• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncommon Shippings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TuGaWaR 545

The Orderly Destroye
AbilityShipping is a good one. Almost nobody makes fics on it sadly. And it's practically canon...

The few fanfics for it are good though. Most actually take Ash's obliviousness into play, as opposed to just giving him a crush and forcing them to kiss.

Last edited:

Ludger

スポック
I love AliasShipping (NxYellow). One of my favorites Crack ship. Why? Because both of them are look alike(even N is more antisocial). Prefer Pokemon to Their Friends. Understand what pokemon are saying and feeling.

And ImaginationShipping(AshxBianca). Both of them almost have the same character and they are pretty cute

Last edited:

couplesupporter

James FAN!
Which shipping do you feel is severely underrated and why?

I think Egoshipping is very underrated because the two of them have such interesting personalities and I've been impressed by the fan art and fics I've seen of them.

THIS> I see a bucketload of fic and fan art all over the place. I actually wrote one on my first fan fiction account and got a pretty good amount of reviews for it. I think it is underrated because people usually see Pokeshipping as the only way to go. Then again I haven't been able to catch up on everyone updating. I defiently agree with you there.

I think that academy fics are fine. It's just that when they contain those four notorious shippings that I think is bad and cliché. I mean, I wouldn't mind, say, Pearl/Sommelier/Ego/Mock or something like that, but... well.

You know I actually tried to write one of those with a bunch of characters in it. Like pearl/ego/contest/ and one sided ships stories together. I have to admit all of those ships together make me want to avoid them and I like the contestshipping stories.

Last edited:
SPOKESHIPPING (Bianca x Stephan)

It got a good amount of cute interactions, especially with that one scene where Bianca jumped on his back and admired his muscles. It was adorable. Unfortunately I don't see it get much love now that the two have not appeared for a while. It's a really cute ship; I wish more people payed more attention to it.

Other ships that are uncommon/underrated that I like: Redvine (Zoey x Gary), Against (Zoey x Paul), Belle (Dawn x Drew), Imagination (Ash x Bianca), Ingo/Emmet x Elesa, Shampoo (N x Cynthia), N x Ash/Dawn, Ash x Stephan, Platinum x Thorton, Glitter (Dawn x Candice), Dawn x Maylene, Cynthia x Volkner, Cynthia x Lucian, every other Cynthia ship except for Girlpowershipping, etc.

(Yes I have actually considered and grew fond of all of these)

I am Lu

From the anime, Maylene and Reggie (I think it's called Curtainshipping ... ?) They were obviously friends and I thought it would be cute. I know there are other Curtainshippers out there, they're just very rare to find. I also like Steven and Cynthia (I have no idea what it's called), despite being a nevermetshipping.

Oh, and here's another really weird nevermetshipping of mine that would totally rock, but I'm pretty sure no one else has even conjured up its existence: Burgundy and Ursula.

... I don't really have a reason for that one.

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
I'm usually not a fan of twincest (or incest in general, though I admit to liking OT3 ships with twins and a third party involved), but I definitely like Ingo/Emmet. I've read some really convincing and suitably creepy fic for it that sold me on it... and it doesn't help the fanart is very stylistic and pretty a lot of the time.

RAGD0LL

Gary's Cheerleader
I'm usually not a fan of twincest (or incest in general, though I admit to liking OT3 ships with twins and a third party involved), but I definitely like Ingo/Emmet. I've read some really convincing and suitably creepy fic for it that sold me on it... and it doesn't help the fanart is very stylistic and pretty a lot of the time.

LOL have you seen the fanart I posted in my yaoi ships thread? I don't know why but that picture is so beautiful to me. That smirk on Emett's face just gets to me.

Flame Mistress

Oh yeah, another pretty underrated one: OrangeShipping. I think they had plenty of chemistry together, especially in the special episodes, but people don't even acknowledge its existence nowadays ;A; It's such a cute shipping, too. And if they had enough potential to make the dubbers (NOT the writers) deny their love, they're definitely something.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
It's such a cute shipping, too. And if they had enough potential to make the dubbers (NOT the writers) deny their love, they're definitely something.

You know, it's funny, but I seem to have an absolutely opposite reaction to that particular line of narration than everyone else. I think it actually supports OrangeShipping because it's such an out of nowhere "Why would you protest it in the first place unless there was a reason?' line that the first time *I* heard it, I considered it a hint in OrangeShipping's favor--and a purposeful one on the dubber's parts. But I have grown suspicious of denial. Not that I am an OrangeShipper and all, but I just wanted to point out that I don't see that line as negatively as other people seem to (or blame the dubbers for it).

Oh, and while I'm here, what about CommanderShipping (Tabitha/Shelly)? I absolutely loved the atmosphere between them in the Advance anime. I watched those seasons waaaay after they aired and thought I'd come back to find a whole collection of people who liked that pair, but I really haven't seen much and that's kind of disappointing.

Luka

Pop Master

Moss Shipping (Roark x Gardenia), maybe because there is not relationship between them during the anime or the videogames, but for me they are a nice pair.

Which two characters do you think would be an instant hit if the two met in the canon universe?
Maybe... Chili and... Homika? :$

Furosuto

Hmmmm.... I think that Clumsy shipping is a pretty interesting and underrated one. It features Maylene and Barry, whom I think they can relate to each other, in the way that a lot of people look down on them as weak. In the anime Paul ruined Maylene's confidence and he kinda did the same with Barry in the anime. They could relate the same kind of pain of having people always one step ahead of them.

That and the fact that they're sort of clumsy in a way. Maylene's kinda shy at times and get's a little bit flustered while Barry is just such a comedic reckless fool. I think they would make a great couple.

Then there's the obvious Belle/Barry shipping. I don't know what it's called, but I would love to see an anime episode where Barry joins the gang and they find out in a shocking twist that Barry and Belle are cousins! Either that or one of the main characters mentions how similar they are.

There's another weird shipping that I heard of featuring Iris/Barry. What's it called again?

Pepper1622

I feel that SpecialJewelShipping (SilverXCrystal) is really underrated. I guess they don't really have many hints in the manga, but I like their personalities together. I don't think they'd have an "I want to kill you!" relationship like some others would. (Don't worry, I'm not pointing fingers at other ships!) Also, BlackedPearlShipping (PearlXMarley) would be pretty cute. They have no interaction at all in the manga, but I think they'd be cute because of Pearl's fiery attitude and Marley's calm demeanor. And they're both serious, so they would get along pretty well.

Which two characters do you think would be an instant hit if the two met in the canon universe?

That's a toughie...maybe Gold and Lyra. (InfluenceShipping) I think they'd be like partners in crime, or at least goof off together. ;)

vespiqueen

TwinleafShipping and PenguinShipping. PenguinShipping is basically canon on Kenny's side. I think this ship would have more supporters if Kenny just wasn't so bland :/

I don't know why, but I think if Drew and Dawn knew each other, BelleShipping would be a really cute ship! I need to stop shipping Dawn with everyone.

Another pairing that I would like to see is Gary/Iris. It sounds weird, I know, but I could see Iris referring to him as a kid, and I don't think Gary would take it so well with an ego like his. I think there would be some definite bickering, which would be entertaining to watch ;p

I definitely love Belleshipping (Dawn x Drew) and GuardianAngelshipping (Dawn x N)
I've like these because of the fanart and the fanfics...I seriously need to stop reading on fanfiction...
I think Belleshipping is hated too much..>.> and I doubt people even think about Dawn and N. I've only seen like one person who supports Dawn x N, besides me. Its a good thing that at least Belleshipping has some people who support it. :)

Well, LuckShipping (Brock x Lucy) doesn't have that much support. I think Brock loved Lucy more than other girls, and contrary to other girls, Lucy liked Brock back. Instead of asking for marriage or a date like he normally does, Brock asked Lucy to travel with him. But when I ask people for their opinion on this shipping, they often say Brock didn't seem to like Lucy more than other girls... I love Brock x Lucy and I think it's an awesome shipping.

OthelloShipping and Shiroshipping. Both Hilda ships that are underrated but are still growing today.

If it was in the canon universe, Othelloshipping wiuld be nice, seeing Ash and Hilda interact and bond and grow

ChloboShoka

Writer
I think Iris x Silver would be as good as ikarishipping if Silver appeared in a couple of episodes in the anime. Both Iris and Silver have very strong personalities with a lot of layers in their characters so if the two ever meet, I think it would be very interesting for shippers. I didn't expect Orangeshipping to me mentioned, but that's a nice ship as well because it had that innocent goofyness about it.

Kaiserin

please wake up...

Moss Shipping (Roark x Gardenia), maybe because there is not relationship between them during the anime or the videogames, but for me they are a nice pair

I've considered this one before! It's always been pretty cute IMO, especially since they have such coinciding interests, as well as Gardenia being a total go-getter where Roark is a little more reserved, from what I remember.

OthelloShipping and Shiroshipping. Both Hilda ships that are underrated but are still growing today.

If it was in the canon universe, Othelloshipping wiuld be nice, seeing Ash and Hilda interact and bond and grow

Hilda/Bianca is Shiroshipping, right? Because I am so down with that. I feel like, with the popular ships being largely Hilda (or Hilbert) and N with Cheren/Bianca getting put together otherwise, the other ships that could come about with the three/four of them (depending on if you include the unchosen player character in the mix or not) are pretty underrated. Granted, I do love both Isshu/FerrisWheel and DualRival, but I'd really like to see more of Cheren and Bianca with either of the protagonists. It's just... cute, you know? They're all childhood friends, so anything could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.