• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncrushing Defeat! (601)

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
What happened to using actual japanese on this show? I noticed on the book with the 3 sprites, The names under them are their names in katakana turned at weird angles and broken in some places (yes, I have alot of time on my hands)

On a different note, Cute episode, Not really much to do with Uxie, it's shadow, or Brock. Just Emo-ash and his horrible defeat D:

Btw, I love Dawn's Engrish =D

[img200]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/StrawHat-ChrisYakura/Monfernoscharginhislazer.jpg[/img200]
And that

Last edited:

The Lost Angel

Can't wait to see the dub for this, so that I can get a vague idea what TR was going on about when they first took the stage. That giant head thing they kept doing was something I think I should recognise, but don't at the moment.

Hmm, I'm not sure if I am allowed to translate here? But *SPOILER ALERTS* LOL. Initially, TR took out the bottle right, they call it suitable for someone who just lost a battle like Satoshi did. Then Musashi said something about believing or not believing, but that those who believe will be saved. Actually what she's doing is she is emphasizing on the word "believe" because in Japanese, it contains the word SHINJI (which is what she is saying when her head popped out huge). Basically trying to rub it in Satoshi's face.

As for Nyarth, he's saying something like, "because of that, we'll take Pikachu... blah blah...", but when his head popped out, it actually emphasize the word O-MAKE, which means losing.

Apparently Satoshi is too oblivious too notice that they're insulting him though =P

Hope that helped!

P.S. I really wonder how the dub is going to be like for this part?

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
I guess Ash pushed himself too hard. That's what became of his Pokemon. Hopefully Uxie can help him.

randomspot555

It seems to be a law of Pokemon that, after a great set of episodes by all accounts (rival, big battle, reoccurring characters, great animation, character development), you have to have a filler that pretty much goes nowhere.

Oh, Takeshi, you saw Yuxie? Who cares? At least, that was the message I got from the episode. I'm sure that the Lake Trio being seen by the Anime Trio is going to build into SOMETHING, but this episode is pretty much filler until that plot point is used again.

On top of that, the animation was a big step down. After 2 episodes of a full battle with very fluid animation, we had scenes where Pokemon, people, and even the backdrop like clouds, appear pretty flat and lifeless. And when stuff did start to move around, it looked like a page or two was missing when they were splicing it all together.

And while I wasn't a big fan of Hikari's Theme as the ending theme, I can't stand the Pichu song.

Littlemyuu

It was an nice episode...it was good to see a shadow of Uxie...
but it was nice ^^

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
What a great episode! i loved Ash's return after the lose to Paul, i was sorry for him when he was so sad.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
What a great episode! i loved Ash's return after the lose to Paul, i was sorry for him when he was so sad.

I know. I'm happy for Ash to return. But when he face Paul in the Sinnoh League, make sure that Ash will defeat him to teach Paul the error of his ways of the relationship between humans and pokemon.

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
Say! If his Pokemon love Ash even though he couldn't beat Paul, then maybe he won't have to worry about Paul or anybody Ash finds too cruel to be training Pokemon.

While bonding with Pokemon alone didn't make Ash a superior trainer to Paul, who uses strategy over raw power, Ash was and will always be superior to the ones who tried kidnapping Pikachu countless times: Team Rocket.

STICKTOPIA

O yea I forgot to ask this: What was the thing with Dawn and her pokemon for? Was it to cheer Ash up or practice for her next contest?

halloweenghost

Cool epsidoe.. Ash getting his spirit back,. what an epic way to sendTeam Rocket blasting off.

best of all to me cartoon network fixed their problem to get the episodes back to widescreen yay! Was a surprise seeing the movie last night was in fullscreen.

and this topic also needs to be rename Uncrushing Defeat :p

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Looks like Ash got his fighting spirit back. I seem to noticed the connections between the Lake Trio and the three: Brock = Knowledge, Dawn = Emotion, and Ash = Willpower. As much as how repetitive Team Rocket is, I do give them credit for making silly facial epressions. As for Dawn Circus, I would personally say it'll only be good if it has Casey Jr., but that's just me and my own fantasy world.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Hahaha Jessie had a bottle of "Loser Drink" with a picture of Ash crying on it, I thought that was pretty funny, I still hate the Rockets though. Overall, this episode was ok to me.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Episode was good . Nice to see Ash overcome his loss to Paul and knowing that to defeat Paul isn't going to be easy . The Faces Team Rocket made here were really funny . And Dawn's Circus was really nice put there when Mamoswine did the pose ROFL XD . And it was weird because they changed the opening pictures last time and I though they were going to change the opening again today to include Monferno in it but I guess they didn't =/ . Oh and Finally seeing the episodes in Wide screen again , lol Finally CN fixed the cropped episodes .

Good Episode and kinda Funny one to see.

Vernikova

Champion
It was an okay episode overall. I really liked how Dawn tried to cheer up Ash by preforming in front of him with her Pokémon. Brock flirting with Nurse Joy was also funny in my opinion because of the fact that he begged for Crogaunk to not hurt him. I think that it was pretty dumb of Team Rocket to attack Ash when all of the Pokémon were around him but that should be expected from them by now.

Another marvelous episode. The climatic scene with Ash and the gang standing with the glorifying background (it's just so godly...) in front of Team Rocket. The battle poses Ash gave out were worth the shot. In the beginning and end of the episode, I noticed the wide screen format was intact, however the black bars throughout the episode were gone. I wonder? Now to get an animation of Ash and co. standing around with that cool moving background.

P.S. Remember boys and girls, no new episode next week. Pokemon is on break. See you December 5th! (and hopefully at 9:00...goodness)

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I just got to watch Uncrushing Defeat! today. And I gotta say, it was totally hilarious. XD So many moments that made me lol.

Mamoswine's funny face in Dawn's Circus

Jessie saying in Ash's face HE STINKS. And with a big face of hers to make it lolworthy.

Poor Pikachu being caught, and struggling to get out of the net during the TR motto.

And of course, it was nice to see the beautiful Lake Acuity today, and with a shadow appearance of Uxie for Brock. And especially learning more of the origin of the three pixies. Looking forward to the epic arc of Team Galactic.

Also, Ash commanding all his Pokemon to fire an attack to TR was plain EPIC. All of them with a signature move to make Team Rocket blast off again. Glad to see Ash is back and not emo anymore. I was like, Ash gah!, stop acting like Red in the end of GSC's battle with him! XD

Very good episode. Now Im looking forward to watching the movie later tonight. And now Ill be caught up. And then in December well see the next Pokemon episode all about the Forest and Nutrition! :D

wind21

This was an interesting episode. I think we all have watched Ash long enough to know that he was going to bounce back from his loss to Paul. Brock knew it as well. Dawn, though, having not traveled as long with the guys, thinks Ash is seriously devastated and comes up with an act to cheer him up (Ash's "Oh, wow." summed it up pretty well). This happens to be the first episode where I have 100% felt that these 3 have great chemistry together. Ash and Dawn try to help and encourage each other as much as possible (we knew Ash did it for Dawn during her tough times, but this is the first time Dawn has really had the chance to do it for Ash) while Brock is more reserved and allows his friends to work things out. Not that Brock is just silent deadweight; some of his conservations with Ash show the familiarity and deep friendship that exists between them (like today, when Brock knew to give Ash some time by himself).

We also got to see all three characters by themselves at different points in the episode. Dawn was concerned about Ash and decided to make a comedy act, Brock was hitting on Nurse Joy and searching for berries to heal Monferno, and Ash was acknowledging that since Paul is so strong, he needs to train harder (which I don't agree with, by the way; I don't see how Ash can outwork Paul). None of these interludes are boring, and that's an encouraging thought. Our heroes have a little depth to them.

Team Rocket, though, made this episode. They were hilarious. I didn't quite catch all of their mockeries of Ash, but I was amused with what I did understand.

Blaziryu

The episode was okay! I'm glad Ash was feeling all sad & pathetic for losing against Shinji. If he plan ahead instead of going into battle w/o a strategy, he deserve to lose. I mean, c'mon. Did this kid learn anything during his travels over the years. Ash really needs to think.