• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncommon Shippings Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
^ I'm with you on HonorShipping and SacredShipping though, to be honest, I disagree about Morty's redesign. I've especially been getting into SacredShipping lately, and I'd like to write a oneshot about it at some point. Heck, I'd like to write for HonorShipping more too.

But on the subject of Morty pairs, I wish SoulShipping got more attention, because I think they could really relate to each other in a lot of ways. But then again, Morty's my favorite Johto gym leader and Sabrina's my favorite Kanto gym leader... so I'm definitely biased on this one.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
What about HandymanShipping? Tracey and Daisy are kind of cute together.

That's actually a really nice shipping. Tracy never got much love in-fandom, & even tho he played a "major" role for such a short time it was nice seeing him again in Chronicles/Hosu. Daisy seemed quite a bit more fun then too & seemed to actually train her pokemon. I didn't like any of Misty's sister enough to ship them b/f those eps aired but afterwards I thought better of Daisy as she really improved from her lazy glam-girl persona.
I admit I like Orangeshipping a bit more (mainly due to Misty's Azurill, I think it is a common theory that Tracy's Marril is the mother to it, & it seems more likely than a trainer would give an egg to someone they cared for strongly) Daisy's teasing Misty about Tracy being her boyfriend can be interpreted in another way as sisters will often joke, tease, or gossip on boys they like/find cute.

izarith

Oh, I also support OriginalShipping and DragonShipping or whatever Lance/Clair's called. Never been up to date with the names >>

in my experience, lance/clair is most commonly called blackthornshipping. dragonshipping is an alternate name that i can't say i've seen very often, though it's not wrong by any means... and originalshipping is the name for manga!red/green. :)

anyways, i love them together too! growing up together in an isolated mountain village, i feel like they wouldn't have had many friends other than each other, y'know? so they had to have been pretty close~

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I also like Drew/May and Kenny/Dawn. They don't have their own threads anymore.

the only incest is twincest? what do you mean? o_o

rocketgruntshipping is already male grunt/female grunt, so it would have to be something else. maybe male grunt/male grunt could be... Peonshipping? Underlingshipping? something else with the "minion" theme? hmmm

or gruntshipping

that isn't taken

Liltwick

the only incest is twincest? what do you mean? o_o

I liek meh Twincest :3

LuCluas, TwinThoguhtShipping, and a Myriad of other things...

I agree with Gothitelle, GruntShipping sounds great...

Yea, PokeShipping is the most popular. I respect it, I just don't like it's commonality. I'm more of a PikaShipper.

Liltwick

Yea, They don't LOL I don't wanna make a PalletShippy thread. Anyone know a common and popular ship that involves to characters of the same gender?

Also, any other ShockingShippers here?

izarith

Anyone know a common and popular ship that involves to characters of the same gender?

hmm... if we're talking animeverse, Comashipping (paul/ash) is fairly popular. so is CafeMochashipping (cilan/ash). and Appealshipping (dawn/zoey) has a few fans AFAIK (i certainly support it).
gameverse, Namelessshipping (green/red) is shipped by a lot of people. also Huntershipping (ethan/silver) & Isshushipping (hilbert/n). but generally the serebii shipping forums have always been pretty hetero-focused so idk how many people you would get in a thread for any of these. 8|

Liltwick

Yea, just you watch, I'll Ninja everyone when the next Anime Series starts. I know we did have a Pallet Thread. Let's move this to VM, it's starting to get a little off-topic.

Hmm, That Picture made me a full supporter. It explains what they were doing.

Flame Mistress

I agree about PenguinShipping being somewhat uncommon nowadays. It's a shame really, there's some real shipping potential in there - if only people didn't hate Kenny so much...

I also like ChevalierShipping, which is Gary x Dawn. I just find them really cute together and the few episodes Gary was in had some shipping potential as well. It feels really underrated to me.

Liltwick

I agree about PenguinShipping being somewhat uncommon nowadays. It's a shame really, there's some real shipping potential in there - if only people didn't hate Kenny so much...

I also like ChevalierShipping, which is Gary x Dawn. I just find them really cute together and the few episodes Gary was in had some shipping potential as well. It feels really underrated to me.

Yea, or they partake in Keep-away with either Pearl or Ikari for Kenny

ChloboShoka

Writer
I like Gary x Dawn as well. I think it's quite an attractive ship and that I think they would get on really well. I could imagine Dawn being one of Gary's cheerleaders.

Flame Mistress

I like Gary x Dawn as well. I think it's quite an attractive ship and that I think they would get on really well. I could imagine Dawn being one of Gary's cheerleaders.
That would be hilarious. XD Cue jealous looks from Kenny, Ash, Barry, and Conway... How many people do I ship Dawn with, anyway? Four?

Status
Not open for further replies.