• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncrushing Defeat! (601)

usernames

Hmm, I'm not sure if I am allowed to translate here? But *SPOILER ALERTS* LOL. Initially, TR took out the bottle right, they call it suitable for someone who just lost a battle like Satoshi did. Then Musashi said something about believing or not believing, but that those who believe will be saved. Actually what she's doing is she is emphasizing on the word "believe" because in Japanese, it contains the word SHINJI (which is what she is saying when her head popped out huge). Basically trying to rub it in Satoshi's face.

As for Nyarth, he's saying something like, "because of that, we'll take Pikachu... blah blah...", but when his head popped out, it actually emphasize the word O-MAKE, which means losing.

Apparently Satoshi is too oblivious too notice that they're insulting him though =P

Hope that helped!

P.S. I really wonder how the dub is going to be like for this part?
Jessie: blablablabla championship sports drink for losers
loserloserloserrrrr
(head turns big) U STINK
U STINK
(head turns small then big quickly) U STINK
(head goes small again)o did i forget something
o yes
(head turns big again)STINK U STINK
(head goes small again) n dat means loser
loserloserloserrrrr.......
......James n Meowth: (heads turn big) THAT WOULD BE OUR LOSER JESSIE!!
Ash must have really forgot about his Epic Fail in just one episode!!
HAHAHA!!!
LOL
:)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Laughing is good for the soul but not if the act is not funny.

I like the bonding that was done in this episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I actually felt bad seeing Ash's Pokemon all bandaged up; I didn't think their losses against Paul's team were that severe. Anyway, Ash reflecting on his loss was pretty deep and I liked that Brock and the others did research on Uxie and that Ash and Dawn remembered seeing Mesprit and Azelf. Dawn's performance to make Ash cheer up was quirky; I loved it.

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
I loved this episode I love Dawn's performance to cheer up ash also Brock seeing Uxie. I also notice how the lake trio reflects the DP trio.

JudySpell

Banned
Seeing Ash mope got boring after a while but I liked Dawn's performance thing and also how Brock saw Uxie in Lake Acuity. 7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww Ash's pokemon had extensive injuries, tho I was glad when his pokemon hugged him while he was moping ha ha. Brock seeing Uxie's shadow was cool as well and I liked Dawn's little performance skit.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was great to see Ash have a real good bonding and training experience with all of his Pokemon. Brock finally saw an Uxie too, so now the whole DP gang has each seen one of the Lake Trio. It was fab to see all 6 of Ash's Pokemon launch attacks to defeat TR.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Brock convinced Croagunk not to jab him, wow. I guess it really was too much to expect Ash to realize his own flaws. I await to see how he will come back from this defeat. This was neat for Uxie, but for little else.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was taken aback when I saw Ash's team all beaten up

I wasn't surprised cuz they took a brutal pummeling against Paul's team. Granted we don't normally see Ash's Pokemon all bandaged up like we saw here, but the change was welcomed cuz it made things feel more real to me.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Lol, I just had an epiphany regarding this episode; Brock glimpsed Uxie's shadow because both had something in common: slanted eyes. I think it was deliberate. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved seeing Satoshi and his friends unwind from recent events, although I was stunned when I saw how injured Satoshi's Pokemon were after the Lake Eichi match. Takeshi witnessing Yuxie's shadow added depth here as well.

Daizy

I call you honey
When we saw how badly hurt Ash's team was, I was angry at Paul since this showed me just how cruel his Pokemon are. Uxie's cameo shoulda been better too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
When we saw how badly hurt Ash's team was, I was angry at Paul since this showed me just how cruel his Pokemon are. Uxie's cameo shoulda been better too.

In Shinji's defense, Satoshi agreed to the Lake Eichi battle knowing full well how strong Shinji was, so his Pokemon getting hurt was partially his fault.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I felt sorry for Ash's Pokemon when they were beaten up so brutally. It was nice to see yet another Nurse Joy with a Blissey, in addition to a Chansey. Uxie's cameo was a bit short, though. I liked Dawn putting on a small performance with her Pokemon to cheer Ash up.
7/10

Daizy

I call you honey
I'm happy Brock saw Uxie, but it's stupid that his Croagunk didn't see it with him. Ash being depressed and then cheered up by his Pokemon was so cute especially when they jumped on him.

Jnmisty

The episode really shows when Ash hits a low in his confidence. Plus the performance that Dawn gave is funny. Even though Nurse Joy also has a Blissey, it wasn’t over eager so it is a nice change of pace.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
The episode really shows when Ash hits a low in his confidence. Plus the performance that Dawn gave is funny. Even though Nurse Joy also has a Blissey, it wasn’t over eager so it is a nice change of pace.

I actually didn't even notice that it was her assistant since I hardly ever pay attention to Joi. I wonder if she was given one as foreshadowing for the Jouto remakes that were released a few months after this episode.