• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uncut Naruto preview

What did you think??

• 2 Shadow Clones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Shadow Clones

• It sucked!! I'm stupid and hate dubs of any kind!!

• Total voters

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Got my preview disc in the new SJ a couple of days ago. I don't think any lines were redone, but at least all blood was kept and so was Rocks and Wind, or whatever the Opening and Endings were.

I didn't really bother to listen to the JPN track, simply because there's not much of a differance.

Discuss.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Gotta tell ya, I don't care if it's the uncut or edited dub. Either way the voice acting for the characters in the dubs are comepletely terrible. Not to mention I havn't heard Shikamaru say "How troublesome" in the dub yet and I doubt he will in the uncut either. I havn't seen it but I'm guessing Naruto is still yelling believe it every two seconds, and that's obnoxious. And to top it all off, the uncut dub can't be any further along in the show than the editied dub, meaning it's way, WAY far behind. I'd rather watch it subbed for all of those reasons, including the fact that I'm on episode 98 subbed right now. It's gonna be a good year or longer before the dub is that far.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I don't really plan on getting the uncut box set one way or another. I will say that it is disappointing that there is now apparent changes to dialogue (from what YBM said). I mean, there is cursing in the original, and the 'destroy' instead of 'kill' was an issue for the first few episodes.

And since I'm a critical smart-a*s...

RadiataAlchemist said:
Gotta tell ya, I don't care if it's the uncut or edited dub.

I feel the same, but...

Either way the voice acting for the characters in the dubs are comepletely terrible.

... for different reasons...

So they're awful because they don't sound like the original voices, right? Where Sasuke and Sakura sound like they're in their twenties instead of sound like actual kids in the English dub, right?

That just goes back to the whole "dubs soxxors" talk that I've seen too many times. The majority of anime series have the original Japanese version as the better one, but honestly, there are dubs out there that are better than the original (hell, the director of Cowboy Bebop said that he thinks the English dub of his show is better than the original).

Not to mention I havn't heard Shikamaru say "How troublesome" in the dub yet and I doubt he will in the uncut either.

While I don't quite remember what he said, his catch phrase is apparently translated as "This sucks," or something to that effect. They have that in there.

I havn't seen it but I'm guessing Naruto is still yelling believe it every two seconds, and that's obnoxious.

"Believe it" is Viz's adaption of "Dattebayo!" If you found that annoying, that it would be even more annoying if you understood Japanese and heard that way more often in the original than in the dub. And don't say that they shoudn't have even put it in there, because if they didn't you and a bunch of others would be b*tching if they didn't adapt it.

And to top it all off, the uncut dub can't be any further along in the show than the editied dub, meaning it's way, WAY far behind.

Actually in terms of DVDs the uncut dub is and will be further ahead than the DVDs of the editted dub. In terms of showing... Viz is taking advantage of popularity of Naruto and showcasing it to get more revenue than they would simply by selling it via straight to DVD. I mean, who would've thought a company actually take all the money and advertising they can for a series, because they obviously don't do that with other anime series or any other medium or entertainment.

I'd rather watch it subbed for all of those reasons, including the fact that I'm on episode 98 subbed right now. It's gonna be a good year or longer before the dub is that far.

If that keeps you from complaining about the dub in the future, then go right ahead. I'll just make a mental note that it is apparently to whine and moan about something that you don't like when you already have want you want and the "bad stuff" isn't being forced on you. Now I just have to find a good thread of shounen series and b*tch that the majority of shounen series are overrated crap that condescend to the understanding of a five year old.

You and I don't agree on very many things outside that Evangelion is a great show, do we?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
RadiataAlchemist said:
Gotta tell ya, I don't care if it's the uncut or edited dub. Either way the voice acting for the characters in the dubs are comepletely terrible. Not to mention I havn't heard Shikamaru say "How troublesome" in the dub yet and I doubt he will in the uncut either. I havn't seen it but I'm guessing Naruto is still yelling believe it every two seconds, and that's obnoxious. And to top it all off, the uncut dub can't be any further along in the show than the editied dub, meaning it's way, WAY far behind. I'd rather watch it subbed for all of those reasons, including the fact that I'm on episode 98 subbed right now. It's gonna be a good year or longer before the dub is that far.
Lemme break it down for you.
-Voice acting doesn't suck. You want sucky voice acting watch one piece. =D
-I rp Shikamaru alot and Shikamaru basically likes says how troublesome in other varitions then just how troublesome. Now that would be annoying is if all he said when being annoyed how troublesome.
-Naruto is ment to be obnoxius anyways. :D
-Dattebayyo=Believe it has already be explained and killed to death so just forget that.
-Impatient are we? Hunter X Hunter manga that Viz disrtbutes is way behind yet I still buy it. I'd do the same if DVDs ever came out for that at all. Same thing for Naruto.
-Click it!
-Did you see the thing that states this?
Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles. If you seriously hate the dub voices theres this thing called switching laguages to Japanese.

Laz-E-Boy

The Wi$e Prophet
RadiataAlchemist said:
Gotta tell ya, I don't care if it's the uncut or edited dub. Either way the voice acting for the characters in the dubs are comepletely terrible.

I can't believe people are still saying this when Naruto comes on RIGHT BEFORE One Piece of Crap. Sasuke, Zabuza, Kakashi, Sakura, Gaara, Hinata. They are absolutely TERRIFIC. I'm even tempted to say they are better than the JP counterparts. I don't see how anyone can say these people are terrible when you comparing it to other dubs like DBZ, Zatch Bell, and One Piece of Crap.

Not to mention I havn't heard Shikamaru say "How troublesome" in the dub yet and I doubt he will in the uncut either. I havn't seen it but I'm guessing Naruto is still yelling believe it every two seconds, and that's obnoxious.

Shikamaru's catchphrase would actually be closer to "what a pain in the ***" than "How troublesome". But those 2 and "what a drag" are all correct anyway.

And Naruto is supposed to be obnoxious. You're lucky Naruto's VA said they were going to cut down on the "Believe It", since in the JP version it's much worse.

As for the Uncut discs, I would like to get them, especially now that I know ROCKS and Wind are kept intact.

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
RadiataAlchemist said:
Either way the voice acting for the characters in the dubs are comepletely terrible.
No. Most of them (the ones I've heard in both languages, anyway) sound very similar...

RadiataAlchemist said:
Not to mention I havn't heard Shikamaru say "How troublesome" in the dub yet and I doubt he will in the uncut either.
He says "what a drag" in the dub, which is another way of saying the same thing.

RadiataAlchemist said:
I havn't seen it but I'm guessing Naruto is still yelling believe it every two seconds, and that's obnoxious.
I suppose you find "dattebayo" obnoxious too, because he says that in Japanese ALL THE DAMNED TIME.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
For the record I like the dub acting of Zatch Bell and FUNi's DBZ.

Secondly, RadiataAlchemist you're highly biased. I prefer to never watch a subbed version of Animé until I am use to the English voices because then I don't act like the idiot you are pretty much acting like right at this moment. The dub actors all have feelings too, it isn't nice to just bash them right up front, not one bit. Infact, a majority of the cast post on Narutofan's forums so if you have beef with them take it there.

By the way, the recording is done in California, a state with a lot of acting talent to draw from, and I think each character has been cast respectfully.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
No, to be honest, I can't put a finger on why I don't like the voice acting in the dub. It just doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't do anything for me. I knew that "Believe it" was the adaptation of "Dattebayo". I'm saying i prefer dattebayo. Of course he over uses it in the japanese version, I watch it, that's how I'm on ep 98. But i'd rather hear that than "believe it!". I'm sorry if I came off as "whiny", but I was merely expressing my thoughts on the subject. That's what a forum such as Sppf is for isn't it? I'm sorry that I don't agree with you people but what's with all the bashing? I've watched all of the dubbed episodes so far and a lot of the subbed episodes and I'm dammed well allowed to feel the way I do about it.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
RadiataAlchemist said:
No, to be honest, I can't put a finger on why I don't like the voice acting in the dub. It just doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't do anything for me. I knew that "Believe it" was the adaptation of "Dattebayo". I'm saying i prefer dattebayo. Of course he over uses it in the japanese version, I watch it, that's how I'm on ep 98. But i'd rather hear that than "believe it!". I'm sorry if I came off as "whiny", but I was merely expressing my thoughts on the subject. That's what a forum such as Sppf is for isn't it? I'm sorry that I don't agree with you people but what's with all the bashing? I've watched all of the dubbed episodes so far and a lot of the subbed episodes and I'm dammed well allowed to feel the way I do about it.
You can still buy it. It has the Japanese eps too. D:

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
RadiataAlchemist said:
I knew that "Believe it" was the adaptation of "Dattebayo". I'm saying i prefer dattebayo. Of course he over uses it in the japanese version, I watch it, that's how I'm on ep 98. But i'd rather hear that than "believe it!".

Do you know how unbelievably retarded it'd sound for the English Naruto to be saying dattebayo in an otherwise English sentence?

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
RadiataAlchemist said:
I'm sorry that I don't agree with you people but what's with all the bashing?

Because this is a thread about an uncut DVD that does have the original Japanese track, yet you've made it sound like you're going to download rather than pay for the episodes.

On the topic...

I probably won't end up buying this for a little while. I have other DVDs that I want first, and I've seen all of the episodes in the boxset. I'll buy it eventually, but not at the moment. D:

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
RadiataAlchemist said:
No, to be honest, I can't put a finger on why I don't like the voice acting in the dub. It just doesn't sound good to me. It doesn't do anything for me.

Then buy the damn thing for the original Japanese version that is on it. There's a whole other benefit for the uncut version, yanno.

I knew that "Believe it" was the adaptation of "Dattebayo". I'm saying i prefer dattebayo. Of course he over uses it in the japanese version, I watch it, that's how I'm on ep 98. But i'd rather hear that than "believe it!".

Then ya get to hear "Dattebayo!" on your beautiful television should you buy the uncut box set! And you are supporting the series unlike the sh*t-wits who downloaded the series in their basement and never buy domestic DVD releases of their favorite series! Everyone wins! WINNER! WHEE!

I'm sorry if I came off as "whiny", but I was merely expressing my thoughts on the subject. That's what a forum such as Sppf is for isn't it?

Let me put this mathematically...

SPPF = Forum

Forum = Part of Internet

Internet = Stupidity/Arrogance/Hatred/Sanctuary for people who wouldn't know quality of a medium of entertainment if it bit them on the a*s.

... So therefore...

SPPF = Stupidity/Arrogance/Hatred/Sanctuary for people who wouldn't know quality of a medium of entertainment if it bit them on the a*s.

I'm sorry that I don't agree with you people but what's with all the bashing? I've watched all of the dubbed episodes so far and a lot of the subbed episodes and I'm dammed well allowed to feel the way I do about it.

Like I said, look forward to my thread in which I spew my hate for a vast amount of shounen and harem series of manga and anime. Have fun.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Ok let's clear something up. I PAID for over 100 of the subbed episodes on DVD from Japan. Are you happy now? I didn't download them. If that was the only reason for hating my opinion so much then it's over. I bought every episode I've watched fair and square. I realize that a very large portion of people on the internet are all of the things you mentioned. Nonetheless, it's still a place to voice opinion, and mine is just as valid as yours. I honestly couldn't care less if you hate certain animes, that's your right. I'll probably read that thread of yours, Hellkorn, but I'm not going to attack you for how you feel about it. Even if I don't agree with it. Dogasu, yes I realize how "retarded" it would sound if he said dattebayo i nan otherwise english sentence. I don't believe I ever said that I wished he would say dattebayo in the English version, did I? No, I just said I prefer one to the other, supporting the point that I prefer the subbed to dubbed version. And finally, Skiks, why in the heck would I buy it for the japanese episodes that I have already bought on DVD? You know what happens when you assume...

Last edited:

HK

Radiance of Shadows
RadiataAlchemist said:
Ok let's clear something up. I PAID for over 100 of the subbed episodes on DVD from Japan. Are you happy now? I didn't download them.

... Wait a second: Naruto is released over in Japan, on R2 DVDs, with English subtitles? When the hell did this happen? Are you seriously telling us that you got them with ENGLISH SUBTITLES?

If that was the only reason for hating my opinion so much then it's over. I bought every episode I've watched fair and square.

... Unless what I'm assuming is wrong (in which you just paid for the Naruto DVDs with just Japanese and nothing else), then yes, you paid those bootleggers fair and sqaure.

I realize that a very large portion of people on the internet are all of the things you mentioned. Nonetheless, it's still a place to voice opinion, and mine is just as valid as yours.

*Looks around.* Who, me?

I honestly couldn't care less if you hate certain animes, that's your right. I'll probably read that thread of yours, Hellkorn, but I'm not going to attack you for how you feel about it.

Read between the lines: I'm jokingly pointing out how ridiculous it is that your going on about how your opinion should be respected while you have no validity and/or arguement behind it -- i.e. I'm being a sarcastic b*stard that is talking about putting up a thread I would love to put up, but won't accomplish anything so I won't put it up.

Even if I don't agree with it.

If somebody has Naruto as their favorite anime series and is so anal about it, then I'm not going to bother to change their minds. I already consider them a lost cause to convert to anime/manga that is a little bit more... intelligent.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
RadiataAlchemist said:
Ok let's clear something up. I PAID for over 100 of the subbed episodes on DVD from Japan. Are you happy now? I didn't download them. If that was the only reason for hating my opinion so much then it's over.
Pure BS. ¬¬

Buying bootlegged DVDs that AREN'T supporting the Japanese company that produces the show (Studio Pierrot/TV Tokyo) is certainly not the same as buying uncut, bilingual DVDs with subtitles while supporting the American dubbing company that provides them at the same time.

Congratulations, you've just supported piracy. 8)

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
RadiataAlchemist said:
Skiks, why in the heck would I buy it for the japanese episodes that I have already bought on DVD? You know what happens when you assume...
I assumed because last time I checked there aren't any legal Naruto subs on sale. Until now with the uncuts.

Chris

Old Coot
RadiataAlchemist said:
Ok let's clear something up. I PAID for over 100 of the subbed episodes on DVD from Japan. Are you happy now? I didn't download them.
lmao You've been ripped off. You paid for BOOTLEG DVDs, since Japan only releases nonsubtitled DVDs of Naruto. I'm quite sure that your discs are also region free, correct? If so, total bootleg. :)

RadiataAlchemist said:
Dogasu, yes I realize how "retarded" it would sound if he said dattebayo i nan otherwise english sentence. I don't believe I ever said that I wished he would say dattebayo in the English version, did I? No, I just said I prefer one to the other, supporting the point that I prefer the subbed to dubbed version.
Because everything sounds cooler in Japanese, ammirite? 8D Seriously, it's the same damned thing. If you were actually LISTENING to the audio as opposed to reading the subtitles, you'd notice how incredibly annoying it is and how it's the same god damned thing in another language.

RadiataAlchemist said:
And finally, Skiks, why in the heck would I buy it for the japanese episodes that I have already bought on DVD? You know what happens when you assume...
Because official DVDs > bootleg Hong Kong DVDs. 8D

RomanMack

Johto Champion
People that complain about the Naruto dub are ungreatful slugs...

Yeah. I know what I said is harsh. But it's true...

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Ok, maybe I screwed up, it happens, I'm human too. And, I appologize to the companies in both Japan and America that I failed to support. However, my opinion of the dub still stands...sorry if you guys don't like it :). I'm done here.