1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Unaired Earthquake Episodes?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by PurpleTitan, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurpleTitan

PurpleTitan King of Unova

Did you know that three episodes of the Pokemon cartoon never aired because of Earthquakes? AG101: Shaking Island Battle was unaired because of the Niigata prefecture Earthquakes, and BW 023 and 024: Team Rocket vs Team Plasma were unaired because of the Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami. However, scenes from the BW saga episodes were reused, one from Part 1 was reused in Meloetta and the Undersea Temple, but in different colours, and the scene with Liepard using HyperBeam on a building in Part 2 was reused in Episode N' s opening. The episodes were all removed from Canon and never seen again.
    So, what do you think? All the info is from Bulbapedia, just look up Banned Episodes. Hopefully the creators learned their lesson.

2. Honeyichigo

Honeyichigo The manliest

Actually, I don't think the Plasma episodes were canned because of the earthquake. There was destruction in that episode, but not from a quake as far as I can tell... on the other hand, they did have the Meteonite turn out to be a miniature sun generator- basically a magic nuclear device. And then, you know, Fukushima happened. And there went those episodes.

3. ☭Azimuth_055☣

☭Azimuth_055☣ Thou enraged?

So it was a coincidence?

4. PurpleTitan

PurpleTitan King of Unova

Wasn't the Fukushima thing caused by the earthquake?

5. randomspot555

randomspot555 Well-Known Member

Pretty certain it was a combination earthquake/tsumani.

6. fitzy909

fitzy909 Just another guy

i don't really know why it was cancelled instead of postponed, but i think it may have made the series better. i'd have preferred it if they ran into team plasma throughout the region, rather than all at once. i think it is one of the reasons this series didn't live up to it's potential, at least in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.