• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

unable...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt_Jolteon

I WANNA HUG IT! D:
It was probably really busy. If a lot of users access the forums at the same time, they'll get really slow to a point where you can't even get on at all. D:

hIrAm

I wasnt able to get to the forums from 2:00 to now whats going on? please reply back
the forums will sometimes cut out during the day (for me, anyways), and you won't be able to connect to the server for a little while. and yes, it can last all day (as I think you were inferring it has on your end). there isn't really much you can do, unfortunately. a lot of the time, it's because there's an overload of people on the site, due to its popularity, and therefore it sort of "crashes".

edit: and strange that you've been unable to connect to SPPf all day, when today was one of the best days for being able to get on to the site! (on my end of the perspective, anyways)

Last edited:

Star Dust

live let live.
1. Why do the forums experience downtime?
The simple reason is because the server is too busy. Too many people are attempting to connect at once and it overwhelms the server.

2. What exactly is causing this?
When a computer tries to connect to the forums, it basically sends a request to the server, asking to connect and download information. Since the server can only handle so many requests at once, when it's at full capacity, the server simply can't take your request. Your computer will continue to make requests for a given period of time (typically a few minutes to a long time), but when this time is up, your computer will tell you that it can't connect.

Read announcements dude.

XxSaintx

the forums will sometimes cut out during the day (for me, anyways), and you won't be able to connect to the server for a little while. and yes, it can last all day (as I think you were inferring it has on your end). there isn't really much you can do, unfortunately. a lot of the time, it's because there's an overload of people on the site, due to its popularity, and therefore it sort of "crashes".

edit: and strange that you've been unable to connect to SPPf all day, when today was one of the best days for being able to get on to the site! (on my end of the perspective, anyways)
Well i probably could have been on at 5:00 or 6:00 but i was power leveling my character on endless online.

TheLegendObsesser

< I'll be back!
Yeah, the forums crash a lot. It's because they're so popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.