• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncommon Shippings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireball20

I'm only going strictly from the anime (as I don't play any of the games anymore. Gen. 1)

I dunno; I just think cavaliershipping is underrated. To be honest, I can't see anyone else other than Ash (or a little bit Barry, hetero speaking) with Dawn. Gary will always be one step ahead of Ash (or better than him depending on who you ask, lol), and with the episode that Gary and Dawn met, it was cute. If anyone could make Ash jealous (in any way, not just in a romantic way), it's Gary.

I also don't know why, but I like rayshipping a lot as well. Tough to explain why. I guess they embody the whole pokemon concept of training and friends.

Kind of a crack pairing (don't know the name), Ash/Elesa intrigues me. I saw the BW episode and laughed when I thought of Brock's reaction to her jumping down to see Ash's Pikachu. Prolly the electric pairing.

SammyGirl

Uncommon shippings huh? Boy I have a lot of those, but my uncommon pokemon crossover shipping is probably my favorite. Get ready for it:

j-06.jpg

The Hero from Dragon Quest Monsters Joker is actually a young (but older than he appears in the movie with celebi).....

oak_normal.jpg

and I love to pair him with the lord monster from Dragon Quest Monsters Joker:

incarnus_by_selina99999-d4q18bt.png

heaven_or_hell_by_5hadowthehedgehog-d4zowgu.png

To sum it up:
Professor Samuel Oak x The Incarnus

The Greatest Pokemon Researcher of All Time and the King of Monsters in the Human Realm.
Best. Pairing. Ever.

Last edited:

MagmaGruntTéa

Girl with the 3DS
I'm an extreme fangirl so one of my favorite pairings is HilbertxN. But, unfortunately, there aren't that many fanfictions about these two that I've read.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I find poisonbandshipping (Ash x Roxie/Homika) intriguing. Both were a little personal in that battle (technically, Ash's "last gym battle" in Unova), excited with each other. Roxie saying she likes Ash more and more, adding to say Ash's "burning soul" makes her heartbeats faster was a little...cheesy.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I find poisonbandshipping (Ash x Roxie/Homika) intriguing. Both were a little personal in that battle (technically, Ash's "last gym battle" in Unova), excited with each other. Roxie saying she likes Ash more and more, adding to say Ash's "burning soul" makes her heartbeats faster was a little...cheesy.

^ Huh. I won't lie but I kind of find it "intriguing" as well. Like I know there's like virtually no "hints" and w/e but somehow it just strikes my fancy....and she's been to Kanto maybe she met his mom jk.

I'm an extreme fangirl so one of my favorite pairings is HilbertxN. But, unfortunately, there aren't that many fanfictions about these two that I've read.

=O You could read Ferriswheelshipping fics and change the name. xD I like both of the hero/ine x N ships equally and it [Touya x N] began to interest me more lately. xD

I think Lenora x Hawes needs more love...it's canon. I'd love for a story of how they met and stuff. ;-; It could be really cute.

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...

It's definitely less common in the Western fandom, but it's equally as popular if not moreso than Hilda/N in Japan. Although, I want to say they're equal in the West too, just that Hilbert/N gets less fanwork than its het counterpart...

I think Lenora x Hawes needs more love...it's canon. I'd love for a story of how they met and stuff. ;-; It could be really cute.

Yes, yes, yes, please this. I almost want to write this myself now... oh man. Lenora/Hawes being uncommon doesn't surprise me, since most of the popular stuff consists of younger and "prettier" characters (though damn, I'd be willing to say Lenora's got it going on too), but it's really sweet and adorable, and you can tell they are just really in love with each other. Married couples need love too!!

Sonicfan9988

You got this, Sonic!
Here are my fave Pokemon & Sonic crossover shippings which I came up with and are obviously underrated! As far as I know, absolutely NO fanart exists for these special friendships :(!

NuvemaHillShipping (Hilda & Sonic).
ChaosEmeraldShipping (Mei & Sonic).
DarkHallMatronShipping (Argenta & Shadow).

Crossover shippings like mine need some love, too :)!

Janaff

Well, I accidentally got out of this post, so forgive me for lack of any useful information.

I probably shouldn't post this since I'm fairly certain most Colosseum fans don't ship the first one and no one really cares about the other one, but its worth a shot.

I ship GonzapxWes and FollyxTrudly (I don't know official names for them since I don't really keep up with too many Pokemon ships-too many names to remember.) Which are really uncommon since, well, just about any Colosseum ship is uncommon.
Well, Gonzap and Wes were obviously close (generally seen as father-son relationship, though) before Wes' little rebellion. I just think that they make a cute pairing in my odd mindset. I haven't played the game in ages, though, so I can't recall specific scenes.
I really do feel that GonzapxWes is really underrated. (Maybe if Gonzap was pretty it would have more fans?) They have a lot of history together as Wes was a part of Gonzap's team and, from what can be made from the game, most likely a decently ranking member of said team. This means that they most likely spent at least a little bit of team with one another (most likely more due to the father-son bond thing) so they had a lot of time to get to know one another. Plus, just about any ship from this game that isn't WesxRui gets no love. (That ship doesn't got a whole lot of love either, but at least gets a little.)
As for the other, Folly and Trudly are almost always together. You can't really have one without the other.

I ship more uncommon pairings than these two, but I would have to guess that these are the most uncommon of the ones that I do ship.

SammyGirl

Here are my fave Pokemon & Sonic crossover shippings which I came up with and are obviously underrated! As far as I know, absolutely NO fanart exists for these special friendships :(!

NuvemaHillShipping (Hilda & Sonic).
ChaosEmeraldShipping (Mei & Sonic).
DarkHallMatronShipping (Argenta & Shadow).

Crossover shippings like mine need some love, too :)!
I agree....crossover pairings are underrated and overlooked. Probably because they are crossovers and nobody ever thinks of them. And when people do come up with crossover pairings, they get looked at like they're weird.

Or else they get completely ignored or trampled over by more common pairings.

I find I have the same trouble with shipping Samuel Oak x The Incarnus.

There IS no fanbase except for me.... Which, when you really like a pairing is very disappointing. So trust me... I feel your pain.

Ninja Bulbasaur

Which shipping do you feel is severely underrated and why?

It's Iris x Trip. There's barely anything for it whatsoever but I think this pairing is really cute. And Cilan x Burgundy because nobody seems to like Burgundy so they go with Cilan x Iris or Cilan x Ash. It's rather annoying. Not that I hate those pairings, it's just that some are extremly overused.

Which two characters do you think would be an instant hit if the two met in the canon universe?

...well, I can't think of any that cross with Pokemon, I always cross with When They Cry. And I was thinking of Cilan x Mion for some incredible odd reason. Mion is very upbeat and Cilna is rather calm. It's either that or Battler x Cilan from Umineko, cuz they both beleive in science not magic. I think of Ash x Maria would be cute too...

gohan5

Irisboy

It's Iris x Trip. There's barely anything for it whatsoever but I think this pairing is really cute. And Cilan x Burgundy because nobody seems to like Burgundy so they go with Cilan x Iris or Cilan x Ash. It's rather annoying. Not that I hate those pairings, it's just that some are extremly overused.

I agree that neither ship seems to be all that popular, at least not here anyway. Iris and Trip don't really interact all that much, though it draws parallels from IkariShipping so I thought it'd have more support than it does. And I feel like Burgundy being mostly a foil to Cilan is what keeps their ship from being more popular. Like if she respected him more openly or something people would like it more. It's like ContestShipping, just a little more antagonistic due to how obsessive Burgundy is.

I'd say that GymShipping (Brock x Misty) has been somewhat underrated, especially given the popularity of OrangeShipping. I always thought it was an interesting thing to think about, and I liked how Misty was always dragging Brock away from other girls. Plus he's probably the person that Misty would trust most, other than Ash that is. I'm sure they have support but I don't feel like it's really mentioned as much when you think about possible ships.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature

It's Iris x Trip. There's barely anything for it whatsoever but I think this pairing is really cute.

I agree. I find it really underrated. I don't support it, but gosh, it shocks me given how popular Ikarishipping was. ^^; The bad thing is with minimal fanart/fanfiction it's hard to get into and support. :/

Irisboy said:
I'd say that GymShipping (Brock x Misty) has been somewhat overrated, especially given the popularity of OrangeShipping.

Overrated? xD

I think all of the Brock shippings are kind of underrated. :/ Is Orangeshipping popular? I was going to say it was underrated. ._.;

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Overrated? xD

I think all of the Brock shippings are kind of underrated. :/ Is Orangeshipping popular? I was going to say it was underrated. ._.;

Sorry, I meant underrated.

Orange is arguably the next popular Misty ship after PokeShipping, at least from what I can gather. Underrated when compared to PokeShipping or other main ships, but gets more recognition than GymShipping.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Haha, I came here looking to get some ideas for unusual manga-verse ships to include in my fic on here, but I should probably share my own.

I'll keep to humanXhuman simply because I tend to ship PokéXPoké (by species, not by the character protraited by one/more).

FaulkerXSilver - Definitely my oldest and still loved. Simply- they're both rather hot.
ElesaXWhitney }
EleseXJanine } - Just... yum. I'm a yuri-fangirls and these 3 ladies are... just yum.
JanineXWhitney}
ElesaXWhitneyXJani ... yeah the trio gives me such a nose-bleed I can't even describe

SkylaXWinona - Thats rather obvious why, and I'm surprised I've not (from what I've seen) never seen this pairing appear.

Think that's all the ones I have that are Uncommon

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
AdversityShipping is the ship between Cilan's hair and Misty's scrunchy.

Let's all join hands and celebrate this momentous and memorable ship.

BlueDragonfangirl

Sorry, I meant underrated.

Orange is arguably the next popular Misty ship after PokeShipping, at least from what I can gather. Underrated when compared to PokeShipping or other main ships, but gets more recognition than GymShipping.

I thought Gary/Misty was pretty popular, I see tons of topics on it and it always seems to get very big. So maybe Pokeshipping, Orangeshipping than maybe Egoshipping? {Thats the name of Misty/Gary right?}

I have a question here, how popular is Unknownshipping {Ash/N}? I like it and know it has fans but.

Ninja Bulbasaur

Hanyū x Ash, Iris x Keiichi, Cilan x Mion. When They Cry for the world.

Im thinking Ash x Burgundy is SEVERLY underrated as well. It's not very popular at all, though I find it kinda cute. Seriously people, there is NOTHING out there for this ship. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. It's sad, really. Burgundy's a favourite of mine; why can't her with my second favourite anime character be popular? Ug!

Innocentmercy

Underrated Pairings

I have many shippings that are pretty underrated in my point of view.

* Colosseumshipping- Wes and Rui
- These two are most likely to be canon because not only they travel together alone many NPCs and other people view them as a couple. Also, Wes saved Rui from being kidnapped by a bunch of creepy Ped0philes in Phenac Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.