combos to do, but actually executing them especially online is a different story. And using Phoenix Wright and Iron Man can get discouraging at times, but I'm trying to get better.

I'm a Phoenix Wright fan so I supported his inclusion in Ultimate and of course was ecstatic when he was revealed, so he has to be in my team.

My team is:
Phoenix Wright - Get 'em Missle!
Iron Man - Repulsor Blast
I'm trying to find a good 3rd character that I like, I've been switching out Frank West, Chris Redfield, Ryu and Captain America.

I also kind of wanted to learn Rocket Raccoon, Doctor Strange and the Hulk.

MonkeyX

If you're looking to switch Vergil, i'd suggest putting Sentinel second and someone like Strider on Anchor. If you train well, Level 3 X-Factor Ouroboros Strider will kill.

I've seen how awesome Lvl 3 Ouroboros is, but I don't really like Strider, he's too fragile, kinda hard to use, and doesn't do a whole lot of damage I don't think that's a very good character for someone who's not very good. Sentinel on the other hand does a ton of damage with Lvl 3 X-Factor, hyper Sentinel drones works well with it.

@Short Wing: I'd love to learn Phoenix Wright myself, someday when I'm not terrible I'm totally going to use him. For a third character I you might want a good assist to cover Wright when he gathers evidence, unless repulsor blast can do that, I'm not sure.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
@Short Wing: I'd love to learn Phoenix Wright myself, someday when I'm not terrible I'm totally going to use him. For a third character I you might want a good assist to cover Wright when he gathers evidence, unless repulsor blast can do that, I'm not sure.
Thanks.
Yeah, I've been using repulsor blast as an anti-air for collecting evidence since Maya protects the front. But I've been thinking a beam might be better, I have to see which is more useful.

@MonkeyX
And if you're interested in trying Wright this is a great guide.
I also agree that Strider isn't good for people who aren't all that great at the game yet. What using about a good beam assist character? This video has a great Cap and Sentinel paired with Iron Man's Unibeam.

Last edited:

MonkeyX

Thanks.
Yeah, I've been using repulsor blast as an anti-air for collecting evidence since Maya protects the front. But I've been thinking a beam might be better, I have to see which is more useful.

@MonkeyX
And if you're interested in trying Wright this is a great guide.
I also agree that Strider isn't good for people who aren't all that great at the game yet. What using about a good beam assist character? This video has a great Cap and Sentinel paired with Iron Man's Unibeam.

A good beam assist would probably come in handy, but there aren't any characters I'm particularly interested in using that has one. Iron Man, Magneto and Dr. Doom are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, I've thought about using Doom, but I found his air dash/footdive combos hard to pull off, but maybe I just need to put more practice into it.

frogofdoom555

I've seen how awesome Lvl 3 Ouroboros is, but I don't really like Strider, he's too fragile, kinda hard to use, and doesn't do a whole lot of damage I don't think that's a very good character for someone who's not very good. Sentinel on the other hand does a ton of damage with Lvl 3 X-Factor, hyper Sentinel drones works well with it.

A good assist will help, and 2 great ones are Doom's Hidden Missiles, and Rocket Raccoon's Pendulum assist.

Born Better

God of Lightning
Don't have Ultimate nor do I intend to actually get it,but I do have MVC3.

Main team is Deadpool,Super Skrull,and Spiderman/Zero/Morrigan

KnyfeStab

PSN: blakk21
If someone is interested in adding me on PSN so I could get a few online trophies and I will pay you in any 2 pokemon I have. PM me please!

If someone is interested in adding me on PSN so I could get a few online trophies and I will pay you in any 2 pokemon I have. PM me please!

Sorry I only take Digimons :<

Now on topic I fired up this game yesterday and thought I would try to un-rust my execution by doing some of the missions, a few hours later and I managed to complete both Zero's and Spencers missions!

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I didn't buy MVC3 when it was originally released, but I did get the Ultimate version. I like it, but I haven't played it in a few months. Well, yesterday I tried to play it again and it was fun. I suck now, but it's still a fun game. Not like I was ever on a pro level or something, but at least I didn't lose to normal and easy level computers. Oh well.