• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncrushing Defeat! (601)

Brave Birdy

I found it surprising that they're already talking about Dawn's next contest.

I believe they said it was in a place called Lillypad Town, which seems to be just below Snowpoint City. I'm kinda confused as to why it would be placed there, though, because the gang heads back to Twinleaf after this, right?

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
It was too much, if this wasn't a kids show than he'd have killed them.
Attacking once to get rid of them is one thing, but he looked like he
was having fun hurting and making them suffer.

They've hurt, nearly killed, and have made Ash and Pikachu suffer numerous times. If he would have killed them, I'm pretty sure any judge in any court would consider it self defense considering Ash and TR's history together. What Ash did was pretty lenient if you ask me.

Rebeccag

Good episode in fitting to the last 2 episodea. I enjoyed Cronjunk not attacking Brock and Dawns circus performance and also Ashs pause along with the rest of his pokemon. I also enjoyed finding out about the three legendanies as well. James and Meouth calling Jessie an idiot as well was pretty funny too

HoennMaster

I found it surprising that they're already talking about Dawn's next contest.

I believe they said it was in a place called Lillypad Town, which seems to be just below Snowpoint City. I'm kinda confused as to why it would be placed there, though, because the gang heads back to Twinleaf after this, right?

Please use spoilers in forums where they are required. They go to Twinleaf Town, and then back to Lilypad Town.

Last edited:

Shadow XD001

I'm noticing a connection between the pixies and Ash, Brock, and Dawn after seeing this episode.

Ash has a lot of Willpower in battles, not to lose.

Dawn is a very Emotional person a lot of times.

Brock has a lot of Knowledge as he seems to know a lot about Pokémon, and other stuff.

Some of the colors probably don't match, but I tried my best. Anyway, don't you see the connection now? It probably is just mere coincidence, but still. This is odd.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I'm noticing a connection between the pixies and Ash, Brock, and Dawn after seeing this episode.

Brock has a lot of Knowledge as he seems to know a lot about Pokémon, and other stuff.

Some of the colors probably don't match, but I tried my best. Anyway, don't you see the connection now? It probably is just mere coincidence, but still. This is odd.

I definitely see a connection and I think the writers did that intentionally.

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating

It's not a coincidence.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think Ash was too sad, but it was too excessive.

The battle vs Paul was over, and Ash didn't understand that, but i was happy that in the end the smile returned to his face.

The best part when TR was making fun of ash.

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
This is why Paul's pokemon are far too powerful. His pokemon are so powerful, all of his opponent's pokemon are hospitalized and bandaged. All of Paul's Pokemon IMO are about level 100 and it would take weeks for all of Ash's pokemon to heal. That was why Ash was easily defeated and the war only lasted for 30 minutes.

ijea4444

This is why Paul's pokemon are far too powerful. His pokemon are so powerful, all of his opponent's pokemon are hospitalized and bandaged. All of Paul's Pokemon IMO are about level 100 and it would take weeks for all of Ash's pokemon to heal. That was why Ash was easily defeated and the war only lasted for 30 minutes.

1. No levels in the anime
2. No war
3. The writers purposefully made Paul lose in Brandon to prove to the audience that he isn't invincible. Disproving your claim that Paul's pokemon are way to powerful.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I could really feel for Ash in this episode, it had to be so hard for him losing to the rival he hates so much. At least the others did their best to cheer him up. I LOL'd at Dawn's floor show, and Team Rocket making fun of him was pretty funny, especially the bottle with a picture of crying. I hope Ash does better the next time he battles Paul, or at least if they meet in competition at the Sinnoh championships, as they probably unavoidably will.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
1. No levels in the anime
2. No war
3. The writers purposefully made Paul lose in Brandon to prove to the audience that he isn't invincible. Disproving your claim that Paul's pokemon are way to powerful.

Your right, but don't you think that at that moment, Paul was over powered? Ash didn't have a chance realisticly..

Lol, I think he just meant to use the term 'war' as a way to overdramatize the importance of their battle.. as a clash of conflicts coming to physical confrontation.

The term war.. is imo way too excessive.. if you've ever been to a WW1 or 2 gravesite, or extermination camp you wouldn't use that term lightly.. I for one, have a very empathatic heart. So when I walk along those graves and sites where people have been laid to rest, or brutally murdered.. I feel their pain.. I cried when I went through the Auswitch gate, because of the thousands of people who went under that same gate, who were killed for no reason.. So to call a battle in pokémon war.. would be a disgrace, so don't..

Sorry if that was too personal, I just get this way when somebody doesn't think about what he is saying..

This episode was less about Uxie itself (which I was hoping for), and more a regenerative period for Ash and team, which I do occasionally enjoy. I also loved the pictures of three spirits in the book; very classy pencil drawings.
Having watched the JP version of the episode, when Jessie is talking about 'belief' and highlighting the name Shinji within the JP word for 'belief' was very clever. I have no idea (without watching it obv.) how this crazy part of TR was handled in the dub, but I am interested.
I shall also comment, as others have, on the epic ending of a proper blast-off of TR. Well done animators, very nice to watch.

katfairy

Maybe it was a bit of overkill, but it's hard to deny that they had it coming.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I like how Dawn and her pokemon tried to cheer Ash up and the drink Jessie pulled out with a picture of Ash crying on it was hilarious. This episode also had one of the best TR blast offs EVER! Good episode.

9Tales

Anyone agree that this episode shows what a narrcasist Jessie is? It was her idea to attack a supposedly depressed Ash and when confronted by James, Meowth and their Pokemon, she says it's theirfault for not talking her out of her plan.

- Hm. So Ash loses against Paul. He's taking this pretty well, eh?

- Six words for those awesome pictures of Ash's Six[Pokemon that were posted:

1.) Those

2.) Pictures

3.) Are

4.) So

5.) Freaking

6.) AWWWWWESOOOMMMMMEEEEE!

- Um..... could've...um... done without that little.... circus thing-y.... near the end.

- Aww, I really feel sorry for Ashes Pokemon. All covered in bandages like that. *Hugs each one of them*

- So, Ash is just back to his old self. Just like that!? Oookayy!

Note: if it seems like my posts make me seem like someone who takes Pokemon really seriously, I really don't. I just do that to make my posts not so boring/mundane. <- (Man, I love that word!)

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Paul handsomely defeated Ash and that set Ash thinking about his training capabilities....He should certainly formulate counter strategies for Paul if he wants to defeat him

G50

No longer posting
This episode was alright. It was great to see Ash have a real good bonding and training experience with all of his Pokemon. Brock finally saw an Uxie, now the whole gang has each seen 1 of the Lake Trio. It was awesome to see all 6 of Ash's Pokemon launch attacks to defeat TR. It was saddening to see how hurt all of Ash's Pokemon were after the intense battle with Paul. Interesting to see that Buizel is now the smallest Pokemon on Ash's Sinnoh team. Ash's Pokemon all helped him mentally/Psychologically recover after losing to Paul.

94/100