• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Unappreciation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltrex

ThePikachuWooperTeam
I seriously think that this game has some of the best ideas on it. I promise you no other future pokemon hand-held game will
1.Let you battle a trainer based off of Ash/Red
2.Have you travel 2 regions
3.Let your mom keep money at home(i spend alot of money, all the time..)
heck, atleast the mom in that game did something besides sit at home

mekky_9892

No no no. you misunderstand I am not saying that the games were under appreciated or that fans didn't like them but that so many of the pokemon never really got fan appreciation (i.e. when was the last time you heard of someone talking about having a quilfish on their team?)

Maybe Quilfish just... SUCKED!

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Most people on these forums seem to agree that G/S/C was the best generation, and it was, so I don't think it's unnapreciated in that sense.

But yeah, some of the Pokémon are underused. Though occasionally for a very good reason, namely they're crap.

EDIT: Rank up.

booger_face

PokeChef
I completely agree with you. I honestly believe that Second Generation of Pokemon is not only the pinnacle of the series, but also the most defining.

Think about it; Silver (and others) introduced so many aspects that are still used in today's Pokemon games. The Second Generation truly defined the true Pokemon experience.

Kazuki Mirai

Ah yes, it is regarded as the evolution of the franchise in a sense, the storyline is just great! Team Rocket cutting off Slowpoke's tail, forcing evolution, and some parts I forgot. It's just so deep, especially with the stories about the legendary Pokemon.

My most favorite part of this generation is.. Red Gyarados! =D ... Which I failed to caught.

sikorski

pokemon master
i just found the best one from that era on emerald on route somethin theres a 1 in 80,000 chance of findin one and I JUST DID

Nidogod

There's always a group of Pokemon for each gen I always forget about.

In RBY it was Drowzee, Psyduck, Farfetch'd, and Tangela. In GSC Girafarig, Natu, Dunsparce, and Delibird. In RSE it was Nosepass, Mawhile, and Spinda.

All in all, though, I'd say that Tangela and Mawhile are tied for my #1 forgotten Poekmon.

Benny

Johto Master
I feel that Dunsparce and Delibird need a little apreciation. Or atleast some evolutions...Dunsparce sort of disappeared.

If G/S/C is so underappreciated, why are people wanting a remake? Why are Blissey, Skarmory, Heracross and Tyranitar some of the most overused pokemon ever?

Heh...how coincidental. I was thinking of making a pokemon comic, with a running gag being the lameness of Quilfish.

Anyways, a lot of people (until 4th gen) seemed to hate most 2nd gen pokemon. They have some of my favorite designs, actually (I <3 Hoothoot)

MewtwosAdvocate

The Last Supram
I loved the storyline. I loved the novelty of new pokemon. I LOVED 16 gyms and Red being the strongest comp to appear in the series to date. The rival was ideal, unlike the "let's be friends and make a joke out of the concept of rivalry" crap the newer games are employing. I don't want to get along with my rival!

Kaliber

Older Master
I really dislike the 3rd and 4th generation. 2nd generation brought so much to pokemon. 3rd generation ruined almost all of the original 151 and 4th generation has some of the dumbest looking pokemon.

AKA Tangla evo.

Anaya

Synthesis
I beg to differ. Many people, including myself, think that the 2nd generation was like the best region.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
G/S/C is pretty much everyone's favorite era. People disagree over Kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh all the time, but Johto is fairly unanimous.

~Chibi~;249;;448;

Whitby

Dog Man Star
Well, one thing that people have noticed, including myself is...

The Johto games, and the Sinnoh games are extremely similiar... So, it's not like Gold and Silver were forgotten about, because, they recycled a lot of the ideas;

-The day and night sequence
-More methods of evolutions
-Another 2 Eevee evolutions (though it's a little lame that you can't get them until after the National Dex, but, I understand why.)
- There -are- Johto pokemon, you just have to look, ya know?

Well, I think what the problem is, is that people have such a strict opinion on what they want. They want the same exact game as Gold and Silver, however, it's just not going to happen. GameFreaks isn't going to come onto the Serebii forum, and say, "Hey, soandso wants a quillfish, so, we better make a game just like Gold and Silver so they can have that."

And, if they remade Gold and Silver, it'd be a total waste of their time. Why make a game they already made? Well, yeah, they made Fire Red and Leaf Green, but, those games were necassary where as Gold and Silver were not. You can get all the Johto pokemon in other games (of course, this is just their way of getting you to buy more games, thus being a money pit).

However, a lot of features you people miss are actually in the fourth generation. And, I've noticed that, as soon as they recycle these ideas, such as day and night, etc., everybody turns around and complains about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.