• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncrushing Defeat! (601)

Torpoleon

This was a cool episode. Now they have it in wide screen. They don't have it in the full battle, but they have it here. Now that makes a load of sense, now doesn't it? Well, this episode was really awesome and epic.

9.5/10
The episode was awesome. There might be a few kinks that should be better, but I enjoyed watching this episode!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. I like how Brock begged Croagunk not to Poison Jab him and it listened. The 6 way attack to blast off Team Rocket was epic.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was ok. After the battle with Paul we needed an easy going episode.

Glad Uxie's Shadow appeared before Brock.

5/10

Vipsoccermaster

I just watched this episode, though the name of it is different. Anyway, it was a nice and easy episode, and I'm glad that Ash got his confidence back. His Pokemon sure mean serious business from a few of those screens that I saw.

Shinnie-tan

I still think this episode is cute but um.

Ugh. Ash's dubbed laugh is still awful.

/goes back and listens to japanese version again ><"

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Wow Ash is kind of a jerk, that last attack against Team Rocket was totally unnecessary and overkill, he really wanted to hurt them. The fact that he did it smiling made it all the more sinister.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
Wow Ash is kind of a jerk, that last attack against Team Rocket was totally unnecessary and overkill, he really wanted to hurt them. The fact that he did it smiling made it all the more sinister.

They deserved it IMO, I can't stand the Rockets!

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
This week's episode was both touching and weird.
Touching and sad during the first half when we saw Ash being depressed and all his Pokemon being in pain. Those scenes with the Pokemon or when Ash was lying on the grass were more profound than you would have expected. Not only were they meant to show the physical pain, but something that's much deeper and more painful, namely the psychological pain.
Yeah, I sure felt pity for them :-/

The second half, especially the Team Rocket scenes, was one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in Pokemon, but I can't say that I didn't like it. I don't know how you think of it, I for one was constantly reminded of Looney Toons Cartoons, especially during that scene when Team Rocket was standing on the "stage" and making those super weird gestures (playing instrument, making faces,offering Ash a "Loser Drink" and so on)

And I guess everybody, no matter if they're Ashfans or not, agrees that the last part was damn intense and impressive. That shot in which Ash and all his Pokemon were standing together with that cunning look on their faces was pretty epic.

And btw. today's "Comedy Award" definitely goes to Piplup for dressing up like a court jester. Pricelss! It sure cracked me up :D

All in all, a very good and profound episode which deserves

7 out of 10 points

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
They will come back, and strike a blow to one of the twerps, soon, even if in legal boundaries of a Contest. I can hope that in the return to Johto, more moments like the one in ˝A Scare To Remember!˝ arise. Long may last the Red R!

STICKTOPIA

They took Pikachu countless times already and u honestly mean to say that it was unnecessary?! Overkill yes but not unnecessary.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
They took Pikachu countless times already and u honestly mean to say that it was unnecessary?! Overkill yes but not unnecessary.

I also agree with that. Team Rocket stalks Ash, just looking to steal his Pikachu. It was kind was overkill but Team Rocket deserved it.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
They deserved it IMO, I can't stand the Rockets!
It was too much, if this wasn't a kids show than he'd have killed them.
Attacking once to get rid of them is one thing, but he looked like he
was having fun hurting and making them suffer.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
I hope he gets hurt by one of their contraptions. An episode focusing on whether his lungs will survive toxic gas treatment would be nice.

eryyy

Ace Trainer

Consider all that they've done to him. They practically stalk him since the second episode and for what? Just to steal Pikachu. Yes, it might have been too much but they deserve it.

cookies kill you

Like a boss

dude if this wasnt a kids show team rocket would be dead in the first series lol

Shinnie-tan

Ahaha, seriously? Team Rocket has been trying to kidnap his pokemon - who is also his best friend, btw - for how many years now? Ash was smiling to show he had gotten his 'groove' back and that he was going to kick some serious ***. If Ash really wanted to 'hurt' them, he would have kept them there, tortured them a little, and then sent them blasting off.

He just showed how unified his team was by ordering an attack from all of them - it wasn't like Ash was the only one upset his pokemon got kidnapped. His whole team was. It makes sense they'd send Team Rocket blasting off together. Besides, it wasn't like Team Rocket was repentent either - they were just upset they got their butts kicked so badly. Team Rocket were jerkasses themselves, trying to prey on Ash when they thought he was at his weakest(he wasn't, but that's what they originally believed).

Brumrha

Banned
The aftermath of Ash's loss against Paul? Well, it goes a little like this:

- At the Lake Acuity PC, the place is like the freakin' Holocaust, as Ash's team undergoes some intensive treatment for their awful injuries.
- Okay, it's not the friggin' Holocaust in Lake Acuity... If you people want more of an accurate comparison, it would be like someone going on a sick killing spree out on city streets, & all of those that did survived had to go to the ER, as they've been brutally wounded.
- Oooo, the Lake Acuity PC has a Blissey on them! That's very nifty, considering that her last appearance dates wayyyy back to the Johto times.
- Back at the Lakefront, Ash is lying back on the ground, with his spirits at an all-time low. We then re-cap on how he's lost, which is nice considering that my memory failed me during the last episode. Grrrr...
- At the PC, Dawn can't help but feel sorry for all of Ash's Pokemon, when out of the blue, Piplup gets this marvelous idea of making silly faces. Dawn then gets a brainwave: She'll use her Pokemon to make some funny faces & stuff to lift Ash's spirits.
- Outside of the PC, TR has almost finished the refurbishment of the Wargrounds, when they get word of Ash's downed spirit. They decide to take advantage of this by attempting to bring them down even further into rock bottom, which they assume will make stealing his Pokemon a cinch.
- Back in the "ER," Monferno is having the most troubles, because of paralysis. Brock decides to help Nurse Joy out by finding some Cheri Berries...
- ...But not before declaring his utmost love to Nurse Joy. Cue in Croagink's appearance, but Brock manages to convince it not to jab him, as he is a helping hand to the nurse. Talk about a Saving Throw!
- He gets out into the lake, but he comes up empty. However, he manages to get a glimpse of Uxie's barely visible spirit.
- Brock looks to his left, & hey presto, there's some Cheri Berries! He brings them to Nurse Joy, who then crushes some to give to Monferno.
- Hey! Everyone's back on their feet! They all then head out to find Ash...
- ...Who is still moping at his loss over at the lakefront... that is, until they find him. Ash is grateful that they're still alive, & his spirits go up a bit. They take him to the PC...
- ...Where Dawn's Circus awaits him! It definitely did the job of lifting morale even higher, but for me, the only part that I found funny were Mamoswine's faces. Everything else was a facepalm moment.
- Then after the first act, the "(re)construction workers" barge into her circus, in which they attempt to bring morale back down, but all they manage to do is confuse everyone.
- They pull out their shock-proof net launcher & make their move...
- ...& they recite their TR motto. Wonderful... desperate times call for desperate measures, such as this: *plugs his ears* LALALALALALA!!! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
- They run for their lives after using Haze, but Ash uses Buizel to clear it up with a Water Pulse. Then, Gliscor (it might be someone else, though; tell me it that's so) frees Pikachu.
- TR is forced into a fight, but Ash proves that he still has the fight in him.
- They then bicker amongst themselves, but Ash interrupts them with an awesome display of his team, & orders an all-out attack on their sorry mugs. It's a different way, but it still sends them off to god knows where.
- With morale back up, they plot a course for Dawn's next contest.

This time, my memory hasn't failed me. Even though Ash recovered from his loss, he still needs to utilize the rest of his Pokemon from Oak's lab to mix things up; otherwise, his chances of beating Paul at his game are less than zero.

Last edited:

Brave Birdy

I found it surprising that they're already talking about Dawn's next contest.

I believe they said it was in a place called Lillypad Town, which seems to be just below Snowpoint City. I'm kinda confused as to why it would be placed there, though, because the gang heads back to Twinleaf after this, right?